You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

That's like an Everton video.

We've won nothing yet ladies and gentlemen. Let's not ladle on the emotive shite until we actually achieve something. Until then it's all empty talk and meaningless widescreen music. Fuck it off and get something won. Then we can talk about heroes/destiny/fans/desire or whatever the fuck these voiceovers waffle on about.

Totally agree. We have won bugger all yet, and I think it is small time (and tempting fate) to be boasting as if we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we have enough to buy two or three good players this summer, plus our usual smattering of prospects, plus we bring back the better loan players to add to our depth next season, then we should be more than fine. 

Money is a funny thing. It's all about getting the right players. I hope we get our deals done early, as with the World Cup going on it's going to be a mad summer. 

Football Manager based on Ron Atkinson's time at Athletico Madrid. Play as Ron as he try's to learn Spanish, living off Paella alone for one solid year. Play as you teach a rag tag group of jonny foreigners the british bulldog spirit, can you take them to the Champions league final? or will it be early retirement and siestas in the sun? Filled with hilariously racial hijinks, do you have what it takes to become an all conquering, swashbuckling, Paella gorging spanish conquistador like Big Ron?

Football Manager based on Ron Atkinson's time at Athletico Madrid. Play as Ron as he try's to learn Spanish, living off Paella alone for one solid year. Play as you teach a rag tag group of jonny foreigners the british bulldog spirit, can you take them to the Champions league final? or will it be early retirement and siestas in the sun? Filled with hilariously racial hijinks, do you have what it takes to become an all conquering, swashbuckling, Paella gorging spanish conquistador like Big Ron?

That's a good enough excuse to play this,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G1o7Fu93L4s

Is he back at man utd yet?

• 7 months later...

Course he does.

He needs to show that he has big balls though, as he'll be faced with dropping star names for us to perform to our capacity. Johnson should never play for us again, Lovren needs a prolonged rest (indefinite), and Gerrard should only be an impact sub from now on. Henderson has returned to his former cowardly self, and we need to play someone up top with Balotelli (or drop him).

I'm not at all worried about our medium term feature, but the next few weeks will determine how this seaon is viewed. Lose a couple of more league games, go out in the CL and League cup and he'll have the vultures circling.

• Upvote 2

Obviously not if the current one continues as it has started. You cannot spend that amount of money and miss out on the top four entirely; retaining the manager would essentially be a concession that we're a small-time club. If he turns it around and gets us into the top four, absolutely. Top four is a realistic expectation, a title challenge each year less so.

I've backed him all the way but I am starting to change my mind because I am sick of seeing him be pussy and pick an ageing 35 year old whose legs have clearly gone. No one bigger than the team sounds good but it's alll about having the cojones to live by it.

He has disrespected the other players by constantly either being afraid to make a big decision or you are playing favourites which is equally just as bad.

He somehow broke the team we had last season and turned it into a giant turd. That's some feat. He is stubborn and refuses to see sense. In what universe is playing MB as a lone striker a good decision?

This reminds me of Rafa's last season. The pigheadednes and the blinkered, head in the sand monotony of the team selection.

It's starting to look like Brendan had his chance and blew it.

If Klopp is available, we need to get him in.

• Upvote 3

I've backed him all the way but I am starting to change my mind because I am sick of seeing him be pussy and pick an ageing 35 year old whose legs have clearly gone. No one bigger than the team sounds good but it's alll about having the cojones to live by it.

He has disrespected the other players by constantly either being afraid to make a big decision or you are playing favourites which is equally just as bad.

He somehow broke the team we had last season and turned it into a giant turd. That's some feat. He is stubborn and refuses to see sense. In what universe is playing MB as a lone striker a good decision?

This reminds me of Rafa's last season. The pigheadednes and the blinkered, head in the sand monotony of the team selection.

It's starting to look like Brendan had his chance and blew it.

If Klopp is available, we need to get him in.

