You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

11 hours ago, Harrison Booth said:

Utd have had a run of fixtures similar to the ones that led to Solksjaer getting the job. Home games against West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest and away games at Fulham and Wolves. They lost away at Villa and drew at Chelsea before that run. They have padded the stats with some very handy cup draws against Everton, Villa, Charlton and Burnley. They are improved and have momentum but they're still a poor side, City will beat them easy.

I hope you’re right, mate. I really hope you’re right.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Potter going to Chelsea while in the process of building something decent at Brighton looked like a poor decision at the time, and so it’s proven. Now it’s effectively guaranteed that he’ll never again manage a club with the highest aspirations.

Na he’ll get a payoff on his £12 million a year contract and walk into a decent job.

1 hour ago, Gooch said:

Potter taking the Chelsea job was a no brainer. Absolute zero sense in him turning it down regardless of how it turned out. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Absolutely, guys getting a massive wedge and gets to manage a 'top' team in the CL/Europe. I don't think it was the right or best move for him at this time but I also don't blame him.

16 hours ago, Harrison Booth said:

Utd have had a run of fixtures similar to the ones that led to Solksjaer getting the job. Home games against West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest and away games at Fulham and Wolves. They lost away at Villa and drew at Chelsea before that run. They have padded the stats with some very handy cup draws against Everton, Villa, Charlton and Burnley. They are improved and have momentum but they're still a poor side, City will beat them easy.

If a poor side gets wins against West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest, I don’t want to know what kind of side we have.

Sydney  FC training before upcoming Perth Glory match. Ball control is noticeably poor. They will get snotted.20230113_162415.thumb.jpg.9cc58db0a9506ec02defcb42cb4d64b6.jpg

Haven't had the chance yet to urge them to give Melbourne Abu Dhabi a kicking yet (Western City said they would. Brisbane Roar players said they "can't get near then" because of the financial doping).

9 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Mendy found not guilty on six counts of rape.

Either he's a victim of baseless coordinated smears by multiple women spanning several years for reasons unknown... or a serial rapist with a good lawyer. Hard to tell which.

Retrial on two offences.

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Mendy found not guilty on six counts of rape.

Either he's a victim of baseless coordinated smears by multiple women spanning several years for reasons unknown... or a serial rapist with a good lawyer. Hard to tell which.

It’s not like City, as a club, have been able to get away with stuff when they’ve been blatantly guilty as charged.

17 hours ago, sir roger said:

Can see why Felix got sent off, but he definitely pulls out of the challenge half way through and barely touches Tete in the end.

Nowhere near as bad as Kane on Robbo, or the West Ham scouser on Hendo.

Was it as bad as this one on Harvey at Forest (which certainly didn’t result in a red)?image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

What did you make of the case?

Once some of the charges got dropped after the video of one of the young lasses showed her as a willing participant, it was pretty straightforward for the defence to play the ' Well she lied, who's to say the others didn't ' card to establish doubt.

6 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It's fucking shit that PL sides, including us, can sign players on loan. This is supposed to be the richest footballing league in the world and clubs are trying to plead poverty \ save cash by abusing this system.

Get it fucked off or at least such that you can only get a keeper in on loan at this level when needed and be allowed to loan out no more than 4 or 5 U21 players to stop the likes of chelsea buying up youth and loaning them out.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Harrison Booth said:

I wouldn't take Rabiot for any of our midfield based on this.

Ha. My Dad was watching it, I asked how Rabiot was playing and he replied he didn’t realise he was.

Anyway, 5-1 to Napoli. Juve were on a great roll as well, the won 8 or so games without conceding.