You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our captain...

Chris

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because he is scrutinised. If you go player by player for the whole team I think you will find other players have more off games than he does. E.g. Carra has largely escaped criticism for a dreadful season.

Being under scrutiny turned him into a lying plotter who was half-hearted? Take your blinkers off, you've got no excuse, you're a grown man.

look at players we have had that would deserve this stick, look at cisse, one of the laziest and self centred players about.

is there anybody with me here who agrees that stevie tries his best for our club?

Before this season? Most definately. I'm not saying he isn't trying now, but something is holding him back and it gives the wrong impression.

look at players we have had that would deserve this stick, look at cisse, one of the laziest and self centred players about.

is there anybody with me here who agrees that stevie tries his best for our club?

maybe we do srcutinise him more than other players, but thats because he`s the captain ,it come with the territory

i personally belive the Gerrard that played out of his skin to earn that armband would steam roll the steven gerrard that has that armband

it's bang on that youz all think this is going to help. imagine what goes through his mind when he gets home tonight, probably knows he didn't have a great affect on the game, and decides to have a look on the forums and realises what you all think of him. heart breaking.

i'm not even assed if you all start saying i'm up his arse, no way would you of all slated any of the old legends like this.

it's bang on that youz all think this is going to help. imagine what goes through his mind when he gets home tonight, probably knows he didn't have a great affect on the game, and decides to have a look on the forums and realises what you all think of him. heart breaking.

i'm not even assed if you all start saying i'm up his arse, no way would you of all slated any of the old legends like this.

thats true, but judging by our glorious past, we didnt lose alot did we

we`re all fans, and we all have a right to vent our anger on internet forums, thats why they where invented,

Before this season? Most definately. I'm not saying he isn't trying now, but something is holding him back and it gives the wrong impression.

who gets the wrong impression? we know that something is holding him back but that doesn't mean that the certain 'something' (what ever the fuck it is) is his fault.

Such a fucking predictable thread by the agenda setters

Gerrard shouldnt be captain of our club but the abuse he gets on here is just not warranted, he's our best player by a distance

Of course he is, at last someone talking some sense for a change. Lets face it, he can't do everything on his own!

who gets the wrong impression? we know that something is holding him back but that doesn't mean that the certain 'something' (what ever the fuck it is) is his fault.

I'm not apportioning fault. I am just saying that he is not his previous effectual self for whatever reason. I haven't got a fucking clue why either.

If someone can tell me why the best midfield and defence of last season hassuddenly become the worst I would like to know.

My personal opinion is that last year we set out not to conceed and on the whole managed it. This season we go on to the pitch to score and sadly the team is not up to it. Remember how last season we were crying out for a goalscorer as the missng link.

I have total faith in rafa but I think this season he has fucked it up.

I have thought for a while - not often this happens - but I now wish he would fuck off.

Most supposed supporters seem to want this and lets give them their wish.

I have listened to those manc fuckers singing Keano Keano and we are meant to be better.

He is our fucken captain. Get a grib you bunch of plums.

Playing that little shithouse Zenden in the middle of the park instead of Gerrard? Fucking hell i'd have a gob on me as well.

Well now we are out of it in the league, play the team that played today in the carling/fa cups, and say to the kids "here's your chance you can't do no worse than the team that played today"

Just got back from the game - 50 squid down the toilet to watch that embarassing shite. I have to say that Gerrard was strolling about like it was a practice match he couldn't be arsed with. He look detached from what was going on, and to be honest I was thinking - he wants us to lose so he can prove his point.

Only players that emerge with any credit for me were Xabi who really got stuck in today and put some crunching tackles in, Steve Finnan was quality, Carra put himself into it and a few crucial tackles, Dirk worked hard to little effect, Crouchie tried but was ineffective.

Embarrassing lack of ideas - hit Crouchie with a long ball, and, er, thats it.

I wouldn't say that Alonso stinks the house out, but he rarely dominates games like this when we really need his control and vision in midfield. He doesn't get a lot of criticism because he's never bad as such, but I would definitely like to see a lot more from him than the Ray Wilkins-esque sideways and backwards passing we saw today. If he's going to do that then we may as well just tell him to sit there and get Gerrard in the middle, because Alonso and Zenden in there together is going to be a combination completely devoid of forward motion.

the third goal summed captain fantastic up - looking around to blame someone else when he knew quite well that it was his fuck up.

it's obvious he doesn't like benitez anymore and is unwilling to give 100% for him. and a few big decisions need to be made.

On this season's form Carra is nowhere near captian material either. He's been shocking (well not that bad but well, well below his high standards) Gerrard & Carra have been as bad as each other & thats where our problems are - top, top players playing well below there usual level.

That definitely wasn't the case today. Carra was far from his best, but he got stuck in and gave it his best, apart from a couple of flashes Gerrard didn't - I was sat amongst the gooners and even they were talking about his lack of effort and couldn't be arsed body language.