You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Climate change - how arsed are you?

Paul

How arsed are you about climate change?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. How arsed are you about climate change?

• Very. I do everything I possibly can to be greener.
    • Arsed. I do what I have to and a bit more, as long as it doesn't hurt my pocket.
    • Think it's an issue and I do what I have to, but I'm not sweating it.
    • Climate change, schmimate change. Big conspiracy to tax us more and sell us shit we don't need.

Not that arsed.  The UK is insignificant when it comes to global carbon emissions, especially compared to the USA, China, India etc. Phasing out carbon fuels gradually is one thing, having a hard stop in 2030 like the Tories are planning by banning new petrol cars and new gas boilers is just mental. Labour are even more pro-green so I don't see them changing that rule when/if they get in power. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At last some good news to round off the day. Don't worry yourself about this climate change nonsense. Alisons mates are having a really nice time on their holidays and Alison is one of the best paid journalists in the country. Reassuring.

It does appear humanity is at a tipping point and the people making the big decisions for the good of everyone (haha) don’t seem to care all that much. 

I’m glad I don’t have, and will not have, kids, because the future looks pretty bleak, but at least Allison is getting a tan so all is not lost. 

Just fucking depressing listening to people clapping his arrest. I thought students were supposed to protest. And all the whataboutery in  the replies. I wonder how these people will react when the places like the Mediterranean become too hot to sustain life and population displacement and people migrating for water arrive on their doorstep.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

This killing the planet line makes me laugh and illustrates our over inflated sense of self importance. Planet will be fine. We may well be fucked but the earth will somehow carry on.

Depends what you mean by the planet. Fish are being washed up on the shores and birds are falling from the sky. Many natural habitats are under threat. The actual mass will survive, not sure about the creatures trying to live on it. 

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

We don't deserve to survive. We fucked up our home. 

It's not just us though, we are taking others with us. One third of Pakistan was flooded last year, vegetation fucked for generations. The rivers are to warm for the fish and the heat is frying the birds. 

It'd be better for wildlife if humans agreed on a mass suicide pact.

And on that cheery note...