You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our captain...

Chris

I'd say so.

PFA Player of the year on the right. End of debate on if it's right for him.

:D

Says more about his versatility than his position. He got Young Player of the Year as a CM. He got us single handidly into 4th place under Rafa from CM. It's a matter of opinion.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Says more about his versatility than his position. He got Young Player of the Year as a CM. He got us single handidly into 4th place under Rafa from CM. It's a matter of opinion.

Strange that I could have swore there was more than one player on the pitch during that season?? Maybe thats were Rafa is going wrong, he should just play Gerrard by himself, and while he's at it rename the club Gerrard FC, and the ground Steviefield.

The bottom line here is that Steven Gerrard is the best crosser at the club, and he can beat ANY full back in the land with his pace power and skill. WHEN HE WANTS TO.

Against the mancs, he didn't go at Evra once. Against Arsenal, he didn't go at Clichy once.

You have to ask yourself why?

My opinion is that he didn't want to do it. If he did want to, then all he had to do was stay out wide, wait for Xabi to give him the ball and then go at the full back.

Criticise Rafa for not playing Gerrard in the middle if you like, that's a legitimate complaint. Don't criticise him for Gerrard doing fuck all out wide though, as its not like he isn't capable of doing it.

The bottom line here is that Steven Gerrard is the best crosser at the club, and he can beat ANY full back in the land with his pace power and skill. WHEN HE WANTS TO.

Against the mancs, he didn't go at Evra once. Against Arsenal, he didn't go at Clichy once.

You have to ask yourself why?

My opinion is that he didn't want to do it. If he did want to, then all he had to do was stay out wide, wait for Xabi to give him the ball and then go at the full back.

Criticise Rafa for not playing Gerrard in the middle if you like, that's a legitimate complaint. Don't criticise him for Gerrard doing fuck all out wide though, as its not like he isn't capable of doing it.

I think we should play Bellamy on the wing, and Xabi left midfield and Carra at right back - this is so we can accomodate, Aggar, Crouch, and Zenden.

Team comes first etc.

I think we should play Bellamy on the wing, and Xabi left midfield and Carra at right back - this is so we can accomodate, Aggar, Crouch, and Zenden.

Team comes first etc.

Because, of course, introducing even more change to a shell-shocked/unsettled squad is exactly what's required. When did you ditch your "square pegs in round holes" hatred? Roughly about the same time you ditched your view that you were happy with our signings of the summer, I suppose. Rash, you have officially returned to your mental irritant state. What a shame - I was warming to the new you. Unless of course, this is some "amusing" comment on the outrageous treatment of Stevie-Weevie-Kins at the hands of Rafa the Bastard in being told to play in his best fucking position.

We've never finished fourth place under Rafa.

Meant to say under GH in his last season.

Paul - Playing Carra etc out of position was said by me in jest. To see how they would like it if they had to move to 'accomodate' others.

If I was the best CM in this country I'd be fucking livid playing season after season on the right.

Meant to say under GH in his last season.

Paul - Playing Carra etc out of position was said by me in jest. To see how they would like it if they had to move to 'accomodate' others.

If I was the best CM in this country I'd be fucking livid playing season after season on the right.

In that same scenario, if was your manager, I'd kick you out for being a whining little bitch.

Gerrard pissed me off on Sunday for the first time. Until now I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but he wasn't giving 100% and that isn't acceptable. Every player must take a leaf out of Dirk Kuyt's book.

Gerrard just looked disinterested and frustrated and his contribution was barely noticeable. He looked like a player who thinks he has achieved all he can at this club. If that is the case perhaps it is better if he moves on, if he is prepared to roll his sleeves up and get on with then fair enough but I don't want to see him strolling around the pitch like Stan Collymore on a bad day.

I disagree with that. Its a short career - playing long term in a position they don't really like is not fair.

It's not fair? On £100k at week?

The simple fact is that he can play a helluva lot better on the right than he has. He should have been staying out wide against Arsenal and he didn't. Finnan had to come inside every time.

At the same time - with Momo out I'd have him in the centre like a shot. Riise Left, Garcia Right. Warnock Left Back.

I disagree with that. Its a short career - playing long term in a position they don't really like is not fair.

If you're in the playground maybe. If you're getting paid £100,000 a year plus to win trophies and player awards captaining your boyhood club then you can either like it or lump it, I would suggest.

£100K a year Blah Blah Blah. The club makes more than that from him each week. He may cost £100K a week but you think the club just gives that to him for nothing?

Rafa has been bought here to challenge for the league and probably earns millions a year - it is HIS job to keep his best player happy too.

:D "It's not fair" Come into the real world you idiot, he's paid 100k a week for us to do as he's told, jesus christ. "It's not fair". You say ridiculous stuff day after day but that is probably the worst.

100k a week

Plays for the club he says he loves

etc etc

And its not fair? Oh yeah, it seems like a real tough life he's got, how badly he's had it.

The funny thing is, is you're to thick to see he spends hardly any time actually on the right anyway and when he does actually do it we look a lot better ala when he skinned that Spurs full back and we scored.

One day, you'll open your eyes and see he isnt the mr perfect who has never made a mistake that you seem to think he is.

Can he walk on water?

More importantly, he has to sort that fucking hair out.

Yeah thats right. I spent £45 on a hair cut last week and it was only spiked up and hand cut... surely Stevie can find a decent haird stylist?

For that hair he deserves to fucking play right.

Christian - I bought the most nicest Prada shoes this week. £200.... fucking amazing, its like walking on the moon - such a soft landing.... they look formal but feel like trainings with a rubber sole but formal appearance.

Yeah thats right. I spent £45 on a hair cut last week and it was only spiked up and hand cut... surely Stevie can find a decent haird stylist?

For that hair he deserves to fucking play right.

Christian - I bought the most nicest Prada shoes this week. £200.... fucking amazing, its like walking on the moon - such a soft landing.... they look formal but feel like trainings with a rubber sole but formal appearance.

But: do they compare with my £35 vintage Tassel Loafers?