You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Tue 26th Dec 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Commentator on Burnley's forthcoming fixtures: 'It's not going to get much easier'. Utterly crap commentary, from start to finish,,

If you’re watching on Amazon Prime itself you can choose the Stadium FX sound option to turn the commentary off.

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Commentator on Burnley's forthcoming fixtures: 'It's not going to get much easier'. Utterly crap commentary, from start to finish,,

I can't agree with that. (I missed the start. I can, however, confirm that it was shite from the tenth minute to the end.)

Imagine the frustration in the VAR room when they could not find the slightest reason to chalk off Jota's goal....

They and Tierney have worked hard and got everything set up perfectly for a dodgy Burnley penalty in injury time and Jota goes on to ruin what should have been another really satisfying "good process" evening.

All things considered that was a decent enough performance. The talk from the commentary is that Burnley were much better in the second than the first and that Liverpool should've made it look easier. Only just now in the post-game Robbie Mustoe mentions if Burnley's plan was to hang in there they were lucky for the disallowed goals. He the only one at half-time that mentioned Nunez had a point about there not being much if any contact on Gakpo's disallowed goal. I suppose since he's employed by NBC he might have a bit of leeway to go off script.

The way I see it we've scored 4 goals and 2 of them have been disallowed for at best the most pedantic of reasons and at worst flat out desire to influence the result of the game.

• Upvote 1

Made that harder than it should have been with some loose finishing and of course being cheated out of Gakpo’s goal.

No injuries, Nunez scoring again and a big player back in Jota. Excellent.

Special praise for Quansah, Elliott and our utility man Joey Gomez for their efforts.

I don’t like praising the opposition, but Tierney can feel unlucky tonight - he did his best to try and prevent us getting the three points.

• Upvote 1

Ended up being a hundred times harder than it should have been. Partly due to poor finishing and general sloppiness from us, mostly because of the officials yet again. Never mind; it's 3 points, we're top of the table, and now we can just relax and see how everyone else does. 

Bonus boxing day coverage of the latest installment of United's emmy award winning comedy season up next to enjoy. The plus side is there's not even really a downside to it. If United lose then it's more comedy at their expense. If they win or manage a plucky draw then Villa fall further behind us. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, George Costanza said:

Where's a turkish president when you need one.  Tierney needs a fucking shoeing the snide corrupt cunt.

Made harder work of it than needed.  Still very wasteful in attack.  Going to need to be better going into a tough January period.

Jota is coming back at exactly the right time. Mac Allister can’t be too far away either.

Just now, stringvest said:

Great stuff from Jota - he's a diamond.  

People falling over themselves to slate Endo for that wayward pass, nowhere to be seen when he wins that tackle to set the goal up.  Smashing.

Endo is a smashing player. He was very good tonight against a bunch of orcs. I'd have him in the starting 11 every game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Great stuff from Jota - he's a diamond.  

People falling over themselves to slate Endo for that wayward pass, nowhere to be seen when he wins that tackle to set the goal up.  Smashing.

What did you think of Endo overall. I saw a lot of good stuff and some less good stuff. 

Apart from a 10-15 minute spell, we largely controlled that game. But only secured the win late on. That was probably down to two legitimate goals being ruled out though. 

The Gakpo one was shockingly bad officiating. Never a foul from Núñez. You can make more of a case for the second one though. Salah is offside. Even if he was pushed there. But there’s a strong argument that it has no real bearing on the goal. Trafford was already going across his goal and wouldn’t have been able to redirect his weight to try and save the shot, even if Salah was on or off. 

Joe Gomez can piss off too. With his sensible defending and not diving in and getting booked. Just what you expect from someone whose middle name is Dave! 

IMG_3584.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg