You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charles N'Zogbia

niall

• 6 months later...
I think were waiting on Young

He is manc bound Nick, unless someone knows something that I do not. All the noises are that is his preferred choice, perhaps if they knock him back we might be in with a chance.

My money is on him going to them.

Can I just ask Nick, is this something you have heard, read or assumed??

Just an assumption that he was one of our major targets and it makes sense to get a decision on him first before pursuing other targets.

I reckon by this time next week we will know a lot more.

He is manc bound Nick, unless someone knows something that I do not. All the noises are that is his preferred choice, perhaps if they knock him back we might be in with a chance.

I don't think it's as nailed on that people think that Young's going to United,

especially with Nani and Valencia being there

A lot can happen when your in Ibiza

I think he is too and you would think that after scoring a goal for England that the Slur wont take a no for answer.

That was why I thought we had a chance but apparently the crying one is off to possibly Italy, then that makes room.

Berbatov meant to be off as well but apparently he wants to fight for his place and wants to stay, that would do.

Unless of course one of them is leaving.

I cant see it that happening meself but maybe he wants one of the three to be a back up.

Young is apparently United's 'backup' option. Wonder if he knows this?

United will spend big this summer, as usual helped by somehow getting over inflated fees for their players. Step up Steve Bruce.

United will spend big this summer, as usual helped by somehow getting over inflated fees for their players. Step up Steve Bruce.

One of the reasons why I think we make a better package:

e.g. Younger Squad, Playing good football, Building the foundations for Champions League, First team place.

Interesting that, wonder who is first but that would do. I would take Young in a heartbeat and he would improve us big time.

Just got that gut feeling he is going there, probably my inbuilt mechanism of not being let down.

That was why I thought we had a chance but apparently the crying one is off to possibly Italy, then that makes room.

Berbatov meant to be off as well but apparently he wants to fight for his place and wants to stay, that would do.

Rooney aside,

whose United's most saleable assets?

Berbatov and Nani,

I sense a "Alonso" situation looming at the Mancs,

I don't think United are going to spend as much as people think they are,

resigning Owen on a free wouldn't tell me that plenty of funds where available if I was United fan

Rooney aside,

whose United's most saleable assets?

Berbatov and Nani,

I sense a "Alonso" situation looming at the Mancs,

I don't think United are going to spend as much as people think they are,

resigning Owen on a free wouldn't tell me that plenty of funds where available if I was United fan

Totally agree with that! Utd's financial situation in their last report was dire and it won't be much better, if at all (they don't have much in the way of transfer income this year). If the Peanut hadn't had such a crap game against Barca, I could have seen Owen leaving, but he's been saved because the funds aren't there for a striker and replacements are needed in their midfield. Young could still be an option for L4.