You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Why is everyone assuming they'll get a points deduction next season and not this?

I'm with you on this, any points deduction has to happen this season or its of no use to the relegated sides who play by the rules.

Personally think it will be issued after the season has ended to prevent crowd trouble at the game. 

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

I'm with you on this, any points deduction has to happen this season or its of no use to the relegated sides who play by the rules.

Personally think it will be issued after the season has ended to prevent crowd trouble at the game. 

There's no way on earth they send Everton down after the season is done and they believe they have survived. I honestly think that would be an appaling way to do it anyway.

• Upvote 1

I still have hope.

This is Everton we're talking about. Not even the most die hard fand would have predicted that yesterday and some of their fans are now thinking job done, after the City game ends in defeat they ONLY need to beat one of Wolves or Bournemouth to stay up. Some were even suggesting a push for top 6 next season for gods sake.

We all know that classic and well known Everton trope is pride before a fall, they can't help themselves. Let's hope there's an unexpected twist to come that isn't them beating City.

• Upvote 2

As I recall, didn’t they say they were working with the Premier League and taking advice regarding their financial situation and transfer dealings? Surely they’ll only get a slap on the wrist regarding their spending and claims of covid losses then?
At most, I can see the PL giving them a “punishment” at a level and at a time when it might have the least effect.

Looking at the remaining games, Leicester will go with Leeds and Southampton. There often seems to be a team that are “too good” to go down and Leicester with Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison and even Vardy still, should have had enough to stay up, but their momentum (and defence) are in a downward momentum and we are probably going to shove them further on Monday night after City have thrashed our lovely neighbours.

46 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

As I recall, didn’t they say they were working with the Premier League and taking advice regarding their financial situation and transfer dealings? Surely they’ll only get a slap on the wrist regarding their spending and claims of covid losses then?
At most, I can see the PL giving them a “punishment” at a level and at a time when it might have the least effect.

Looking at the remaining games, Leicester will go with Leeds and Southampton. There often seems to be a team that are “too good” to go down and Leicester with Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison and even Vardy still, should have had enough to stay up, but their momentum (and defence) are in a downward momentum and we are probably going to shove them further on Monday night after City have thrashed our lovely neighbours.

That happened last season didn't it? Haven't they already had a warning shot across the bow

15 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That happened last season didn't it? Haven't they already had a warning shot across the bow

I think that's exactly the case and is forming part of their defence now. We cheated, but we told you about it. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/everton-engeverton/story/4909340/everton-charged-by-premier-league-for-breaking-financial-fair-play-rules

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I wonder how the high and mighty over at GOT are taking this.

I'm sure those that were accusing us of making it all about us are having a go at themselves for making it all about them. 

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I still have hope.

This is Everton we're talking about. Not even the most die hard fand would have predicted that yesterday and some of their fans are now thinking job done, after the City game ends in defeat they ONLY need to beat one of Wolves or Bournemouth to stay up. Some were even suggesting a push for top 6 next season for gods sake.

We all know that classic and well known Everton trope is pride before a fall, they can't help themselves. Let's hope there's an unexpected twist to come that isn't them beating City.

Something I hadn't picked up on is Dyche has a great record against Brighton at the Amex having never lost there, clearly has their number(even under Potter who plays much more defensively), he took Burnley there last season and won 3-0.

So with in mind that this was probably not as much of a freak result as it looked, my hope/coping mechanism is both their fans and players will take their foot off the gas thinking they've done Brighton 5-1 so it should be easy from here on out.

• Upvote 1