You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

22 hours ago, Red74 said:

Flicking through the movie channels and stops on Christian Bales The Machinist and who do I see? Only Norman Wilson of the Carcetti campaign jibba jabbing with D - D’angelo Barksdale. 

Although a great film I just wasnt in the mood to be depressed so clicks on itv to find John Wick was 15 mins in. Unfortunately I’ve never seen this movie and I’d missed the 1st 15 mins that make the story. However, I’ve seen more than enough memes about his dog to know what I was missing and watched on. 

Lo and behold guess who’s manning the reception desk at the Hotel. Why it’s only Lt Cedric Daniels going all African on us. Next up, JW gets a knock on his door after disarming a female assassin and look who’s knocking. It’s det Lester Freeman offering a hand.

tune in next time for more guest appearances on Wire Watch

fillowingnin from last nights revelations. I’ve just put this Amazon Jack Ryan series on and would you believe that Jacks first scenes show him riding to work on his environmentally conscious bicycle only to nearly cause a 3 car pile up at the “intersection”. 

An understandably irate driver brings his window down to hurl abuse at our helpless hero  and lo and behold it’s only our old friend Det Bunk Moreland. 

Who has luck like this 2 days in a row. Might put a lottery on the way it’s going 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From a Guardian Reup piece from 2010 on ep 2 season 5. 

Spoilers in article it anyone is enjoying a first watch. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/organgrinder/2010/feb/23/wire-season-5-episode-2-drink

Watch The Wire enough and you will soon pick up the drinking habits - see a bottle of Bushmills and call it "Protestant whiskey" or at the end of a hard day ask your colleagues out for a "taste". 

And 

This episode is one with a strong drinking theme. While looking over the corpse of an elderly woman who has died in her bed, McNulty and a uniformed officer discuss how they deal with hangovers. "I hold the pillow over my face, just to keep the light out and the pain down," says McNulty, as he tries to explain why the woman has a pillow over her face. The officer replies: "Me, I just throw up once or twice and go to work." McNulty chuckles approvingly:

"The western district way."

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching again from start to finish. Halfway through S2. I'm still not happy about D going out like that. Too soon, too quick and by someone we didn't even know. After 19 episodes of D being one of the key characters it just felt like, "Oh, well kill him off now. Yeah, that'll do."

Shite. 

• Upvote 1