You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. We have lost 2 top class players in Mascherano & Alonso and haven't replaced them.

I think it goes even further than that. Maybe not all top class as such but...

Hyppia, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso, Crouch. To a lesser extent Riise and Finnan. Even Sissoko and Benayoun.

None of them adequately replaced due to a combination of a lack of investment under the previous owners and generally unsuccessful signings when we did splash out.

I think it goes even further than that. Maybe not all top class as such but...

Hyppia, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso, Crouch. To a lesser extent Riise and Finnan. Even Sissoko and Benayoun.

None of them adequately replaced due to a combination of a lack of investment under the previous owners and generally unsuccessful signings when we did splash out.

Yep I would agree. All of those were valuable members of the side/squad and weren't adequately replaced.

StevieH I don't agree about Adam staying there or not - I think we should STOP trying to defer to everyone else - Wait until Blackpool are ready to sell him, or do what Pulis supposedly suggested the other day and ask United (!!!) If we can sign Shawcross and start Forcing the pace a little in the market - Not being assertive or anything LIKE strong enough on our own behalf has been our BIG Problem of recent years - It's almost like we're So successful, we're afraid of upsetting anyway by pushing to get what we want. Why?

It's long past the time that this became a joke and it's now damaging us seriously. We should have LONG since lost that attitude and we now need to do so sharpish in order to became the type of hard-nosed b*stards who FORCE the outcomes they want (in transfers and all else) through and who oddly enough often end up successful on the pitch because of it - Basically we should act the way other 'Big' Clubs - You know? The likes of Arsenal, United, Chelsea, even Barcelona and Real Madrid do - and NOT be satisfied until we get what we want. We are THE most successful club in Britain and should act like it - We should NOT say "please sir" before making so much as a few small moves in the transfer market. The sooner we do? The sooner matters will change for the better On the pitch - Defer to others off the pitch and you will do so on it, lead the way? And THEY will follow you. It's Way past time we led the way once more........................

NB: Navbasi - Re' Xabi Alonso? He wasn't well known to those who didn't watch Spanish Football - Maybe Understated/under appreciated in much the manner Carrick was before joining them down the road then? Either way his success with us made Alonso MUCH more recognisable than he was before and his departure ultimately due to what it did to the team and what THAT did to them in terms of showing fans what they'd done with their 'negative spend' and lack of investment as well as sheer fan Fury at losing such players as him and Masch' one after another? Well, I'd say His departure ultimately brought Tom Hicks & George Gillett's whole foul stinking House of Cards crashing down around their ears. Now however? We need another two such as Alonso and Mascherano once were - Relative unknowns/Undervalued players who have Great latent potential and can fulfil it with us - They ARE out there - We just have to look................

Edited by Redshadow

StevieH I don't agree about Adam staying there or not - I think we should STOP trying to defer to everyone else - Wait until Blackpool are ready to sell him, or do what Pulis supposedly suggested the other day and ask United (!!!) If we can sign Shawcross and start Forcing the pace a little in the market - Not being assertive or anything LIKE strong enough on our own behalf has been our BIG Problem of recent years - It's almost like we're So successful, we're afraid of upsetting anyway by pushing to get what we want. Why?

It's long past the time that this became a joke and it's now damaging us seriously. We should have LONG since lost that attitude and we now need to do so sharpish in order to became the type of hard-nosed b*stards who FORCE the outcomes they want (in transfers and all else) through and who oddly enough often end up successful on the pitch because of it - Basically we should act the way other 'Big' Clubs - You know? The likes of Arsenal, United, Chelsea, even Barcelona and Real Madrid do - and NOT be satisfied until we get what we want.

We are THE most successful club in Britain and should act like it - We should NOT say "please sir" before making so much as a few small moves in the transfer market. The sooner we do? The sooner matters will change for the better On the pitch - Defer to others off the pitch and you will do so on it, lead the way? And THEY will follow you. It's Way past time we led the way once more........................

I agree. I'm not suggesting that we hold fire in making a move for Charlie Adam until the time is right for Blackpool as I would like us to sign him now. I am just saying that if I was his advisor, I would be telling him to stay put until the summer when he can get a big money transfer elsewhere and leave Blackpool on good terms knowing that he has helped to keep the club in the premiership.

I doubt there is anyone we could offer them that they would actually want, and besides, our players are on far too much money for a deal to be agreed with Blackpool. Our fucking reserves probably earn more than their highest earners.

I hope we get Adam though because I think he would prove to be a very shrewd signing.

Guest San Don
Rumour as it, we did put in a 4m offer last night, rejected.

They would accept a bid of about 10 million quid for him although do not feel the need to sell. They consider the bids from villa and Birmingham of 3.5mill derisory.

Guest San Don
because people think blackpool are desperate for cash and some of their bonus payments to players have been questionable, so there is some thought if players pushed the issue, they could probably walk away from their contracts.

anyone who does think blackpool are desparate for cash would be totally wrong. They are one of a few debt free clubs in England. They are extremely well run financially.

Truth be known, they have more money than they know what to do with.

The bit about questionable bonuses is wrong. Adam signed a contract giving him a bonus if they avoided relegation from the Championship. When they got promoted that season to the PL, Adam felt he should have got a bonus for avoiding relegation.

