You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea vs Liverpool - 4 April at 20.00

Fuck it, my turn, we're shite anyway so what does it matter.

Chelsea's form is almost as confusing as ours, worse if you take into account their recent investment!

That said, we're so bad away it would be a miracle to do what we did last season and take a point here (2 points thrown away that day).

Chelsea 3 L 0.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fuck it, my turn, we're shite anyway so what does it matter.

Chelsea's form is almost as confusing as ours, worse if you take into account their recent investment!

That said, we're so bad away it would be a miracle to do what we did last season and take a point here (2 points thrown away that day).

Chelsea 3 L 0.

Our season starts now.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Last goal in a lpool v chelsea game came 375 playimg mins ago.

Was 2-2 with last goal in stoppage time at end of first half and since then...

45 mins in that game

120 in milk cup final

120 in fa cup final

90 mins at anfield in league

Lose this and that is any lingering hope of a 4th place finish done.

We'd be left on 42 from 28 games

With 30 pts left to play for we'd need to probably win 8 from 10 to have a squeak and even that would only put us on 66 pts.

Just not happening.

We are incredibly bad. Half the players can't be arsed battling for 4th, some of them act like their shit doesn't stink and its a bigger issue ignorant of the fact that them not fighting no matter what's happening in the game or the league is just compounding the misery. The attitude has been disgraceful.

There's other issues of course Klopp is having a nightmare by not accepting we just cannot play how he wants, we are way too exposed and give up too easily, his job for the rest of the season should be to give the players a chance by fucking off high risk football. They can't deal with the risks. They look tired of the chase backwards. They are as fed up as seeing us exposed constantly as the fans are. I'd rather the rest of this season we be shit but not look like clowns than be shit, wide open and players looking deflated. Make the teams job a clean sheet as a priority defend as a team, stay deeper so there's less running or in our case chasing and leave the space in the oppositions half of the pitch for our forwards and only our forwards to run into. This team is shit it can't throw a punch as a team with out the counter punch knocking us out. Just let all the defenders and at least 2 midfielders stay back don't all run forward like under 9 dickheads. I'm talking shit I'm just tired of watching how unbelievably niave this team is and how easily their heads drop its almost pathetic to watch now. For this pattern to still be the most prevalent one is a failure on Klopp and his coaching teams behalf. Yes I'm still 100 percent behind Klopp but nobody is stink free this season.

• Upvote 8

When I ran the bar I managed, I had to take one of the bar staff out the back and bollock them for being fucking useless. Nothing serious, just a kick up the arse. The look on the faces of the likes of Trent and Jota reminded me of the look on her face that day; as if they were being unjustly picked on, sulky, miserable.

How the fuck do you motivate millionaire prima donna footballers who act like bollocked bar staff when everything's not going their way? Some of our hopeless cunts need slapping, waking up, reminding them who the fuck they play for and what they're paid disgusting amounts of money to do.

I'm fucking sick of the lack of effort, poor body language and sulky faces. Fucking sort it out you set of wankers or get the fuck out. 

2-0 loss incoming. 

I am hating this season. We are (albeit with 2 games in hand) THIRTY points behind the current league leaders, having finished 23 points ahead of them last season, and the way things have been going, that gap only looks to be getting wider. After shitting down our own leg in that second half at City, we now have games against Chelsea and then Arsenal this week. Chelsea, who for all their lavish spending have struggled to hit a barn door all season, against our rabble who are displaying relegation form away from home. Again with the way things are going, it's not inconceivable that for one of the teams, that will be turned on its head. Or it could be the damp squib served up by the two sides at Anfield in January. That was the third 0-0 (in normal time) between the sides in the last 12 months, but the cup finals were at least eventful.

Grit. Heart. Organisation. Strength. Tactical flexibility. Give no quarter. Offensive cohesion. Ability. Luck.

I don’t ask for much.

