You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I love that one- the actual injustice was Everton qualifying (for the qualifiers anyway), and Liverpool not being first English seeds and having to play 3 extra rounds.

They bang on about them being thrown out by Collina because UEFA didn't want 5 English teams in the tournament. They obviously have no reasoning why UEFA wanted this apart from the fact that Liverpool were involved.

They never said a word when 5 English teams qualified a few years ago or why all the smaller leagues have been given more hurdles to overcome since to qualify for the group stages by playing more games. 

Just now, dockers_strike said:

A rule that was always present and had been implemented by the Spanish FA to promote then 5th place Real and CL holders into the CL and drop the 4th placed club, into the UEFA Cup.

Exactly.  They should never have been put forward in the first place and wouldn't have been but for the authorities not being brave enough to face down their fume and tears.  

If I remember correctly the exact same scenario had nearly played out the season before with Arsenal and Utd, and the FA had a piece up on their website saying the team winning the CL would take precedent, which was quietly removed when Everton began cryarsing.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If I remember correctly the exact same scenario had nearly played out the season before with Arsenal and Utd, and the FA had a piece up on their website saying the team winning the CL would take precedent, which was quietly removed when Everton began cryarsing.

But surely not given the powers that be want to keep Everton down at all costs and constantly fuck them over. 

That's what they tell themselves anyway instead of just admitting they are shite and constantly fuck everything up themselves.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That’s exactly right. I found it on the website and emailed the link to the bbc and guardian. I got personal messages back thanking me for it and it was online and in print the following day putting UEFA under huge pressure. I know others probably emailed them too but I like to think I played my part.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

What are the Weir and Cahill ones?

Here it is in all its glory.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/history/themes/injustice.asp

Davey Weir got a booking that (they say) shouldn't have been a booking, in an insignificant league game against Fulham 20 years ago.

Cahill was booked for a bookable offence (lifting his shirt to celebrate a goal, in a game that they won) that they think shouldn't have been a bookable offence.

35 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Davey Weir got a booking that (they say) shouldn't have been a booking, in an insignificant league game against Fulham 20 years ago.

Cahill was booked for a bookable offence (lifting his shirt to celebrate a goal, in a game that they won) that they think shouldn't have been a bookable offence.

Come on, I think we all know deep down that if Weir hadn't been booked then Everton would have won at least two European cups since. 

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On the same page is the free kick (not goal kick as they claim) that Hutchison hadn't retreated fully for. As I recall, he was plodding away, blocking the taking of the kick when Westerweld took it. As for "not gaining an advantage" - he fucking scored from not retreating!