You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle close in on £6.5m Liverpool ace?!?

Hazel Motes

Absolutely no point in selling Riise until we have got ourselves a top quality left back. Aurelio is even worse than Riise and Arbeloa is better on the right. Until we can find ourselves a better left back, we should keep Riise.

I agree...

If there will be nobody coming in before the transfer deadline, whats the point of selling players to reduce our squad and options?....

Arbeloa out for 3-4 weeks....Aurelio is too dodgy imo..

If he wont be replaced dont sell him

simple as

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the yanks will authorise SALES

Its money off the overdraft / loans so when they take DIC money its more profit for them.

I fully expect plenty of sales and very few purchases now.

I also see everton being the successful team in Liverpool if the yanks stay long term. This will be like the tories winning the next election, it spell 4 or 5 years of lies and cheating for the working man, NHS getting screwed etc etc

There is no point in selling players without suitable replacements.

Momo I am not arsed about becuase we have the likes of Gerrard/Alonso/Masch/Lucas but the same can't be said about LB can it.

I am not a fan of Riise at all but I don't see the point in weakening our squad at this stage of the season bearing in mind we are still in 2 cup competitions and trying to finish 4th.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Under normal circumstances I would laugh my arse off that the idea that somebody wants to give us 6.5m for an inept attacking, non-defending full back.

But these aren't normal times.

I am by no means a fan of Riise, but in fairness he's been an integral part of one of the best defensive units in the world for the past couple of years.

Yeah, imagine how good it could have been with a decent left back.

Guest PaddyBerger15
should of kept Warnock. Give Insua a go there.

Indeed, Warnock would have been/was no worse than anybody we have tried in that position since.