You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (H) - Sun 3rd Dec 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Quite enjoying the number of thundercunt goals from distance we've been scoring lately. It's never really been our M.O. So it's nice to see a different dimension to our game, I suppose Jurgen hasn't really had the players capable of cracking one off from distance til now. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aventus said:

Quite enjoying the number of thundercunt goals from distance we've been scoring lately. It's never really been our M.O. So it's nice to see a different dimension to our game, I suppose Jurgen hasn't really had the players capable of cracking one off from distance til now. 

Too much fibre.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I had a Spanish commentary. They loved Darwin and Macca,of course,but that Fulham left back too? I suspect that was because Mo had a bit of an off day until late on.

Robinson has impressed me a few times when I have seen him. Not sure I could be good with somebody called Antonee on our books though.

11 hours ago, Aventus said:

I always assumed he was actively discouraging it because of the low percentage nature of it. Fabinho and Henderson very, very occasionally scored from distance but were far more likely to play it sideways from the same position. 

51 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Robinson has impressed me a few times when I have seen him. Not sure I could be good with somebody called Antonee on our books though.

I watched him against City and he impressed me. I presumed that he was a kid that had come through the Fulham academy. I was surprised to read that he is 26, was on Everton's books growing up and that he grew up in the UK but has 39 USA caps. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

I watched him against City and he impressed me. I presumed that he was a kid that had come through the Fulham academy. I was surprised to read that he is 26, was on Everton's books growing up and that he grew up in the UK but has 39 USA caps. 

He is one of the quickest players around - combine that with his pace and you have 90% of his game. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

That awarding of an own goal for the ball hitting back off a goalkeeper is very unfair in cases like yesterday. Brilliant goal and even a very good effort by Leno in getting anywhere near it. Just credit it to whoever took the shot, FFS. 

The ball would miss the goal unless it hits Leno, so how can it be unfair?

2 hours ago, Funkasy said:

The ball would miss the goal unless it hits Leno, so how can it be unfair?

Can say that about most deflected shots that go in, but they still count as goals from the attacker rather than an OG. 

Should be the same rule as for penalty shoot outs, if the original momentum carries it in then the deflections before it crosses the line don't matter. 

2 hours ago, aws said:

Trent had put so much backspin on the ball it would have gone in anyway. 

Joking aside, it might have. We've seen shots hit the bar, bounce down on the line and then bounce back up into the net because the spin takes it. There's no way of knowing what that ball would have done and for me it should be Trent's goal. 

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Did they do a var check for the winner, or were people in the ground allowed to enjoy a big football moment unabated?

No VAR check. I'm sure Tierney had a look at the Kostas challenge but there's nothing in that so quite rightly there was no 'official' check and we were allowed to go nuts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

Joking aside, it might have. We've seen shots hit the bar, bounce down on the line and then bounce back up into the net because the spin takes it. There's no way of knowing what that ball would have done and for me it should be Trent's goal. 

Spin only works the opposite way. It bounces out from behind the line, but not in from outside the line. 

A spherical ball hitting a cylindrical goal frame can’t spin the opposite way.