You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Photographers make your interest known

Nick Leeson

And now the proper stuff. Some real cars on the Pirelli Historic Rally.

pirelli01.JPG

pirelli02.JPG

pirelli03.JPG

Final one is a Lancia Stratos during testing. For those who might not know what one is they are an absolute beast of a car (well it is when it is working properly) Ferrari powered and ridiculously quick but very hard cars to drive.

stratos.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have not bought a camera yet,so im open to suggestion on whats best.

I dont want to spend a fortune in case i dont enjoy it too much but also i dont want to be looking for a new camera three months down the line.

Ill be shooting buildings,scenery etc around London mostly.

When i ment tips just what to avoid Camera wise or carp they will try to flog you when you go in too buy.

Fair enough, but you still need to give an idea of your available budget. What kind of format are you looking for? Do you want a shirt pocket style of compact, or a larger 'all in one compact' style, or an SLR system which you can expand with lenses as you knowledge grows?

Some of my older shot's on Flickr for your perusal -

Shirley Heights, Antigua -

3950010699_f39ac6df7b_z.jpg

Blea Tarn, Langdale, Lake District -

3965651760_c592d96095_z.jpg

Buttermere from Fleethwith Edge, Lake District -

3965651768_8060bc6bc5_z.jpg?zz=1

Les Dru, Chamonix, French Alps -

3965651774_0b28b15e4a_z.jpg

Sunrise from Bridlington North Bay -

3964936801_25e865a6a1_z.jpg

Les Grandes Jorasses, Chamonix, French Alps -

4175790953_5e7835939c_z.jpg

Mont Blanc from the Chamonix valley -

4176568780_0180a9c720_z.jpg

Some benches on the clifftop down the road -

5577630031_2e60cb6979_z.jpg

The arrival jetty from our honeymoon -

5594390663_5a633f4ee7_z.jpg

And I've already posted this badboy on the Cat Pics thread, but if you're not a cat person you may have missed it so I'll post it again to spread just how ridiculously awesome my cat is -

5710318924_f8814e86dd_z.jpg

Pardon me for agreeing with your admission, but "I don't really want to go over £200" and "I don't want a little pocket camera either" make "I don't have a clue" the understatement of the year. :P

Here's a site that sell only on eBay, but their prices are the best I've found around. The cameras page will give you an idea of the price ranges, but the second link is for a manufacturer refurbished camera, and will show that it's £100 cheaper than the full priced item. It's not that much over £200, and for the quality advantages and options it gives you for further expansion, it's a no-brainer.

DigiGood items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

CANON EOS REBEL XS EOS 1000D DIGITAL SLR CAMERA KIT+4GB | eBay

The wideangle zoom on this, while not a great range, will be suitable for your intended subjects of architecture and landscapes.

The quality is in the lenses you shoot with. So if you want to upgrade the lens and like it, you can keep it when/if you further upgrade your camera.

Edit: Fantastic pics, Chris and Acid. Though some are a little overexposed, Acid, they can be worked on.

Much apprieciated,ill do some proper research over the next few days and mostly likely work a couple of days overtime and get another £150/200 and ill ask again when i now what im talking about and have a few cameras im looking at.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool pictures those, considering they're of cats.

Some from our recent jaunt to Cornwall:

6181844842_5e5109c3ac_b.jpg

6181853226_8bbf8a501a_b.jpg

6181930294_85bee436ab_b.jpg

6182306376_b2f179c844_b.jpg

6182338988_0d0af4fc5b_b.jpg

6181924247_e423766d06_b.jpg

6182490222_1805b353de_b.jpg

6181242397_430931b5bb_b.jpg

The last 8 or so pages on my Flickr are my latest batch, will post a couple of others up later. Anyone else on Flickr? The TLW group died but I really want to make more use of it, so [gayness] add me if you are. [/gayness]

Went out this morning with my camera for the first time in ages. Took it out the bag. Put it around my neck. Walking along, I took the lens cap off, and I shit you not I nearly burst into tears as loads of tiny little shards of glass and powdered grit fell to the path and onto my feet. I felt fucking sick, and couldn't bring myself to lift the lens up towards me to inspect it. To compound matters it was my 18-70mm, my walkabout lens, the one that is virtually always attached. Finally I managed to peer at the front of the lens, and thankfully the lens itself was untouched, but somehow the screw-in UV filter had smashed. I have no idea how it happened.

I've read people before saying filters are a waste of time, and they don't do anything, but by fuck I'd never not have one attached.

So if you haven't got one, GET ONE!

Anyway, this morning was a complete waste of time, I'd left it too late and the sun was too high - I only managed to get one semi-decent shot and that is ultimately forgettable.

sewerbypark.jpg

GET A UV FILTER!

Canon_PowerShot_SX230_HS.jpg

Seeing as this is NOT the GF where references to football are frowned upon and indeed negworthy, please allow me to introduce to you my new friend, 'Shanks', my first ever pocket camera in over 20 years of photography!

I call it Shanks, because it was bought yesterday, and will serve as a permanent reminder to me of the great man. Small and powerful, I hope to have it with me everywhere I go, and hopefully it provides as much joy and as many memorable images as its inspirational namesake on whose anniversary it was bought.

With that in mind, I hope to be a more regular contributor here in the future. So many times in the past I've regretted not having a camera I could slip out of my pocket and record a funny moment, a wonder of nature, or any number of lost opportunities of one sort or another.

I haven't been this enthusiastic about buying a new camera in years. Since I got my first digital camera, in fact. I'm really looking forward to the concept of opportunist, candid and free and easy photography of all styles and genres - landscapes, architecture, nature, humour and whatever else I happen to see.

Looking forward to the journey.

• 1 month later...

Just bought my first serious digital camera yesterday - a very handsome Canon 7D with a versatile 18-135 lens. Not cheap, but I can basically charge it to the college.

7dc18-135.gif

I used to be really keen on B&W photography - had a dark room for years at school, but finding places to develop the film was becoming tiresome. I simply stopped using my old Minolta SLR.

I'll be back on here regularly now for advice and tips - digital photography looks to be quite intense compared to the good old days.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

tumblr_lrdufppkIj1qznavao1_500.jpg

edit: expect a lot of high quality cat pics soon.