You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis, what a leg

WeAreTheBest

Got home Framed it and placed it in my study on the wall alongside all my other Liverpool memorabilia from down the years.

as a testiment to the Luisfor conveying his (and all the players i imagine) feelings to the support they receive from us week in week out.

and a reminder that even when things are not good Support does matter

Quality Player

Quality Man

Full of class

I'll miss Luis

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a little fucking superstar. Best player in the run up to Istanbul for me, scoring the winning goal in each knockout round. And then there were the goals against Chelsea, the performance whilst injured in the derby and numerous other occasions. Will always have fond memories and I'm pleased to have a signed picture of him on the wall with some other Liverpool stuff. It was an unasked-for present and I probably wouldn't have bought it myself, but I'm made up to have it, especially reading this. One of his mates posts on RAWK, so it should be very easy to make him aware of this thread.

Man I challenge anyone on here to read that and not have a tear in the eye. What an utterly class act. Kinda timely as I'm sat here writing an article for the fanzine about him while I should be working

You won't be getting away with that if i get the job at LIPA, young Christopher.

Luis=absolute fucking superstar.

No mate not legend but he did bring us moments of sheer joy. I think the legend thing gets brandied about to easily. In my time only a few deserve that accolade.

When I use the word legend, it can be for all sorts of reasons. The word I reserve for the very best players though, is great. Lil' Luis is a bit of legend to me now, but he's not one of our true greats.

Depends in what context you use the term legend. He's no Dalglish, but his contribution to the club whilst he was here was very significant, and he was involved in some legendary moments.

Anyway Al, if you want to moan about Luis, start your own thread as this is for those of us who love the little man and want to pay tribute to him.

So start your own thread, and we'll see which one gets the most support!

Have just read the letter and this whole thread. The letter was ace. I love Luis. However, why does every thread these days have to have a little snipe here and a continuation of a personal spat there? This is a 'lil Luis appreciation thread, so if you dont like him, dont post in it.

When I use the word legend, it can be for all sorts of reasons. The word I reserve for the very best players though, is great. Lil' Luis is a bit of legend to me now, but he's not one of our true greats.

Yes to that. He was with us for a short time and some happy memories but to be a legend just takes a bit more than that. In my book.

I remember Igor making a legendary run through the middle of the deportivo midfield to set up a goal.Don't see many people giving him Legendary status.

And before you ask "Igor" was going to write a letter but his pen ran out.

actually Igor sent me an email. I was supposed to forward it around to everyone but i forgot. He wrote, "thanks guys (thumbs up)" he actually wrote "(thumbs up)" good shit.

Have just read the letter and this whole thread. The letter was ace. I love Luis. However, why does every thread these days have to have a little snipe here and a continuation of a personal spat there? This is a 'lil Luis appreciation thread, so if you dont like him, dont post in it.

Fucking right. I've just totally abused my mod powers against Dave's wishes because some people couldn't help but try and ruin my scape-goats thread. I was just trying to inject a little bit of sunshine into the forum, but the pissers on chips couldn't help themselves. Boo to pissers on chips, I say. There's too much moaning going on these days. Let's occasionally enjoy being Reds again - even if it's only until the next match kicks off.