You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Share issue

WaltonRed

Rumoured in the people on Sunday in the Klinsmann story (i know its a shite rag) on sunday that the two crooks are considering a share issue to raise £100m.

Wondering if anyone had heard anything? Coop?

That's been rumoured in a few places over the last couple of months. I'll believe it when I see it. I think it would take a special kind of idiot to pump in £100m with the yanks still in control.

Jurgen Klinsmann will tell Liverpool's American co-owners: I wouldn't turn you down again.

The ex-Germany striker rejected the chance to replace Rafa Benitez at Anfield two years ago after holding secret talks with Tom Hicks and George Gillett, preferring instead to take over at Bayern Munich.

But he is back in the job market after being sacked in the summer and desperately wants to take over on Merseyside when Benitez's reign ends.

Klinsmann, 44, is no longer the first choice of Hicks and Gillett as the Spaniard's replacement.

That man is Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, as People Sport revealed last month.

But the former Tottenham star would jump at the chance to take over if O'Neill rejected any approach from the Americans.

With Benitez's future on a knife-edge, that opportunity could come sooner rather than later.

The pressure is mounting on Benitez, whose side are out of the Champions League and whose hopes of winning the Premier League are effectively over.

Today Liverpool face city rivals Everton and another defeat could well prove disastrous for the manager.

The cost of sacking Benitez and his backroom staff - around £15million - is one obstacle for the cash-strapped owners.

But plans are afoot for a financial injection in January.

One option available is a shares-selling exercise which could raise about £100m

That's been rumoured in a few places over the last couple of months. I'll believe it when I see it. I think it would take a special kind of idiot to pump in £100m with the yanks still in control.

Yep saw that. cant begin to wonder at wholl be tempted to through 100 million quid at them. maybes they think the fans will buy the shares.

he supposedly said he wouldnt turn us down if asked again

something like that

klinsmann really is a clown isnt he. i wont turn you down again. sounds like the jilted girlfriend who thinks she may get a second chance. not.

Course he wouldn't, he's on the fucking dole isn't he?

whs.

I guess the possible outcome of an issuing of new shares depends on how it is put together.

They could try to raise part of the 100m by getting small investors (ie fans) involved by setting the entry bar low. There would probably need to be some larger investors as well to get to the 100m, though.

But it could be one way for the yanks of getting cash in and still stay in control.

Loads of companies are raising money in the market at the moment, so I'm not sure it is as far fetched as it might sound.

Oh, and Klinsmann can fuck off.

This share issue idea then. Lets say soemone takes the bait and forks out £100 for 30%. Does all that £100m go straight to paying off the clubs debt or do the two cunts get their grubby little mitts on any of it?

as they are sole owners they can do what they want. trouser it all use some to pay off debt give some to rafa heaven forbid etc etc etc. doubt very much the banks will have first charge on any of the club income too.

Jurgen Klinsmann will tell Liverpool's American co-owners: I wouldn't turn you down again.

The ex-Germany striker rejected the chance to replace Rafa Benitez at Anfield two years ago after holding secret talks with Tom Hicks and George Gillett, preferring instead to take over at Bayern Munich.

But he is back in the job market after being sacked in the summer and desperately wants to take over on Merseyside when Benitez's reign ends.

Klinsmann, 44, is no longer the first choice of Hicks and Gillett as the Spaniard's replacement.

That man is Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, as People Sport revealed last month.

But the former Tottenham star would jump at the chance to take over if O'Neill rejected any approach from the Americans.

With Benitez's future on a knife-edge, that opportunity could come sooner rather than later.

The pressure is mounting on Benitez, whose side are out of the Champions League and whose hopes of winning the Premier League are effectively over.

Today Liverpool face city rivals Everton and another defeat could well prove disastrous for the manager.

The cost of sacking Benitez and his backroom staff - around £15million - is one obstacle for the cash-strapped owners.

But plans are afoot for a financial injection in January.

One option available is a shares-selling exercise which could raise about £100m

It reads like he's a manc or something to be honest. The Martin O' Neill bit is just ridiculous.

If a share issue was released, are there any rules to say how much those shares are worth? I mean could they say we value the club at £1b so £100m is worth 10%?

From any of the reports I've seen on a share issue the general consensus ahs been £100m for 30%. Obviously that could be complete bollocks for all we know.

I've just noticed the realtive weak Dollar against the Pound & Euro. Given those two are probably too thick to be able to convert from Dollars, now might be the time for someone to make an offer.

DP - I thought the reason for the share issue was to reduce the debt and hopefully provide further investment later. I can't see them pocketing that money (even if as you say they are within their rights too) Knowing the snidy fuckers though they'd probably take a bit of it for themselves.

If a share issue was released, are there any rules to say how much those shares are worth? I mean could they say we value the club at £1b so £100m is worth 10%?

they can put any price on the shares as they want. if they put some silly figure on them though no one would buy the shares so theyd look very foolish. directors tend to value shares in line with the companys value but they could offer them for sale at a quid each or 1 million each.