You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from Leeds late last night, was an excellent weekend and cost me at the most £60 for the whole weekend as I volunteered again. The shifts were brilliant, culminating in seeing Guns n Roses right at the front. Axl may have the look of a creepy paedophile & the collective ego of 15 boyband members, the three Slash wannabes hilarious in their lack of originality (8 minute full on guitar wanks with unsmoked lit cigarette in mouth and fan blowing on hair) but they put on a brilliant show. My favourite bit was when this stunning cunt got her tits out right next to me for knocking on heaven's door. There were loads of rumours about them not even turning up.

Yesterday I stayed behind whilst everyone else was going, had a brilliant time nicking loads of tents that were left behind, my final haul was 5 tents, 3 airbeds, an air matt, a sleeping bag, a poncho and a box of wine. Melons would have been in heaven.

I went to Benicassim in '08. The line up was fucking shit. Headliners we're hotchip and babyshambles, enjoyed both but hardly stellar. It's all on a tiny Car park but near the beach and fucking lovely weather. Get a well ventilated tent as most will feel like saunas there - I stayed in a Villa 40 miles away. You do feel like a bit of a Bell end when 90% of the people there are rich British kids while all the Spaniels sit outside trying to listen.

It was good but all the festivals I have been to in the UK have been streets ahead. The continental festivals that I have heard are the dogs bollocks and anus include Exit (Serbia), Sziget (Hungary), Roskilde (Denmark) and there are comparable Euro versions of Leeds\Reading in Germany and Switzerland called rock am ring\rock am park and Gurtenfest. There are loads of other boss sounding suggestions on this thread

Edited by Remmie

Primavera Sound In Barcelona looks well better Benacassim, plus it won't have all the "North London rich kid wanker fashion victims" as a girl I know who went to Benacassim put it.

I may be getting laid off in the next 2-3 weeks. If I do I plan to go Lake of Stars Festival in Malawi (organised by the lad who started Chibuku Shake Shake) and then do some travelling around Zambia, Mozambique etc for a month or two afterwards.

vinspired Lake Of Stars Malawi Music Festival

Primavera Sound » Line up

Edited by Yerma'satexan!

Yesterday I stayed behind whilst everyone else was going, had a brilliant time nicking loads of tents that were left behind, my final haul was 5 tents, 3 airbeds, an air matt, a sleeping bag, a poncho and a box of wine. Melons would have been in heaven.

Too right i would of been, why on earth do people spend a fair wedge of money on camping kit only to not be arsed packing it and taking it home?

I may be getting laid off in the next 2-3 weeks. If I do I plan to go Lake of Stars Festival in Malawi (organised by the lad who started Chibuku Shake Shake) and then do some travelling around Zambia' date=' Mozambique etc for a month or two afterwards.

vinspired Lake Of Stars Malawi Music Festival

Primavera Sound » Line up

Loving the positive slant you've put on being laid off there.

Exit is by far the best festival I've been to. Been there twice and will continue to do so.

Its not been invaded by posh wannabe boho chic rich kids yet but I did spot the occasional one this year as Exit is building a massive reputation. It takes place in this massive fortress and the atmosphere is just insane.

It's got everything you need; cheap booze (beware of the rakija, lethal) excellent reasonable priced food, ace weather and the women are outstanding.

Oh and the lineup isnt too shabby either.

• 5 months later...

Bought the weekend ticket for this festival being held in Dublin, great little lineup.....

Sat 4th June: The Flaming Lips, Wild Beasts, Erol Alkan, Aeroplane, Jape, Ham Sandwich, Colourmusic.

Sunday 5th June: Aphex Twin, Battles, Caribou, Jamie XX, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Kormac’s Big Band, Solar Bears.

More acts are to be announced.

Cant get to any festivals over here this summer because I'll be in Spain, so a few of us have just got tickets for Benicassim in July. Going to get a boat over to Valencia and hopefully have a few good days over there.

Anyone been before??? Dont know a thing about it but we thought it will probably be a good laugh.

Line up so far is...

Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Portishead, The Strokes, Beirut, Elbow, Primal Scream, Friendly Fires, Pendulum, Tinie Tempah, Mumford & Sons, The Streets, Julieta Venegas, Lori Meyers, CatPeople, The Coronas, Veronica Falls, Grupo Salvaje, The Marzipan Man and Smile.

Announcing a load more soon. Well, I think it will be loads as it's a 4 day festival.

Cant get to any festivals over here this summer because I'll be in Spain, so a few of us have just got tickets for Benicassim in July. Going to get a boat over to Valencia and hopefully have a few good days over there.

Anyone been before??? Dont know a thing about it but we thought it will probably be a good laugh.

Line up so far is...

Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Portishead, The Strokes, Beirut, Elbow, Primal Scream, Friendly Fires, Pendulum, Tinie Tempah, Mumford & Sons, The Streets, Julieta Venegas, Lori Meyers, CatPeople, The Coronas, Veronica Falls, Grupo Salvaje, The Marzipan Man and Smile.

Announcing a load more soon. Well, I think it will be loads as it's a 4 day festival.

Lovely weather, hot birds, Strokes, Arcade Fire and Primal Scream?