The PL agreed with him but deemed his contract hadnt been breached so he couldnt walk away from blackpool.

To my knowledge no other blackpool player had that condition in their contracts. None of them can walk away unless their contracts end at the end of the season. As far as Im aware, only the keeper gilks, reputed to be on less than 2 grand a week, (currently injured) is in that position but even so is in contract talks with blackpool.

Guest TesticleOReilly
anyone who does think blackpool are desparate for cash would be totally wrong. They are one of a few debt free clubs in England. They are extremely well run financially.

The bit about questionable bonuses is wrong. Adam signed a contract giving him a bonus if they avoided relegation from the Championship. When they got promoted that season to the PL, Adam felt he should have got a bonus for avoiding relegation.

The PL agreed with him but deemed his contract hadnt been breached so he couldnt walk away from blackpool.

To my knowledge no other blackpool player had that condition in their contracts. None of them can walk away unless their contracts end at the end of the season. As far as Im aware, only the keeper gilks, reputed to be on less than 2 grand a week, (currently injured) is in that position but even so is in contract talks with blackpool.

This. Blackpool and Stoke are the 2 most solvent clubs in the Premier League, and before anyone mentions Chelsea and Man City their outgoings far exceed their operating income. Stoke by stability and retaining their PL status (and the small matter of one Hell of a chairman who paid their debts off) and Blackpool by paying no-one more than £15 a week. Think their wage ceiling is 9 or 10 thousand. On the flip side, this is also the problem they have, it's ok being solvent, but if someone offers Charlie Adam £50,000 a week he's going to go, and Blackpool have to accept the most they can get before he disappears for free at the end of his contract.,m

Blackpool may seem well run but it very quickly could bite them in the arse. Karl Oyston is an absolute fucking tosser. He's a miserbale miserly git too. They very quickly need to stop the small club mentality and offer decent contracts to key players, namely Adam, Gilks & Vaughan. While their current wage structure should be applauded, now they have the premiership money & far bigger gate receipts they can afford a reasonable wage increase without it putting the club in any long term financial danger.

This summer & through the course of next season they really need to finish the stadium and build a whole new training ground.

Looks like they are very close to signing Adam Hammill too

Have i missed something on this because as i see this Charlie Adam has a case pending regarding unpaid bonus and should he win that case it would release him from his obligations to Blackpool and make him a free agent ?

I think the big clubs are happy to wait and see on this but the smaller ones are willing to pay a bit more to have a quallity player on there books for way under what they would have to have paid without this case pending and that is why Aston Villa come in with a 3.5m offer for him Blackpool would love nothing more than to cash in on a man who they could lose for nothing to one of the big clubs Holloway did his job last night in promoting the lad is for sale and here is the opening bid lets see who wants him and how much will they pay

I think the lad will go no where until this court case is done with which he seems to think he will win and then he will sign a bosman for one of the big sides and Blackpool will get the compo payment nothing more

I could be wrong like but that is how i see it

You clearly know more about this than I do - last a read was a few weeks back when it said the entire squad was challenging the bonus payments through the courts if they needed to - there's not just what you have said, there's also been them paying less than was supposedly due.

Guest San Don
Have i missed something on this because as i see this Charlie Adam has a case pending regarding unpaid bonus and should he win that case it would release him from his obligations to Blackpool and make him a free agent ?

I think the big clubs are happy to wait and see on this but the smaller ones are willing to pay a bit more to have a quallity player on there books for way under what they would have to have paid without this case pending and that is why Aston Villa come in with a 3.5m offer for him Blackpool would love nothing more than to cash in on a man who they could lose for nothing to one of the big clubs Holloway did his job last night in promoting the lad is for sale and here is the opening bid lets see who wants him and how much will they pay

I think the lad will go no where until this court case is done with which he seems to think he will win and then he will sign a bosman for one of the big sides and Blackpool will get the compo payment nothing more

I could be wrong like but that is how i see it

Sorry mate but that's wrong. See my post about the relegation bonus. The PL found in his favour but deemed his contract was not breeched. Therefore, he cannot just walk away. This was settled about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The case is finished.

Guest San Don
You clearly know more about this than I do - last a read was a few weeks back when it said the entire squad was challenging the bonus payments through the courts if they needed to - there's not just what you have said, there's also been them paying less than was supposedly due.

Not to my knowledge.

BFC didnt pay the players a bonus for winning the play off until they got the first tranche of TV money. Then all the players were paid.

As far as Im aware, no other player had the clause adam's had regarding a bonus if they avoided relegation. The PL recently found in his favour but decided his contract was not breeched.

Therefore his contract was not null and void and he cannot do a bosman until 18 months when his contract runs out

Im not aware of any other BFC players who have cases before the PL.

The goalkeeper Gilks is rumoured to be on less than 2 grand a week. Although he's injured he is still in contract negotiations with the club. I suspect they will make him an offer to keep him unless a big club comes in for him. Same with adam. They dont need to sell and wont sell for much under 10 mill.

I've heard nothing to suggest BFC havent paid players what they are due except for the low wages!