You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Dec 25-29 2023)

tlw content

image.jpeg

Monday Dec 25:

Oh my God, that video with Daire. That’d bring tears to a glass eye. What a fucking fantastic kid he is. So mature for his age and what a great attitude he’s got. The older I get the more of an emotional mess I am, I’m choking up at all kinds of shit these days, but I make no apologies for getting all choked up watching this. I’ve been a bit mad at Kloppo the last few days after the daft shit he said last week, but what a man he is. When he said to Daire that he enjoyed meeting him as much as Daire enjoyed being there, you know he meant it.

It was also heart warming when Diaz and Nunez came in to see him and they both just hugged him and Diaz gave him a kiss on the head. Great lads, that kid will never forget that moment and how affectionate they were with him. The club’s social media team have been sitting on this for weeks and waited until Christmas morning to release it.   

Meanwhile, good stuff today from Virg on Konate (and Quansah). “I speak a lot with him about certain things because it’s my duty to share experiences with him. He’s still learning and he can be even better than he is. Same goes with Jarell. I’ve been in the game for quite a while now and been quite successful. I try to give that to the young players.

“These players at this age are even better than I was. But obviously it’s about doing it in the long run. I’m pleased for how he is now but he can be even better, he can progress. It’s nice to see the progression and development, it’s nice to see that they listen. Let’s see what it brings.”

It’s a good point and people probably don’t think too much about it. Konate is light years ahead of where Virgil was at the same age, but Quansah is too. Much better at 20 than Virgil was. Doesn’t really mean anything in terms of what he’ll be like when he’s 25, but it’s encouraging, especially as he’s being tutored by the man himself. Virgil is the best I’ve ever seen though and I doubt we’ll see another like him. If either of them can get close then we’re very lucky.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

The irony is that both goals at Burnley came from Tierney playing good advantages. He must have been absolutely gutted afterwards. As for VAR, it seems to have worked quite well in the major tournaments, when you have competent people in charge, but if you've the likes of Tierney, Coote, England and Attwell involved then all you can expect is poor decisions.

• dave u unpinned this topic