You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you support the idea of a mosaic in honour of Sami, against Spurs?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea of a mosaic in honour of Sami, against Spurs?

• Yes
    • No

I know there is another thread on Sami's departure, but I felt this subject was a little different.

In the past few years we have seen plenty of Kop mosaics. Some deserved and worthy, such as GH's tribute when he was recovering from life saving surgery, Hillsborough tributes, and Ray Kennedy's tribute recently. We have also seen some quite laughable causes, most notably the "Thanks David Moores" one a few years back (which was an absolutely astonishingly bad idea in hindsight).

I think with today's news of Sami's departure, what better way for us fans to thank the man than with a mosaic. I do not like the way the Kop has been used as a type of advertising board in recent years for subjects not widely agreed with and accepted by the wider majority of supporters. But this is a subject that everyone will be united on. The man is a legend, an absolute legend who will be remembered for ever more in our history. The word "legend" is used a lot these days, often inappropriately. But there is no more fitting description of Sami Hyypia.

Would you support the idea of a mosaic for Sami against Spurs? Maybe the people who organise these types of things may take note if the response is good.

Voted No

since Moores got one it has somewhat belittled the gesture. Plus too many mosiac's dilutes their meaning.

I think just a massive ovation for as long as possible aginst spurs with maybe somekind of appreciation ceremony for his services done after the game or at half time