You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There's no way on earth they send Everton down after the season is done and they believe they have survived. I honestly think that would be an appaling way to do it anyway.

If they don't there's little point in giving a deduction, the offence has helped them stay up.

The more appaling the better for me.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

If they don't there's little point in giving a deduction, the offence has helped them stay up.

It helped them stay up last season too. The second they handed in their covid losses they should of been deducted points.

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Exactly, let them all celebrate like mad and carry the players aloft off the pitch in their last game. Then get Rafa up on the big screen making an announcement on behalf of the Premier League. ‘10 point deduction , immediate effect, ‘ then smirk and stick 2 fingers up to the camera. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I don't see how Everton get penalised in any way when City are also under threat, for more charges and over a longer period.

Yep.

I think any points deductions would be strategically deployed - in City’s case when it would affect neither the destination of the title nor deny them a top four finish and Everton’s when the deduction wouldn’t relegated them.

14 hours ago, Olddantucker said:

I suppose even when they win they help us out - takes away Brighton's chance of overtaking Liverpool once they play their two extra games.

If, and I know it's a big if, we scrape top 4, and Brighton win the rest of their games it'll be thanks to the shite we get into the CL. That's outstanding. 

Didn't see that coming yesterday. It was my birthday and whilst I'd stop short of saying it ruined it, well it certainly put a dent in it! Such are the fine margins at the bottom that I can't see them going now - it's not impossible but I had them getting a maximum of four points from their remaining games and that likely leaving them short. Now - I can't see them failing to beat Bournemouth, unfortunately, as well as a possible point at Wolves, so they'll likely get six or seven instead of three or four and I can't see that not being enough. Last night was supposed to be a total write-off and they've got their biggest win of the season instead. The morale swing will be incredible.

It's probably the most Everton thing to happen though. Pressure has been building on Dyche but in one balmy night he's cemented himself into bitter folklore - for now at least. And next season, points deduction to one side, he'll keep them safe - but as always their rush to crown a new messiah will probably backfire. Eventually the results and mid-table safety won't be enough to excuse Dyche's "unEvertonian" style of football and they'll march on his house with the pitchforks out, clammering for his exit. Bill and Mosh will panic, and yet another manager will depart USM Finch Farm with a hefty severance for him and his staff, and another, more progressive manager will come in and start clearing Dyche's bargain basement yard dogs out for peanuts and the cycle will start again.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Just overheard a few Everton fans whilst picking the kids up from school. They are absolutely joyous and think they are brilliant again.

They never learn. Ever.

Was on the bus before and some fella in full Everton tracky with an Everton rucksack on the seat opposite so everyone could see. Someone phoned him. You'll never guess what his ringtone was that he left going for 10 seconds before answering.

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Was on the bus before and some fella in full Everton tracky with an Everton rucksack on the seat opposite so everyone could see. Someone phoned him. You'll never guess what his ringtone was that he left going for 10 seconds before answering.

They are like all those teenage kids that sell and smoke weed. They all dress the same,North Face Black Jackets and often ride a bike. They stick out like sore thumbs. They are sad bastards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Funnily enough I have seen a few people wearing Everton gear whilst out and about today. Can't think why 

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Didn't see that coming yesterday. It was my birthday and whilst I'd stop short of saying it ruined it, well it certainly put a dent in it! Such are the fine margins at the bottom that I can't see them going now - it's not impossible but I had them getting a maximum of four points from their remaining games and that likely leaving them short. Now - I can't see them failing to beat Bournemouth, unfortunately, as well as a possible point at Wolves, so they'll likely get six or seven instead of three or four and I can't see that not being enough. Last night was supposed to be a total write-off and they've got their biggest win of the season instead. The morale swing will be incredible.

It's probably the most Everton thing to happen though. Pressure has been building on Dyche but in one balmy night he's cemented himself into bitter folklore - for now at least. And next season, points deduction to one side, he'll keep them safe - but as always their rush to crown a new messiah will probably backfire. Eventually the results and mid-table safety won't be enough to excuse Dyche's "unEvertonian" style of football and they'll march on his house with the pitchforks out, clammering for his exit. Bill and Mosh will panic, and yet another manager will depart USM Finch Farm with a hefty severance for him and his staff, and another, more progressive manager will come in and start clearing Dyche's bargain basement yard dogs out for peanuts and the cycle will start again.

It was my birthday yesterday too and that result did disappoint, a bit like expecting a boss prezzie and getting a 'it's been ordered but It's on a waitlist'.

It's not over yet though. 

There's still a chance that we could get top 4 and they could still go down.

I'll keep on believing until it's mathematically impossible.

Happy birthday for yesterday mate.

• Upvote 1

On 08/05/2023 at 19:30, Bjornebye said:

Some tits in that grey top there 

51 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The lad in front trying to get a video of those tits. The ones that belong to the girl in the grey top not just the away end in general.

thank-god-thankful.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Belated birthday wishes.

Did you have a cake, if so, what type?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It was my birthday yesterday too and that result did disappoint, a bit like expecting a boss prezzie and getting a 'it's been ordered but It's on a waitlist'.

It's not over yet though. 

There's still a chance that we could get top 4 and they could still go down.

I'll keep on believing until it's mathematically impossible.

Happy birthday for yesterday mate.

Ah, another fellow Taurus the Bullbag. Hope you had an enjoyable day, mate.

• Upvote 1