Agree with the first two paragraphs, too early to judge on the others imo.

Not endorsing a change of manager, but this is his central problem this season for me, and whether he changes it or not will likely determine how long he's here.  Things can turn quickly when a manager doesn't learn from his mistakes.  Nothing worse than waiting for the team sheet hoping it will show a realisation of x clearly identifiable problems, and just seeing what didn't work last time or the time before that or the time before that. 

Set us back years this summer with his terrible buys.  The football last season was great but the warning signs were there about how shite he was in the transfer market.  Last season we had a small group of players that were good enough and Rodgers had brought very few of them to the club.

What I am seeing is a broken team who feel disheartened by the manager.

The team that played in Madrid earned their chance to play today. So what does BR do? He showed he has no trust in them and went back to the shit show. Borini ran his heart out on Tuesday; what does he have to do to prove he is worthy? Gerrard has stunk out the place but gets the red carpet treatment. How would you feel if you see that type of treatment being handed out? Manquillo is a young man so is probably just happy to play but are you telling me he defends to a lower standard than GJ who is again, not the future of this club? It's bizarre and stinks of cowardice.

• Upvote 1

I blame Rodgers for only one thing, that he has agreed to play the role of the Yesman.

The transfer dealings, The joke of the transfer committee, the shite budget, Suarez sale and the lack of investment is all down to FSG. From DAY ONE they have promised the "Arsenal Model", the model that has dictated the sale of every star player Arsenal produced and their replacement with younger players who were also sold for profit later. This model also produced a trophyless decade with plenty of profits for the shareholders. Problem is we are not based in London and we don't have Wenger to win us CL football every season. So we are destined for mediocrity. Permanent mediocrity at all levels.

FSG really are the bottom of the barrel as Cecil had predicted.

I had a pint with my old man after the match today and I commented how it seems he's falling into the same trap as his predecessors: the scrapping of a winning system, shocking transfers, baffling subs, perseverance with a failing formation.

Even in the first half of his first season, I thought there was a lot about him that deserved praise, notably the fact that he was proactive. I remember him making changes when it was apparent the system wasn't working. Those subs today; they were a case of reacting after the event. Even before they scored, it was obvious they were getting a foothold in the match and the goal causes him to take off our two best players. I was dumbfounded.

The boos around where I sit were deafening. I'm fully behind him and I want him to turn it around and I hope he can restore some confidence v Palace, but I'm concerned the tide is beginning to turn.

• Upvote 1

What happened last season? We were immense. I know we had a world class player but Rodgers must have had some influence for the way we were playing. Can't understand how we are so shit

This type of thing from Luis, will not help the growing number of fans who are looking at Rodgers and thinking hmmm. Barcelona's last 3 goals from 3 Suarez assists in the league and they have a few decent players I hear.

Luis Suárez set up two late goals to lead Barcelona’s 2-1 comeback victory at Almería in La Liga on Saturday.

With Barcelona facing a third straight loss in the competition, Suárez came on at half-time and orchestrated the visitors’ fightback.

The Uruguay forward used a burst of speed to shed his marker before crossing for fellow substitute Neymar to equalise in the 73rd minute. He then picked out Jordi Alba to grab the winner in the 82nd.

Almería forward Bifouma Thievy had put the hosts ahead in the 22nd from a counterattack, after Lionel Messi lost the ball.

"Scrapping of a winning system", eh?

Is that how you have rebranded the sale of the World's best striker and FSG's inability to replace him with another Top Class striker?

Is it FSG's inability or Rodgers'? Lallana was Brendan's #1 target. FSG subsequently overpaid for him which meant they had to scrimp on other targets. Do you not think Rodgers was informed of that?

Do  you really think that Rodgers decides on the transfer budget?

I'm sure Rodgers would have preferred to have kept Suarez or replace him with Falcao, Costa et al, but FSG are known to have implemented an age and a wage cap on signings.

Is that Rodgers' fault again? really?