You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Got it in one! Do you do the same thing then?
Yeah, Latitude was my 7th festival volunteering with Workers beer, what's your organisation? Mine is The Gorilla orginsation. Would be good to get a couple forumites volunteering as well, maybe we could get our own TLW volunteer squad!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Latitude was my 7th festival volunteering with Workers beer, what's your organisation? Mine is The Gorilla orginsation. Would be good to get a couple forumites volunteering as well, maybe we could get our own TLW volunteer squad!

Can't remember off the top of my head; it was all organised through a friend really (who funnily enough happens to be a lurker on here). I think this is the last possible year for me with this particular organisation though so I'd be well up for anything like that.

Doing what? Is it for Worker's beer by any chance?

No idea who Scale are I'm afraid though germany is a great country and the festivals seem pretty good, would it be a festival?

Nah, it's just a concert.

Scala and Kolacny brothers are an all female Belgian choir.

• 3 weeks later...
Gutted I'm not at Leeds this weekend, got a stupid wedding to go to, now I gotta polish shoes and find a nice card and do something about my dreads

Isn't it your best mate or brother or something, the one you were supposed to get rid of the dreds for?

i'm also taking your advice and volunteering for a few next year too.

Isn't it your best mate or brother or something, the one you were supposed to get rid of the dreds for?

i'm also taking your advice and volunteering for a few next year too.

Well remembered though that one is next week, need to find a dreadresser in MK to tidy them up ASAP though.

You won't regret the volunteering, but will you be able to get rid of the kids? Surely they can survive in the cellar for 4-5 days on the Ugandan annual pop tart consumption, Xbox and 53 litres of Tango?

Well remembered though that one is next week, need to find a dreadresser in MK to tidy them up ASAP though.

You won't regret the volunteering, but will you be able to get rid of the kids? Surely they can survive in the cellar for 4-5 days on the Ugandan annual pop tart consumption, Xbox and 53 litres of Tango?

I've cleared it with my mum and brother for two festivals on the proviso i do the car drive for a family trip to france next year. The older 3 are capable and just need my mum to kick arse when they fight over some boy pop band, the youngest will be at my brothers so you're probably spot on with the Xbox and Tango line!

Green Man is an excellent festival by the way. I didn't see a copper or one bit of trouble all weekend. Their is always something going on and the atmosphere is mega friendly. It is a bit middle class, but you can't win 'em all!

I went for the first time last weekend and loved it. The type of music isn't going to attract as knobby a crowd as some others, the average age must certainly be higher than most, but it was excellent. As you say, no trouble all weekend and people were actually treated like adults by the staff. No bag checks every five minutes, they didn't seem arsed about you taking your own alcohol into the arena bit etc.

Some great acts and performances, lovely place, good weather. Would definitely go again next year. It's like what Latitude claims to be like.

Gutted I'm not at Leeds this weekend, got a stupid wedding to go to, now I gotta polish shoes and find a nice card and do something about my dreads

I should be at Leeds too, but had to sell my ticket due to illness. The line up is gash, but I'm still gutted as it's always a good laugh.

Your not missing much.

Pissed it down all day Friday & the Main Stage was plagued by sound problems from what I heard. We left about 7pm & came home.

Yesterday was better, just a few showers. Spent most of the day at Main Stage.

Looks brighter today, just about to get ready & head back.

I went for the first time last weekend and loved it. The type of music isn't going to attract as knobby a crowd as some others, the average age must certainly be higher than most, but it was excellent. As you say, no trouble all weekend and people were actually treated like adults by the staff. No bag checks every five minutes, they didn't seem arsed about you taking your own alcohol into the arena bit etc.

Some great acts and performances, lovely place, good weather. Would definitely go again next year. It's like what Latitude claims to be like.

As someone who has been 3 times your description is exactly what Latitude is like. Well ok apart from the bag checks