You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Balotelli not doing well has been massively detrimental, losing Suarez and Sturridge has hit us hard. I'd say not buying a top quality DM has hurt us too.

Again though, who takes the blame for Balotelli, it's not like him being a disaster wasn't predictable. The DM situation has been a joke, imagine if we'd spent the Markovich money on buying back Mascherano and paying him top whack?

We've less points after 11 games than we had at the same stage of Dalglish, Hodgson, Benitez, Houllier, Evans & Souness's last seasons.

Rodgers got to buck the trend that has started.

That's pretty damning. Good luck Rodgers, you'll need it. 

He could start by grinding out some 0-0s or 1-0s by tightening up at the back but he won't do that will he? Despite it being dead easy to coach apparently. 

It will change when Sturridge comes back. If it doesn't then I am lost

Im not sure it will make that much difference. We arent creating lots of chances. Score goals as he undoubtedly will, wont cure the comical defending.

And if he gets injured again its back to now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The biggest mistake this season was replacing Suarez with Balotelli, not our defence.  

No tactics will work with Balotelli, Borini and Lambert as your forward line.

None of this shit would be happening now if we signed a decent forward

Not one of those players you have mentioned there has a hand in us conceding goals like a fucking pub team.  Going by that logic, if we sign a decent forward we automatically stop conceding stupid goals every game ?

You'll wake up with your head in the porridge.  We have good defenders, but a shit defensive unit.  And that is down to coaching, or lack of it.

I'd like to see a list of strikers/forwards, in preferential order, that Brendan Rodgers would have liked to have replace Suarez with. Then for someone at the club to explain, why we ended up getting Balotelli. We know about Sanchez and Remy, were there no others?

Remy just returned to fitness so I'd say the club was smart there, if we'd have signed him people would be slagging the committee for being stupid about signing damaged goods to back up an injury prone player. 

Realistically there wasn't a lot available last summer for us.

Remy just returned to fitness so I'd say the club was smart there, if we'd have signed him people would be slagging the committee for being stupid about signing damaged goods to back up an injury prone player. 

I take it you didn't read the Remy transfer thread when it looked like he was signing as no one said any of that.

Not to your mind Scott, but considering we're supposed to have an extensive network across the globe and some real inclination and advanced warning Luis would be off. I find that a bit of a cop out. What - really - is the point of having scouts when they patently don't unearth players when needed? Where do other teams get their strikers from? Bit having s pop at you mate, just very frustrated at us sabotaging ourselves yet again.
  • Upvote 3

Not one of those players you have mentioned there has a hand in us conceding goals like a fucking pub team.  Going by that logic, if we sign a decent forward we automatically stop conceding stupid goals every game ?

You'll wake up with your head in the porridge.  We have good defenders, but a shit defensive unit.  And that is down to coaching, or lack of it.

Wake up? So we had a magically good defence last season was it? oh i Forgot our defense was amazing last year. It wasn't having to do with the 101 goals we scored. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Brendan is a good manager. I would give him another season. Its easy to say that last season was just down to our two strikers. It wasn't - Henderson, coutinho, sterling and Gerrard played a massive part in our successes. Our defence was equally shit last season so that balances out. After a tough first few months, Brendan finished his first season very strongly. I don't think he's a one season wonder and if he does get the boot here, my view that he is a manager of great potential won't change.

He tried to sign Sanchez this summer. We don't know who else he tried to sign that would have slotted in seamlessly. We might be Liverpool fc but in the modern world we lag behind the likes of city, Chelsea and PSG, let alone the barca and reals of this world. That isn't the fault of Brendan.

However, that doesn't mean that I don't have very serious questions of him. Balotelli is fucking clueless and how Brendan thinks he can play on his own upfront is frankly daft. He's totally impacting on the inconsistent performances of sterling, coutinho and lallana. They're looking for runs and Mario is either miles from the box or miles offside.

Stevie is probably the first name on the team sheet but Brendan needs to grow a pair and give hendo, Allen and especially the very talented can the space to grow in midfield. They aren't exactly players of the calibre of souey or Whelan, but that isn't to say that they can't be very good players for us. Stevie needs to be fucked off to the bench for the long term good of the club.

The next issue is lovren. How the hell does Brendan think he is worth sticking with I will never know. Face the gallery Brendan and accept you fucked up with big dejan...stick kolo back in and we might get top 4...not because kolo is marvellous but because the other teams bar Chelsea and Southampton are shocking.

That is what annoys me the most. We could be about ten points ahead of the likes of arsenal and united if we were even 70% of what we were last season.

• Upvote 2

One thing I just realised that is really irritating me about this season and it's nothing to do with the football as such.  It's making me look like one of those cunts who only come on forums when they want to have a moan because I was hardly on here last season when we were putting the smackdown on fools and now I find myself getting dragged back into the place just as the wheels are if not actually coming off, then at least looking rather wobbly.

It's pure coincidence; I mean I am a cunt but I'm not that kind of cunt.

• Upvote 1