You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs West Ham 19/10/22 - 19:30

Bjornebye

Control. Organisation. Ruthlessness. Bravery. Luck. Intelligence. Mojo. Energy. Yer ma!

I don't ask for much.

This one is all about building and keeping the momentum going. We have to start building a run of wins and try to claw our way back into the top-4 mix. We might be playing catch-up but those currently up there will not be relishing seeing us closing the gap if we do manage to build up a head of steam. Don't be smelling ourselves just because we got the job done against City, because it does not stop. We know better than anyone that we've flattered to deceive in many games this season, but we also know that with the right attitude and application in EVERY game, we are capable of getting back up there. Just go out there on Wednesday night and show it.

• Upvote 3

This is a must-win game. Trent will come back in I guess, don't see Milner managing two games in a week. I wouldn't bother with Nunez, I don't think the 4-4-2 would work with all of him, Bobby and Mo on the pitch.

We need to play with the same attitude and commitment as against City. Will be a different type of game as West Ham will sit deep and play for a point, but if we put in the same level of effort as we did at the weekend we should win.

46 minutes ago, an tha said:

Usual injury roulette permitting...

Alisson

TAA

Gomez

VVD

Robertson

Thiago

Fabinho

Elliott

Carvalho

Firmino

Salah

Massive massive game.

I was thinking along those lines (as you say barring any injuries). Be interesting to see whether Trent is deemed fit enough to start. 

Tactics wise I would look to be more offensive than Sunday from the off but not massively so. If they were to score first they would really sit in, if we do while keeping it really tight at the back I think they may capitulate. 

24 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Massive massive game.

I was thinking along those lines (as you say barring any injuries). Be interesting to see whether Trent is deemed fit enough to start. 

Tactics wise I would look to be more offensive than Sunday from the off but not massively so. If they were to score first they would really sit in, if we do while keeping it really tight at the back I think they may capitulate. 

Yeah big game

Will be interesting to see how line up as attacking options are so limited now - how do you get Nunez in side? Who plays left side of attack?

That is why i think Elliott and Carvalho play with them filling the "wide midfield" slots and the full backs being more restrained like Sunday.

At the moment it is hard to see how we put out a 4-3-3.