Worth the price of admission alone if you ask me.

Line up so far is...

I would love this.

Line up so far is...

I went in '08 and it was pretty dissappointing to be honest, the atmosphere isn't the same as a UK festival, not sure why, maybe as I didn't camp in the baking hot weather, it is filled with spoilt English kids rather than Spaniels plus it's on a massive car park. What I will say though is that line up absolutely massacres the steaming shit line up I had and I still had a good time there, lots of talent and you can usually get right to the front really easily.

I went in '08 and it was pretty dissappointing to be honest, the atmosphere isn't the same as a UK festival, not sure why, maybe as I didn't camp in the baking hot weather, it is filled with spoilt English kids rather than Spaniels plus it's on a massive car park. What I will say though is that line up absolutely massacres the steaming shit line up I had and I still had a good time there, lots of talent and you can usually get right to the front really easily.

Someone said the exact same thing to me earlier on.

Just had a look at the 08 lineup and it was awful.

Melons, what do you reckon to this as a festival tent: Vango Juno 300 3 Man Tent: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

Not many reviews so concerned about it's sturdiness in the wind.

Wind? You should be more worried about it's waterproof ability for British festival camping! It's definitely a fair weather tent, you camp separately from most don't you? Not as much wind protection as what you'd get in a field of the masses? Any chance of you seeing one up before you buy? Size wise it looks decent on the floor space. Not something i'd trust enough to camp in if the weather wasn't going to be perfect. Is it a one off or will you be packing it back up to use again?

I camp in one of these when we go to festivals...

Gelert Oxygen 4 Tent Reviews and Details 1

I bought it for £50 or so as a prototype so the roof is plain blue on mine. I added extra guys to it to make it more sturdy, i also use V pegs. It's massively shit in reasonable/strong wind but perfect for festivals due to the wind support the other tents offer. Plus size, the bag it's packed in is small, it's tall enough to stand in and it stands out in field of dwarf tents! x

I've got mates going to every major festival, some to bennicassim in Spain. Really not sure which to go to, probably end up at Reading. Download looks terrible.

How so? I'll assume that you may not be the biggest fan of Metal by your statement. System Of A Down alone, makes Download the must attend festival for metal fans, in my opinion.

As for Reading. I've only ever been once, and only for the one day, and I have to say that I wasn't impressed. The atmosphere was terrible, too many teeny boppers and preachy hippy types for my liking...

The only other festival I've been to beyond Download and Reading is Sonisphere. It's different to the others because of the way they alternate between the 2 main stages, which is a bit of a pain in the arse, but crowd seem to be better there than in comparison with the atmosphere I experienced during my day at Reading.

Someone said the exact same thing to me earlier on.

Just had a look at the 08 lineup and it was awful.

Normally line up is almost an irrelevance to me, but at Benicassim there wasn't a great deal else going on inside the arena other than music. There is a water park just outside it that I never got to go on and perhaps the camping fields would be a laugh. Maybe hang out with the Spaniels on the outside and offer a suck treat for wristband trade off!

Wind? You should be more worried about it's waterproof ability for British festival camping! It's definitely a fair weather tent, you camp separately from most don't you? Not as much wind protection as what you'd get in a field of the masses? Any chance of you seeing one up before you buy? Size wise it looks decent on the floor space. Not something i'd trust enough to camp in if the weather wasn't going to be perfect. Is it a one off or will you be packing it back up to use again?

I camp in one of these when we go to festivals...

Gelert Oxygen 4 Tent Reviews and Details 1

I bought it for £50 or so as a prototype so the roof is plain blue on mine. I added extra guys to it to make it more sturdy, i also use V pegs. It's massively shit in reasonable/strong wind but perfect for festivals due to the wind support the other tents offer. Plus size, the bag it's packed in is small, it's tall enough to stand in and it stands out in field of dwarf tents! x

At the festivals (3) I went to last year, wind was a bigger issue as a lot of the larger & higher tents blew over. Seems pretty waterproof as well, so may go with the extra guys. My last tent lasted 15 years so I fully intend to re-use it. Will check out your tent, though read a lot of bad reviews for Galert tents...

I've got mates going to every major festival, some to bennicassim in Spain. Really not sure which to go to, probably end up at Reading. Download looks terrible.

How so? I'll assume that you may not be the biggest fan of Metal by your statement. System Of A Down alone, makes Download the must attend festival for metal fans, in my opinion.

As for Reading. I've only ever been once, and only for the one day, and I have to say that I wasn't impressed. The atmosphere was terrible, too many teeny boppers and preachy hippy types for my liking...

The only other festival I've been to beyond Download and Reading is Sonisphere. It's different to the others because of the way they alternate between the 2 main stages, which is a bit of a pain in the arse, but crowd seem to be better there than in comparison with the atmosphere I experienced during my day at Reading.

I haven't been myself but heard the atmosphere at download is electric, the crowd really look after each other and have great banter. AC/DC were legendary last year according to my mate.

Leeds/Reading does have a lower average age and the atmosphere is not quite the same, but I still had an ace time there. Glastonbury remains the ultimate festival although Latitude is fantastic in it's own right as well.