You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Photographers make your interest known

Nick Leeson

As this seems to be the only thread relating to this kind of stuff and some of you seem to know your stuff I thought this might be the place to ask.

I've got an old Kodak digital which I have a problem with, it's not a high end camera but I just use it as a point and click camera for taking photo's of stuff I am selling and basic stuff like that so it doesn't need to be anything flash. It's an Easyshare DX6490 if that is relevant.

Anyhoo I'm getting an issue that all the pictures I take seem to have a slight yellow tinge to them. Anybody have an idea what would cause this and how I would go about putting it right. I'm assuming it wouldn't be cost effective to get it repaired professionally? given that for point and click stuff you can pick a camera up fairly cheap these days but it's a decent little camera and I would rather use the Kodak for day to day use as it's fairly decent and if it can be sorted cheaply/easily it's better to use than the Fuji Finepix I have. (Again I know the Finepix ain't high end but it's a close to a proper SLR as I am ever likely to get).

Any help greatly appreciated and will receive rep etc.

Also, the Humber Bridge pic is ace. I like that kind of stuff, top work!

I know it sounds stupid but are you sure its the camera and not your monitor that has calibration error.

Is it possible you can run the calibration program again or possibly try the camera in another PC/Laptop.

Have you got different light settings on the camera? On a lot of compacts you can choose between indoor, fluorescent, sunny, etc. As these give you different colours of light you'll note a difference if it's changed from the auto setting. It could also be the white balance if you have a setting for that.

Thinking a break from photography would be good I sold all my gear last year.

Within a month I regretted it.

As I have no ties to a particular company anymore its a frsh start so...

Any one with experience of the Nikon D7000, Pentax K5 or Canon 60D?

I only ever used Canon previously but things have moved on since my old 20D.

Been researching and leaning towards the D7000 and 16-85 or even an 18-200mm lens as a general all in one.

Having said that the Pentax looks great but with less lens support and I would probably be instantly familiar with the 60D.

Any comments welcome.

Had a very wet weekend in the lakes, took two photographs before the heavens opened but managed to grab this -

5706130137_715d785efa_z.jpg

Usually I very slightly boost the saturation on my images but on this one I de-saturated and am quite pleased with the effect.

I'm enjoying snapping people when they're not expecting it at the moment.

Got this shot of a friends baby last weekend. I think it's lovely. It's not the best picture I've taken so far, i know it isn't framed very well etc, but it's probably my favourite.

230253_10150171716146430_537396429_7282018_1616042_n.jpg

Also got this one of a different wee lad, which I really like.

215297_10150165153316430_537396429_7214570_7927091_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought a D3100 and 8 - 55 mm VR lens. Looking at bags for it now. What do you guys recommend? Lowe Pro or caselogic still the ones to go with or something totally different?

Lowepro Altus 120 Shoulder Bag for DSLR Kit - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Will work perfectly mate, I've got one for my 550d and so have a few of my friends for their DSLR's. A little smaller than others buy it will be able to fit perfectly with space for another lens or battery in a seperate pocket. And it's got a bargain price too, could cost up to £25 in shops!

Isn't that a bit small? Looks like you have to take off the lens to put the camera in, that would get old fast. I have a D3100 with a 35mm and (soon to have) a 18-200mm.

It fits the 18-55mm fine, but I would be hazardous with the 200mm one. Best get the next size up if you're looking to carry round larger or more than two lenses.