You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

This is an open and shut case for me and for RBS too, I've seen and been involved in many o and s cases and many times the judge will brick it or screw it up, mostly they brick it, you can call it due process or whatever you want but it's a waste of time, make your judgement mr judge, it's why you are paid, if they don't like it they can appeal or is that too much to ask? Seems it is.

I dont think Grabiner landed a punch all afternoon.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.27pm: RBS QC: "RBS is a lender that deserves to be repaid £200m on Friday. It is wrong of Hicks and Gillett to try and delay that process."

4.25pm: QC for RBS says bank has been willing to wave "tens of millions of pounds in fees" to see a sale go through. Also dismisses G&H claim that there is no actual 15 October deadline with the Bank as part of their "game".

Finally, someone starts getting near the fucking POINT!!

Sack Grabiner

Appoint Kenny...

4.27pm: RBS QC: "RBS is a lender that deserves to be repaid £200m on Friday. It is wrong of Hicks and Gillett to try and delay that process."

4.25pm: QC for RBS says bank has been willing to wave "tens of millions of pounds in fees" to see a sale go through. Also dismisses G&H claim that there is no actual 15 October deadline with the Bank as part of their "game".

either the judge likes the limelight,or he has been swayed by h&g's lies....in anyway i dont think i could take another week of todays!

It's not in RBS' interests to put us in to administration. Under the terms of the NESV deal, they will receive all of their money back. All administration will do is weaken their hand and strengthen that of any potential bidder. It will leave them with a likelihood that they will not receive their full debt. They'll most probably extend it until we hopefuly reach the positive conclusion which the club and RBS want. Only if the judge turns out to be the mong of the century and rules in favour of Hicks and Gillett may we then see the administration card dealt.

However a delay could allow him time to come up with the money to pay the debt off and id prefer administration to having him keep control of the club, its a real concern

according to reuters

If the Oct. 15 deadline for a refinancing of Liverpool's debt is missed, lawyers believe RBS could take control of the club and conduct the sale itself.

That could result in the holding company of the five-times European champions briefly being put into administration, which would result in the points deduction under Premier League rules.

No figures, no facts. Slippery liars?

Its an opinion i agree with, but its an opinion.

I very much doubt he would have offered that opinion without substantiating it first. In which case, the "facts" would have been presented at the hearing before he offered that opinion.

if hicks had ONE bit of fucking decency in his poxy body,he would just let the sale go ahead..he is going to make zilch regardless....if he did that i wouldnt fucking hate him (nearly) as much as i do now.

I should neg you for putting Hicks and Decency in the same sentence but as were all friends today you are forgiven