You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) Premier League - 14/1/23 - 15:00

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Fuck all this. Got some fillet steaks sitting at room temperature waiting to go on, a bottle of red open and I'm on a promise. I suggest this thread gets fucked off and everyone does something better with their evening. Ta ta x

Could have posted that in the postive thinking thread. Sounds great. 

21 minutes ago, J-V said:

Poor fucker.  These cunts have let him down massively.  

I can't back that. 

Sure, it's not on the same level as City, but let's not play dumb here.  

He's a gown man, he can speak for himself if he has been shafted. 

He made choices.  Its all a balancing act, the Rafa blanket, he's fucked up. 

What's the plan from here? It's clear now we're not even getting near top four, question is where in mid table will be finish. We're not signing anyone this month. So what does the rest of the season look like. What is the plan for the summer? How can we get the players we actually want to keep firing again

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think the World of Klopp too but he's had money to spend over the last 12 months & the team he's built are getting the run around by Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion. These performances have not come as a shock to any of us either & I'd be surprised if we finished as high as a Europa League spot at the moment.

I have no time for FSG at all but (although I hate to say it) an awful lot of this is on Klopp.

His one failing is what he has allowed to happen in midfield.

It is actually bewildering how it has been allowed to happen.

But he has plenty of credit in bank - he now has to be backed to fix it.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Have to disagree with this one, he was outstanding for us, probably up until the last AFCON. Will rightly be remembered as a club legend.

Also, to be honest, Mane wanted to leave.

He's always been frustratingly shit. Even when scoring goals he would miss open goals and pass the ball to no one. 

Just now, an tha said:

Problem is the options behind it are even worse or at best no better or no more able to do the job we ask/need.

Then we shouldn't play the 433. I dont like Keita but at the very least he can run. Klopp says he has to find solutions from with in but keeps picking the same side and playing the same way. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Then we shouldn't play the 433. I dont like Keita but at the very least he can run. Klopp says he has to find solutions from with in but keeps picking the same side and playing the same way. 

Yup - been said on here many times.

We don't have the tools now to play this way so in the absence of the correct tools we have to find a new way.

Watching Brighton's mobile, energetic, full of legs midfielders just run past ours and by ours today and win nearly all the 2nd balls/challenges was depressing - but hopefully it is a watershed day and the change/rebuild that is overdue/desperately needed starts now.

Let’s not beat around the bush, this is 100% Klopp’s fault. He’s paid millions per year to manage the team and it’s a fucking disaster. Ageing midfield, Salah given a ridiculous contract which makes him impossible to sell and constantly buying the wrong players. Anybody could see the midfield needed strengthening with a proper old fashioned ball winner and Klopp went out bought a novice striker and a winger. I think he will be gone in the summer by either jumping or being pushed. 

• Downvote 8

Anyone wanting Klopp gone after this, can’t be a Liverpool fan. Let’s just face the fact that this season will be a bit shit and hope for the occasional master performance, hopefully in Champions League. Klopp deserves loyalty and backing of the fans at least well into next year.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I can't back that. 

Sure, it's not on the same level as City, but let's not play dumb here.  

He's a gown man, he can speak for himself if he has been shafted. 

He made choices.  Its all a balancing act, the Rafa blanket, he's fucked up. 

Not the same level as City? It's not even the same level as fucking West Ham and Aston Villa.

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Let’s not beat around the bush, this is 100% Klopp’s fault. He’s paid millions per year to manage the team and it’s a fucking disaster. Ageing midfield, Salah given a ridiculous contract which makes him impossible to sell and constantly buying the wrong players. Anybody could see the midfield needed strengthening with a proper old fashioned ball winner and Klopp went out bought a novice striker and a winger. I think he will be gone in the summer by either jumping or being pushed. 

Are you the Tory serf? No wonder you're not attaching any blame to those "above", the people who hoard the money.

(and a thousand apologies if that's not the case and I'm mixing you up with another poster)

• Upvote 1