You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, Dapower said:

On the league and I’ve not looked I wonder if we jam in the derby before the  cup semis because we play Fulham that weekend now and that could be 6pts on the board with city under pressure

Talk of The Ev being planted in between Fulham and West Ham. 

41 minutes ago, Bob said:

This post is shit, and duly negged. The lad was in great form for us before getting injured in a freak accident. It's fair to think "what mightve been" and its entirely wrong to frame it the way you have.

He gets injured for a while every season for a multitude of reasons. He's been here for 4 years and he's done what that's substantial, exactly? People talk like he's Mané or Salah.

I'm mostly annoyed that Gakpo gets shit on when you've got Darwin who is not the guy yet, you've got Jota who is a massive what if and you've got Diaz who runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. They all can't be relied on, including Jota. The strength is in the group and the depth. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

He gets injured for a while every season for a multitude of reasons. He's been here for 4 years and he's done what that's substantial, exactly? People talk like he's Mané or Salah.

I'm mostly annoyed that Gakpo gets shit on when you've got Darwin who is not the guy yet, you've got Jota who is a massive what if and you've got Diaz who runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. They all can't be relied on, including Jota. The strength is in the group and the depth. 

That reply is fair enough, but also explains why the previous post was shit. It was shit because you you're annoyed one player is getting grief, so you hand out some of your own to another for balance.

I've always liked Jota but never seen him as someone we could count on for both injury and form reasons - he's previously been hot when hot but with longish cold spells.

This year though he's been much more than that, and his injury is the worst luck of any serious injury I can recall to one of our lads since poor Phil Babb, so he doesn't deserve to catch a stray.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stringvest said:

Jota would have killed that game yesterday.  Gakpo would not have done had he kicked off at 9am.  I think there is a player there in Gakpo, but I'm not sure we're the right club to leverage his strengths. 

I agree with that. I also think k Gakpo is playing especially poorly at the moment and he is better than he's showing at the moment, as he had been for us before, but for whatever reason right now he's struggling for form and confidence and it really showed on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I agree with that. I also think k Gakpo is playing especially poorly at the moment and he is better than he's showing at the moment, as he had been for us before, but for whatever reason right now he's struggling for form and confidence and it really showed on Sunday.

He needs to compensate for his lack of intensity with guile, positioning, vision and technique, but he wasn't at the races at all yesterday.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Arsenal appear to have an easier run in than us and City,am I wrong? They seem to be blowing teams away with confidence we gave them with our shitshow at their ground.

I don't see that. Away games v City, Spurs and United aren't easy. Even their other two aways are banana skin games (Brighton and Wolves).

Their home games look winnable but Chelsea could turn up on their day.

17 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but here's hoping Michael Avery's life has just taken an unscripted turn for the worse.

Screenshot_20240322_120833_X.jpg

I don't usually say these things but if cunts like him die today it will be too late.

What an absolute scumbag. Hope he loses his job and season ticket, at the very least.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2