You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 minute ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

I had no idea it was started by them, I just remember there being a lot of jokes about it on quiz shows like Have I Got News For You and when he was a guest panellist on other comedy quiz shows it would be joked about. The other thing about it is there are adverts he did where he promoted products like this one...

jpeg.jpg

...that definitely seems to reference his size (whether that's his body size or size of something else is open to question) so for a man who dislikes it being referenced it seems odd that he would use it for advertising - which presumably he would have been paid for.

The one thing I didn't recall seeing was his alleged use of performance enhancing drugs. I remember I think the Canadian/American (I forget which) Ben Johnson as it was a huge news story but it didn't seem as high profile when Linford Christie was pulled up - presumably because he had already won lots as opposed to Johnson as he was tested pretty much straight after winning.

As long as they didn't ask him whether it was bigger than the bread bin.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

I had no idea it was started by them, I just remember there being a lot of jokes about it on quiz shows like Have I Got News For You and when he was a guest panellist on other comedy quiz shows it would be joked about. The other thing about it is there are adverts he did where he promoted products like this one...

jpeg.jpg

...that definitely seems to reference his size (whether that's his body size or size of something else is open to question) so for a man who dislikes it being referenced it seems odd that he would use it for advertising - which presumably he would have been paid for.

The one thing I didn't recall seeing was his alleged use of performance enhancing drugs. I remember I think the Canadian/American (I forget which) Ben Johnson as it was a huge news story but it didn't seem as high profile when Linford Christie was pulled up - presumably because he had already won lots as opposed to Johnson as he was tested pretty much straight after winning.

yea from what i've read he really wasn't comfortable on those shows, and hated when it was brought up, but it was so widely accepted as his "thing" that people just repeated it. I think he leaned into it way later, when he realised he couldn't "beat" it so may as well get paid.

12 hours ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

jpeg.jpg

Ben Johnson was a dirty Jamaican Canadian drugs cheat, but Christie was our drug cheat.

Obsession. Idris Elba and Beyonce. 

Idris plays a high flying exec married to Beyonce. A temp starts at his work and she takes a shining too him, starts stalking him. I didn't pick this movie she did. 3/10. The ending is ridiculous. The first two thirds of the film aren't too bad. 

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I like From Dusk Till Dawn, it’s daft but in a good way.

Yeah I like it but they could have definitely gone down the 'on the run/crime' route instead, probably would have been better but possibly not as memorable.

The Vast Of Night - 8/10. Cracking little indie B movie type thing about creepy goings on in 50s New Mexico. This director is going to be a serious talent. I wouldn’t bet against Feige tapping him up for a MCU movie as this has loads of the elements you’d want. 

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Dusk Till Dawn, utter shite apart from the obvious. 

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Dusk Till Dawn  , really good I thought, I've never seen a Tarantino film before so I must look out for anything else he's done. 

One on tonight apparently. 

I know the film is Hollywood's version of a Cut and Shut but does the review have to be aswell?

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Blimey, what brought that on? All I said was I thought it was pretty crap but then agreed with the film critics as I must of been wrong. 

I'm only messing pal but you should stick to your guns.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

The Vast Of Night - 8/10. Cracking little indie B movie type thing about creepy goings on in 50s New Mexico. This director is going to be a serious talent. I wouldn’t bet against Feige tapping him up for a MCU movie as this has loads of the elements you’d want. 

Agree on this, loved the camera work, sound production and the story was very twilight zone/50's scifi. 

• Upvote 1