You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our own player

Marvellous

Anyone would think we were talking about Gary Neville

Through the wind and rain, eh boys?

If they guy actually looked like he cared a little bit and had a stomach for a fight then I don't think he'd get half the abuse he gets.. However, when you're earning £50k+ a week and moaning about not being allowed to wear Blue boots and rapping about how much money you make from football and can't spend it quick enough entitles people to call him a cunt.

All of the nonsense that is Ryan Babel would be forgiven if he played liked we all hoped he would/could. The simple facts are that he can't be arsed. He'll have a nice peaceful life in Ajax from January onwards and will probably stay there as I can't see any other big club coming in for him, I would be amazed if he "makes it" anywhere.

"Through the wind and rain, eh boys?" - Works both ways mate.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
If they guy actually looked like he cared a little bit and had a stomach for a fight then I don't think he'd get half the abuse he gets.. However, when you're earning £50k+ a week and moaning about not being allowed to wear Blue boots and rapping about how much money you make from football and can't spend it quick enough entitles people to call him a cunt.

All of the nonsense that is Ryan Babel would be forgiven if he played liked we all hoped he would/could. The simple facts are that he can't be arsed. He'll have a nice peaceful life in Ajax from January onwards and will probably stay there as I can't see any other big club coming in for him, I would be amazed if he "makes it" anywhere.

"Through the wind and rain, eh boys?" - Works both ways mate.

Fair enough, just don't see the point in resorting to behaviour more befitting of our neighbours over the park

“In 2½ years with Liverpool I have never started three matches in a row.”

Between Feb 10 and Apr 2,2008 he started in 11 out of 12 matches

in fairness to him,i think he means played 3 full 90 minutes matches.he was constantly replaced in most of those games by pennant/yossi because of rafa's 'he's not fit enough claims'.

the same way he also started dragging keane and yossi off constantly.

i think the lad has actually showed great restraint.......keane got pissed off at getting subbed after about 3 matches! haha

who really knows if it would of made any difference? i just think he's been treated unfairly and we'll never really know just how good he could of been for us.

If I skip the facts about how Babel acts, I would rather see him on the bench than any of our other backup players. I dont think the likes of Voronin, Spearing, and Plessis will come on and change a game, ever....We need some new players in the next transfer window, thats for sure. And I cant wait to see Aquilani fully fit.

Maybe its time for Babel to leave, but I blame Rafa that he is not the player we all expected him to be when we saw his raw talent. Wonder what Wenger could do with the kid...

The fact he hasnt started 3 games in a row in two and half years says a hell of a lot for me.

He's never been given a chance to have a run, mistakes or not.

That said, he should just shut the fuck up and fuck clean off asap.

He's a lying twat.

He started 6 games in a row in 2008.

10/02/08 Chelsea

16/02/08 Barnsley

19/02/08 Inter

23/02/08 Boro

02/03/08 Bolton

05/03/08 West Ham

then he was on the bench for one game before starting the next 5 games in a row after that

11/03/08 Inter

15/03/08 Reading

23/03/08 Man Utd

30/03/08 Everton

02/04/08 Arsenal

He was also wrong to say the manager wouldn't let him go. In the early summer of 2009 Rafa said he could go if he could find a team. No team offered to pay a fee. Towards the end of the summer they talked again. He said he wanted to stay - which was not a big decision given he had no options. Rafa said he could stay and fight for a place. By then Rafa knew his squad was going to be thinner than he had anticipated at the beginning of the summer.

He Can fuck off with Agger

Take a fucking break you inbred moron......

I can see having a go at Babel, but what the hell has Agger done to you lad?

All your posts are just a load of moaning and complaining, your like that bitch we have all dated and had to get rid of because she drove us all crazy with her whining......

Only reached page 5 by now, but this was the most interesting bit as fa as I`m concerned.

Babel explained: 'I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn't of any use. I couldn't really do anything with the feedback Benitez gave me.

Why is that?

Only reached page 5 by now, but this was the most interesting bit as fa as I`m concerned.

Babel explained: 'I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn't of any use. I couldn't really do anything with the feedback Benitez gave me.[/quoteIT]

Why is that?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing a lack of basic intelligence might have something to do with it. You can for example compare with a world class player like Torres and see how glowingly he has constantly spoken about Rafa's feedback on areas of improvement to make him a better player.

Agree it's an interesting quote, but obviously more damning of Babel himself than Benitez.

Being linked with a loan move to Bayern Munich. I'd be amazed if we got anywhere near £9m for him. How long has he got left on his contract ?

BABEL HEADS FOR EXIT TO BAYERN

Loan deal on cards for unsettled winger

By Greg Gobere, 28/11/2009

LIVERPOOL are ready to offload motormouth Ryan Babel to Bayern Munich.

Boss Rafa Benitez lost patience after the Holland star complained about his lack of starts for the club in midweek.

He will be loaned to Louis van Gaal's side with a view to a £9million move in the summer.

A source said: "Rafa has totally blanked Babel since his outburst. He understands some of his concerns but has made it clear to the player more than once he will only play who he believes to be his strongest XI and won't budge.

"Rafa cannot give Babel the assurances he needs with the World Cup coming up so he will let him go if he's not happy.

"The manager's only concern with this is that he won't be getting any money to improve the squad from the move."

Former Ajax star Babel has only made 24 Premier League starts since arriving at Anfield for £11.5m in the summer of 2007.

Holland boss Bert van Marwijk has told Babel he will only go to the World Cup if he plays regularly.

But Babel's representatives are already working to secure a perfect escape route.

Van Gaal has known Babel since he was a child and is confident the 22-year-old can make his mark at Bayern and the club have no problem taking on his £40,000-per-week wages.

The Dutch coach's ongoing feud with Italian striker Luca Toni is also likely to give Babel an opportunity to play up front with either Mario Gomez or Miroslav Klose.

BABEL HEADS FOR EXIT TO BAYERN | News Of The World