You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

If there's something that doesn't interest me, I don't go round boring people for England about how uninterested I am, I just ignore it.

What about something that you're paying for that is dominating the media agenda, providing cover for Government shitbaggery, which you object to on moral grounds?

Is that worth complaining about?

Before we all settle down and get ready to have our street party's tomorrow and rejoice here's a good article by Mark Steel about the big day

Forget the Markles – who in their right mind would want to marry into the royal family?

Thomas Markle is accused of using a royal marriage for publicity, and no one has ever stooped this low before. Example: Pippa Middleton’s column in Vanity Fair is nothing to do with the fact she’s Kate’s sister – she got the job because of her incisive analysis of the Japanese economy

Oooo it’s so exciting, the great day is nearly here! For weeks the news has been full of stories such as “Residents at a nursing home in Keswick have joined in the celebrations by selling all their hearing aids and dialysis machines so they can afford the ingredients to make a giant apple crumble in the shape of Harry and Meghan”.

Kay Burley will tell us on Sky News: “You can see as you look around Windsor, even the flies are buzzing with a joyful air. The worms in the park are giving off a distinct glow this morning – they know this is a very special day indeed.”

Then Nicholas Witchell will report: “Prince Louis, one month old, is said to be ‘extremely thrilled’ about the wedding, and the palace has confirmed his poos have been especially runny the last couple of days in anticipation of the wonderful day.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/royal-wedding-thomas-markle-windsor-meghan-prince-harry-the-queen-a8356061.html

Kay Burley tweeted something about that article being "snide".

Mark Steel pointed out that being called snide by Kay Burley is like Metallica telling you to keep the noise down.

• Upvote 1

Some right cunts on facey ( makes a change) fucking dickheads

Let me guess on the monarchy Bingo:

Great value, Served in Afghanistan, joyous occasion, bring in billions in tourism, half a penny each...etc

Cunt the ankle biting, lizard raping, fuck off you spunk dumpster, jizz lords

If only we applied this to Windsor today...

http://aunty.goldenplains.com.au/what-goes-on/dickhead-policy/

Festivals at the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre have a No Dickhead Policy.

Essentially this is a self-policing policy whereby ‘the dickhead’ is not celebrated or tolerated at the festival. Dickheads or people involved in dickhead behaviour will usually find that a solid citizen will firmly but politely inform them that their dickhead behaviour is not admired or appreciated. The Dickhead will usually realise they are being a dickhead and pull their head in. If not, our Helpers, Staff, Security or Police can make a discreet (or not so discreet as the case may be) intervention. Dickheads can be anonymously reported by texting or calling 0430 091 120, emailing Aunty, or reported in person at a Helper Hut or the Info Centre...

...If you are a Dickhead, this festival isn’t for you. Leave your dickhead mates at home.,.

If there's something that doesn't interest me, I don't go round boring people for England about how uninterested I am, I just ignore it.

Riiiight. You don't go around boring people with your opinions, got it. Bore off.

Everyone, everyone! Remember not to express an opinion about something you don't like.

Its not a lack of interest, it's an active dislike and disagreement with the idea of a Royal Family. Its almost impossible to ignore it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

£40million for this fucking shite and there are still homeless families 11 months on from Grenfell.

Cunts the lot of them and as for the people queuing overnight to get a good spot for the big day, they need tested and kept away from our children.

I'm disgusted that RTE (Irish TV) are airing this live tomorrow.

Shut it Cain, stop expressing an opinion on something that doesn't interest you. Stop going around telling people how it doesn't interest you.
  • Upvote 1

What about something that you're paying for that is dominating the media agenda, providing cover for Government shitbaggery, which you object to on moral grounds?

Is that worth complaining about?

No, shut it. You're not interested so you can't talk about it.
  • Upvote 1

What is undeniably good about this sort of occasion is it gets all the women in their 30s and 40s who don't normally go out and get pissed, to go out and get pissed.  The pub I was in last night was crawling with prosecco-soused women in lairy mood.  Today, with the combination of warm sun, beer gardens and the general excitement about weddings that only women can feel, you'll be able to cut the oestrogen and progesterone with a knife.  

Watching a bit of it now while I wait for the other half to wake up - as we're heading out for the day for her birthday. Missed the last one too as we went away boating on the Norfolk Broads with no tv in sight, that was a result and a half.

No sign of Pippa Middleton yet. Absolutely Gutted.

....Idris Alba and Opera Winfrey have just randomly turned up though. Hope they have an invite.

I really do hope Not Big Sam will be live tweeting the event like last time. That was pure class.

The lack of tolerance to people who do, believe, and care about different things is bizarrely low. It's a few people celebrating something they give a fuck about. As a staunch republican, I can accept that we have a monarchy and a few people are out supporting that. They might think that grown men, gathering together in a ground to watch overpaid prima donnas kicking a ball is sad. Different strokes. Different folks.

BTW, it's events like this that give us republicans the biggest platform to spread our message.

• Upvote 2

Can't turn the TV on because of this shit.

Put Radio 2 on. Chris fucking Evans live from Windsor. Omni-shite.

Put 6 music and some shit R&B was on but it will have to do. Until the bloke who was obviously an American middle aged black fella started waffling on about it.

Star wars battlefront on the XBox it is all day then.

The only thing that could be remotely enjoyable about this appalling waste of money is if when the vicar says speak now or forever hold your peace these is a loud thud as Brenda drops dead.

Then a Mick McCarthy style meme made of Prince Charles.