Last season's corresponding fixture was our first game of 2022, and we were at the time going through a phase of letting leads slip. We surrendered a 2-goal advantage at Stamford Bridge and came away with just a point, a few days after laying an egg at Leicester. No Ali in goal for us, and they had Kante and Pulisic in from the start (I swear those two only ever seem to be ready to start when they are about to face us). Trent's poor early clearance rebounded to Pulisic in the centre but Queef did brilliantly to prevent the American from rounding him and putting Chelsea in front. Rudiger wasn't so fortunate soon afterwards at the other end, as a poor attempted clearance let Sadio in. He did round his compatriot Mendy to fire into the net. It got better when Mo was played into space on the right of the area. He stood Alonso up and then burst past him with a turn of pace before giving Mendy the eyes and deftly lofting the ball into the near post. We then took our foot off the gas and Queef could only fist away Alonso's dangerous free kick from near the corner flag. We had to remain alert but there didn't look to be any immediate danger when the ball dropped out of the sky into the path of Kovacic 30 yards out. No-one would have expected a first-time volley into the top corner, but that's what we got, and Tuchel's men had a lifeline. They got back level when we weren't sharp enough to win the first or second ball, and Kante played Pulisic in and this time he fired emphatically past Queef. 2-2 at half time then. The second half was more a battle of attrition with us having the better chances. Mo's brilliant effort from 35 yards was clawed away on the full stretch by Mendy, who also reacted sharply to deny Sadio a second. At the other end, Queef was sharp to react to Pulisic's scuffed effort from 6 yards out. 2-2 then, and our goalscorers would be away at the AFCON for the next month, with both going all the way to the final. Sadio and Senegal would have the last laugh, and his form in the second half of the season would eclipse that of his Egyptian teammate, whose form in the first half of the season had made him a genuine contender for the best player in the world at the time.

May 1986. A squad that had looked second best to Everton until around March was now in a position where they could reclaim the league title at the expense of their neighbours. And there was still an FA Cup final to come against Howard Kendall’s men. But first there was the small matter of seeing the job through against a Chelsea team led by John Hollins, and with the prolific Kerry Dixon up front. See it through we most certainly did. Whelan miscued a shot from the edge of the area. It bounced off a Chelsea player back to the Irishman, who leapt to flick the ball on. Skippy was in attendance, volleying the ball over the back of the Chelsea defence to The King. He chested the ball down and smacked it past the goalkeeper. Now that we had the lead, it didn’t matter what Everton did in their match (they and Lineker were swatting Southampton aside at the Boo Camp) as long as we held on.

Joyous scenes greeted the final whistle, and it’s one of my abiding memories of watching footage of that era, seeing Kenny sitting in the dressing room afterwards just taking it all in. His first season as player-manager and he was about to deliver the club’s first league and cup double. Incidentally, I always found Stamford Bridge to be a weird ground as they used the areas behind the goals as a car park. Normally you’d only see a vehicle near the playing surface at some cavernous concrete bowl behind the Iron Curtain, and it was usually a police van with an officer stationed beside it holding an AK-47 in one hand, and a leash affixed to a rabid Alsatian that was going mental at the supporters behind a fence in the other.

The surprise box office hit at the beginning of May 1986 was a fictional (or maybe semi-biographical) story called Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling, starring the legendary Richard Pryor. It’s about a young man trying to make it as a stand-up comedian while snorting and freebasing shitloads of Colombian marching powder and shagging hewwers. So real-life then. It even includes a scene where his character burns himself while freebasing, which is something that happened to Pryor himself. I hadn’t even heard of this film until researching for this themed series of match posts, but I am very familiar with some of his stand-up and his acting career. He was a crazy bastard but one of the funniest people around. A lot of the jokes from Live In Concert would not fly in this PC-woke word we live in today, but they are still incredibly funny. That story about the Chinese restaurant will bring you to tears!

I genuinely don't know what Jurgen's men will serve up, but I think we need to make a system change to mask the weaknesses in the team while still offering a threat in attack. I'm thinking 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with Joe and Ibou either side of Virg at the back, and Trent and Robbo as proper wing backs. It does not require us to press the play (something we have been dreadful at away from home), it gives us a defensive base, numbers in midfield and still brings an attacking threat. Of course attitude, application and concentration as absolutely fundamental no matter what we do, but I do believe we might benefit from being less predictable with how we set up. LFC I am begging you, please behave like you actually give a fuck! 

• Upvote 2

To get beat and badly here would be a real low.

1. Fucking hate these rats

2. They are terrible - and have just been well beaten at home by Aston Villa after failing to manage to beat fucking Everton at home. They have also lost to Southampton at home too.

Sadly though they'll be looking at us as there for the taking too and of course will be up for us as the dislike flows both ways and their shithouse, tory, plastic flag waving support will be dead up for us.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

I am hating this season. We are (albeit with 2 games in hand) THIRTY points behind the current league leaders, having finished 23 points ahead of them last season, and the way things have been going, that gap only looks to be getting wider. After shitting down our own leg in that second half at City, we now have games against Chelsea and then Arsenal this week. Chelsea, who for all their lavish spending have struggled to hit a barn door all season, against our rabble who are displaying relegation form away from home. Again with the way things are going, it's not inconceivable that for one of the teams, that will be turned on its head. Or it could be the damp squib served up by the two sides at Anfield in January. That was the third 0-0 (in normal time) between the sides in the last 12 months, but the cup finals were at least eventful.

