You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Why boring, is it because I question your idiotic idea of "scrapping a winning system" being the reason of our problems? Did you notice the 30+ goal 12+ assist per season striker we just sold?

Do you really think that Rodgers would have preferred to sell him and replace him with Lambert and Balotelli?

Why boring, is it because I question your idiotic idea of "scrapping a winning system" being the reason of our problems? Did you notice the 30+ goal 12+ assist per season striker we just sold?

Do you really think that Rodgers would have preferred to sell him and replace him with Lambert and Balotelli?

suarez wanted to go you fuckwit. He wasn't ever going to stay. I can't believe you just don't get this.

People place too much importance on time for managers and it all goes back to Ferguson and that shite about how he nearly got sacked. But for me you're either doing a good job or you're not. Managers get judged on results and transfers and Rodgers have both been appalling this season.

If every time you enter the transfer market you actually make the team worse, then things are fucked.

Another season will be another season, and a huge amount of money wasted IMO. We haven't been going in the right direction since the first few seasons under Rafa, because he was a manager with pedigree who'd won trophies and had a proven record of unearthing players. Everything that's happened under Dalglish and Rodgers was predictable, from Kenny's highly dubious transfer record at Newcastle, to a Swansea side that looked good at home but often got arseraped everywhere else.

It's obvious by our pursuit of Rodgers and first Martinez that FSG were attempting to apply moneyball to management the way they do to players, and it just doesn't work. A player's talent is physical, a manager's comes from experience and is mostly learned, along with inate qualities such as charisma which is either there or not - in fact they clearly knew that or else there wouldn't have been the attempt to get in LVG as a DOF.

Liverpool football club isn't the place to learn how to manage, because we're not made of money, and every year we're shit our reputation is eroded still further.

We need what we've needed for years, a top class football administrator and an experienced top class manager, everything else is jeeking off into the footballing Kleenex of life.

• Upvote 6

Liverpool football club isn't the place to learn how to manage...

We need what we've needed for years, a top class football administrator and an experienced top class manager

As good a summary of our situation as I have seen.

Brendan can still come good, but Brendan's debut CL record of three defeats out of four games puts much pressure on our two remaining games.

When a manager, after three defeats in eight days says “I wouldn’t do anything differently. We just didn’t get the results" the alarm bells start ringing.

• Upvote 1

His team selections and substitutions are hard to fathom.

Picking Johnson ahead of Manquillo,persisting with Joe Allen who is our least effective midfielder and paying £25 million for Lallana and then not giving him game time despite him looking better than anybody else up front is quite baffling.

The Gerrard situation is not helping anybody at present and he has to be brave if he wants to get out of our current rut.

• Upvote 1

We are not amused Brendan, audible moans at the subs being made today, never like to hear that, feels disloyal. But I think we would appreciate you more if you said you fucked up with the selections in the past week and ship Ballotelli and Lovren to the deepest bowels of Anfield if you persist in playing them they are going to get you the sack sir.

Just someone explain why Glen Johnson keeps getting picked? In fairness, today was probably his best performance for ages (not that it was that great) but as soon as I see he's on the teamsheet it puts me on a downer ahead of the game.

Miles out of position for the winner today though. Left it to little Phil.

Just someone explain why Glen Johnson keeps getting picked? In fairness, today was probably his best performance for ages (not that it was that great) but as soon as I see he's on the teamsheet it puts me on a downer ahead of the game.

I can only put his presence down to the fact we're paying him 120 large a week. You know, a bit like when you've spent 100 quid or so on something you didnt really want but you still use it to 'get yer money's worth.'

Based on last season probably.

Based on signings it's impossible to justify.

Most will be in one camp or the other.

One would have to ask if FSG & co are in any way capable of finding a replacement however.

I'd stick if only for that reason.

That said Real & Chelsea brushing us aside as if we're flies is beyond emmbarrassing.

As good a summary of our situation as I have seen.

Brendan can still come good, but Brendan's debut CL record of three defeats out of four games puts much pressure on our two remaining games.

When a manager, after three defeats in eight days says “I wouldn’t do anything differently. We just didn’t get the results" the alarm bells start ringing.

Bloody Hell , man the lifeboats if you're crticising Rodgers,

He was an asset last season . Light touch ,not tinkering too much, all hugs and kisses with the press. He just doesn't seem to have the gravitas to crack the whip when we're struggling. That's the real worry. Managing a winning team is easy , its times like these you need a ruthless streak and he doesn't seem to have that . I don't think the bigger squad has helped him and its very disappointing he cant seem get the hang of picking his best team. These next few  months are going to define Brendan Rodgers possibly for the rest of his career.