You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eastenders

Fowlers God

This is probably my favourite scene of all time. I remember it clearly as I had just returned home after a year studying abroad and was depressed as hell. After I watched this scene, however, I couldn't help but smile...

Nick Cotton holding up a cafe full of people armed only with a chair leg and colourful language - Great television.

[YOUTUBE]uGc3ggeT8Ho[/YOUTUBE]

I used to love Nick Cotton. Top geezer.

My girlfriend usually ends up watching all the soaps, which is just depressing. She broke her remote so can't tune the freeview in and she doesn't like eating in silence, and I don't really like having a conversation when I'm eating so the TV has to be on and there's obviously never anything decent on so she ends up sticking shit like this on.

But she's a girl, she can be forgiven. No excuse for my brother, or any bloke for that matter watching it. It's mind-numbing, but the girlfriend is glued to it. Speak up while it's on and it's "SHUSH!"

I'm gonna try and introduce her to wrestling. At least it makes some sense (sometimes) and the women are hot. If she dares turn round and says it's shit, I'll tell her to shut up and be an all round dick until it finishes. Fucking women and soaps. Or should I say, fucking women and TV. Park them in front of anything that requires zero brain cells and they turn into zombies.

Its also dead easy to get a job. You just walk into the pub/chippy/whatever, have a brief argument, and start work about a minute later.

Why does nobody take drugs on these programs either? There's a murder every three days but not one single regular pot smoker.

One of the many reasons I like Spaced is that the regular casual drug use isn't even made an issue, in the same way that most tv doesn't make an issue of characters having a pint. It's quite a rare thing if you think about it.

• Upvote 1

I'm proud to say that I weened my missus off it through a mixture of contempt and ridicule. I started off by walking through the room when it was on and shaking my head at her, muttering something like "Jesus, you're better than this", and sometimes sitting through it, pulling it apart, shouting out what was obviously coming next, laughing at the bits that were supposed to be dramatic, and so on. Finally, as our eldest is now old enough to stay up when it's on - every time they covered anything even remotely adult or controversial, I would announce to my missus that she needed to explain properly to the boy what was going on, as they are important issues her programme has raised. As she can't afford to divorce me, her only other option was to stop watching it, which she did. We're a soap-free household now.

article-0-09E98EFD000005DC-243_233x392.jpg

How can a fella who looks like jimmy Somerville, works on a shit car lot, wears brown suits and has his feet nailed to the floor of a shite pub get so much fanny?. Why does anyone in their right mind want to smash Kat slater when she has probably got more diseases than the outbreak monkey?

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...