You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted I'm not at Leeds this weekend, got a stupid wedding to go to, now I gotta polish shoes and find a nice card and do something about my dreads

Isn't it your best mate or brother or something, the one you were supposed to get rid of the dreds for?

i'm also taking your advice and volunteering for a few next year too.

Isn't it your best mate or brother or something, the one you were supposed to get rid of the dreds for?

i'm also taking your advice and volunteering for a few next year too.

Well remembered though that one is next week, need to find a dreadresser in MK to tidy them up ASAP though.

You won't regret the volunteering, but will you be able to get rid of the kids? Surely they can survive in the cellar for 4-5 days on the Ugandan annual pop tart consumption, Xbox and 53 litres of Tango?

Well remembered though that one is next week, need to find a dreadresser in MK to tidy them up ASAP though.

You won't regret the volunteering, but will you be able to get rid of the kids? Surely they can survive in the cellar for 4-5 days on the Ugandan annual pop tart consumption, Xbox and 53 litres of Tango?

I've cleared it with my mum and brother for two festivals on the proviso i do the car drive for a family trip to france next year. The older 3 are capable and just need my mum to kick arse when they fight over some boy pop band, the youngest will be at my brothers so you're probably spot on with the Xbox and Tango line!

Green Man is an excellent festival by the way. I didn't see a copper or one bit of trouble all weekend. Their is always something going on and the atmosphere is mega friendly. It is a bit middle class, but you can't win 'em all!

I went for the first time last weekend and loved it. The type of music isn't going to attract as knobby a crowd as some others, the average age must certainly be higher than most, but it was excellent. As you say, no trouble all weekend and people were actually treated like adults by the staff. No bag checks every five minutes, they didn't seem arsed about you taking your own alcohol into the arena bit etc.

Some great acts and performances, lovely place, good weather. Would definitely go again next year. It's like what Latitude claims to be like.

Gutted I'm not at Leeds this weekend, got a stupid wedding to go to, now I gotta polish shoes and find a nice card and do something about my dreads

I should be at Leeds too, but had to sell my ticket due to illness. The line up is gash, but I'm still gutted as it's always a good laugh.

Your not missing much.

Pissed it down all day Friday & the Main Stage was plagued by sound problems from what I heard. We left about 7pm & came home.

Yesterday was better, just a few showers. Spent most of the day at Main Stage.

Looks brighter today, just about to get ready & head back.

I went for the first time last weekend and loved it. The type of music isn't going to attract as knobby a crowd as some others, the average age must certainly be higher than most, but it was excellent. As you say, no trouble all weekend and people were actually treated like adults by the staff. No bag checks every five minutes, they didn't seem arsed about you taking your own alcohol into the arena bit etc.

Some great acts and performances, lovely place, good weather. Would definitely go again next year. It's like what Latitude claims to be like.

As someone who has been 3 times your description is exactly what Latitude is like. Well ok apart from the bag checks

As someone who has been 3 times your description is exactly what Latitude is like. Well ok apart from the bag checks

Don't get me wrong, I like Latitude a lot. I've been a couple of times but I was a bit disappointed last year with the 5,000-10,000 increase in tickets but no real increase in space. It became pretty much impossible to get to see anything worthwhile in the Comedy or Film tents without having to be in there an hour before it started. The trouble is, the ace that Latitude holds over Green Man is the strength of the music-alternative stages, and I suppose this is funded by the extra people. I still found it a shame, though. And that's without the incidents which led to the police presence for the whole weekend last year.

I also didn't think Green Man was quite as gougey on the food and drink prices. I feel like Latitude sold its soul a little after the first few years, but perhaps that's a harsh assumption based on just last year.

Don't get me wrong, I like Latitude a lot. I've been a couple of times but I was a bit disappointed last year with the 5,000-10,000 increase in tickets but no real increase in space. It became pretty much impossible to get to see anything worthwhile in the Comedy or Film tents without having to be in there an hour before it started. The trouble is, the ace that Latitude holds over Green Man is the strength of the music-alternative stages, and I suppose this is funded by the extra people. I still found it a shame, though. And that's without the incidents which led to the police presence for the whole weekend last year.

I feel like Latitude sold its soul a little after the first few years, but perhaps that's a harsh assumption based on just last year.

Bestie suffered the same issue this year, massive increase in numbers with little to no extra space, getting into the big top/castle field an hour or so before the set starts just to get a speck. I sat mone and the kids arses at the same bit of the field as i did last year and found myself needing to move as the night wore on as i seemed to be in the middle of the pit, i couldn't pitch my tent in the closer fields as they'd been changed to 'boutique or plus' fields. Just generally pissed me off a bit. Giving it another go with the kids next year but if it's the same i'll be swerving it in the future.

Not long back from Leeds. Muse were really, really good, but were eclipsed by Pulp. Much better than I was expecting. Had to take the tent down at half one this morning as we had a big one and was attracting unwanted attention. This led to the lads in our group sitting outside in the freezing cold until 7am while the girls used the little tent we took.

Edit: Also White Lies on Saturday were superb. Went to see Jonah and the Whale beforehand and they came on to some sax-led instumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody, the whole tent was bouncing.

Not long back from Leeds. Muse were really, really good, but were eclipsed by Pulp. Much better than I was expecting. Had to take the tent down at half one this morning as we had a big one and was attracting unwanted attention. This led to the lads in our group sitting outside in the freezing cold until 7am while the girls used the little tent we took.

Edit: Also White Lies on Saturday were superb. Went to see Jonah and the Whale beforehand and they came on to some sax-led instumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody, the whole tent was bouncing.

Bears? Teens with wrenchs? Large Tent spotters? I'm intrigued.

Got back from Leeds today, the train home was a cunt because as far as I'm aware there were no direct trains back to Lime Street so had to go to Manchester Piccadilly then Oxford Road and also be in the presence of Mancs.

Friday was I was pretty much at the main stage apart from Cage the Elephant who were great fun. Interpol were disappointing but Elbow and Muse were brilliant at the end, I nearly got crushed to death when they played Knights of Cydonia. I also have to mention Friendly Fires as I'd never heard of them and thought they were pretty good, the lead singer had some funky dancing going on which made me laugh.

On Saturday I didn't even attend the main stage as there was no-one I fancied seeing, I pretty much stayed at the NME tent and thought Metronomy and The Vaccines were brilliant and had the whole tent bouncing. I fucked off when Beady Eye were about to come on and went to the alternative tent and went to see Dry The River who'd I'd never heard of but really enjoyed, going to buy some of their tracks now.

Sunday revolved around the main stage, pretty much every act on there was brilliant apart from one of my favourite bands - Jimmy Eat World. Their set was fairly poor as they played a lot of their new stuff and some which hadn't been released, it was just a let down to be honest. Madness were great fun as was Seasick Steve. Finally it came to Pulp and they were just boss, nothing much more I could say about than that.

P.S. Some lads next to us at Elbow were from Liverpool and doing beak off a 20p, which one of you was it? Own up.