Grit. Heart. Organisation. Strength. Tactical flexibility. Give no quarter. Offensive cohesion. Ability. Luck.

I don’t ask for much.

Last season's corresponding fixture was our first game of 2022, and we were at the time going through a phase of letting leads slip. We surrendered a 2-goal advantage at Stamford Bridge and came away with just a point, a few days after laying an egg at Leicester. No Ali in goal for us, and they had Kante and Pulisic in from the start (I swear those two only ever seem to be ready to start when they are about to face us). Trent's poor early clearance rebounded to Pulisic in the centre but Queef did brilliantly to prevent the American from rounding him and putting Chelsea in front. Rudiger wasn't so fortunate soon afterwards at the other end, as a poor attempted clearance let Sadio in. He did round his compatriot Mendy to fire into the net. It got better when Mo was played into space on the right of the area. He stood Alonso up and then burst past him with a turn of pace before giving Mendy the eyes and deftly lofting the ball into the near post. We then took our foot off the gas and Queef could only fist away Alonso's dangerous free kick from near the corner flag. We had to remain alert but there didn't look to be any immediate danger when the ball dropped out of the sky into the path of Kovacic 30 yards out. No-one would have expected a first-time volley into the top corner, but that's what we got, and Tuchel's men had a lifeline. They got back level when we weren't sharp enough to win the first or second ball, and Kante played Pulisic in and this time he fired emphatically past Queef. 2-2 at half time then. The second half was more a battle of attrition with us having the better chances. Mo's brilliant effort from 35 yards was clawed away on the full stretch by Mendy, who also reacted sharply to deny Sadio a second. At the other end, Queef was sharp to react to Pulisic's scuffed effort from 6 yards out. 2-2 then, and our goalscorers would be away at the AFCON for the next month, with both going all the way to the final. Sadio and Senegal would have the last laugh, and his form in the second half of the season would eclipse that of his Egyptian teammate, whose form in the first half of the season had made him a genuine contender for the best player in the world at the time.

May 1986. A squad that had looked second best to Everton until around March was now in a position where they could reclaim the league title at the expense of their neighbours. And there was still an FA Cup final to come against Howard Kendall’s men. But first there was the small matter of seeing the job through against a Chelsea team led by John Hollins, and with the prolific Kerry Dixon up front. See it through we most certainly did. Whelan miscued a shot from the edge of the area. It bounced off a Chelsea player back to the Irishman, who leapt to flick the ball on. Skippy was in attendance, volleying the ball over the back of the Chelsea defence to The King. He chested the ball down and smacked it past the goalkeeper. Now that we had the lead, it didn’t matter what Everton did in their match (they and Lineker were swatting Southampton aside at the Boo Camp) as long as we held on.

Joyous scenes greeted the final whistle, and it’s one of my abiding memories of watching footage of that era, seeing Kenny sitting in the dressing room afterwards just taking it all in. His first season as player-manager and he was about to deliver the club’s first league and cup double. Incidentally, I always found Stamford Bridge to be a weird ground as they used the areas behind the goals as a car park. Normally you’d only see a vehicle near the playing surface at some cavernous concrete bowl behind the Iron Curtain, and it was usually a police van with an officer stationed beside it holding an AK-47 in one hand, and a leash affixed to a rabid Alsatian that was going mental at the supporters behind a fence in the other.

The surprise box office hit at the beginning of May 1986 was a fictional (or maybe semi-biographical) story called Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling, starring the legendary Richard Pryor. It’s about a young man trying to make it as a stand-up comedian while snorting and freebasing shitloads of Colombian marching powder and shagging hewwers. So real-life then. It even includes a scene where his character burns himself while freebasing, which is something that happened to Pryor himself. I hadn’t even heard of this film until researching for this themed series of match posts, but I am very familiar with some of his stand-up and his acting career. He was a crazy bastard but one of the funniest people around. A lot of the jokes from Live In Concert would not fly in this PC-woke word we live in today, but they are still incredibly funny. That story about the Chinese restaurant will bring you to tears!

I genuinely don't know what Jurgen's men will serve up, but I think we need to make a system change to mask the weaknesses in the team while still offering a threat in attack. I'm thinking 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with Joe and Ibou either side of Virg at the back, and Trent and Robbo as proper wing backs. It does not require us to press the play (something we have been dreadful at away from home), it gives us a defensive base, numbers in midfield and still brings an attacking threat. Of course attitude, application and concentration as absolutely fundamental no matter what we do, but I do believe we might benefit from being less predictable with how we set up. LFC I am begging you, please behave like you actually give a fuck! 

5 in midfield? We’re barely making 3!