You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nottingham Forest (A) - FAC Quarter Final, Sun 20th Mar 2022 (6:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Brian Clough’s sweaty green jumper, Jermaine Jenas, Carl Froch, Jake Bugg, Su Pollard, that LadBaby fella who keeps on releasing awful fucking songs about sausage rolls. Can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating…

"Singing, I love Jota’s goals,
So put another one in the net for me!”

2339B9CE-0288-4E81-B3A5-CA5FD550AF84.jpeg

He'd not be happy with you associating him with Forest mate, big County fan, even sponsors the shirts!

Hated that game. Thought the performance was mostly Ok before their final third and we were sloppy.

Absolutely their cup final. We beat the form team in the Championship. Players rested. We made it harder than it should have been but only 1 thing matters…. Bring on City.

What a 10 weeks awaits us. It’s gonna cost me a fucking fortune and I can’t wait.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Well that wasnt pretty, was it? But it's the result that counts even if it was one of the scrapiest 1-0s in recent times and it means we face city in the semi.

I didnt think we played very well overall. Amongst our brightest players in that first half were Ox and Keita. Harvey didnt get a sniff while Bobby and Jota almost looked like they wanted to be elsewhere.

It was obvious Jurgen had to make changes in the 2nd half because although Forest didnt create anything of note, we were just sloppy and slow especially up front most of the time.

Joe is no Trent but he got in some good positions and put some decent balls into the box. Unfortunately most of the time there was no one on the end of them except when Ox drove into the box and tried his luck while both Bobby and Jota seemed to want too much time on the ball allowing Forest players to nip in and take the ball off them.

You could see Ox was not happy to be hooked and to be honest, I dont blame him. It looked like he said 'Why me? Everytime!' when the camera zoomed in on him.

He was the brightest player out there for us. Plenty might not agree with that assessment but he was head and shoulders above the front 2, 3 if you include Harvey, in my view. Even when we did score, he didnt look that happy and he now looks bound to leave in the summer in search of regular game time in my view.

Keita can probably also feel hard done to getting hooked as well and to be honest, I think Harvey was really the only one hooked who deserved to be at that point. Was Fab being taken off tactical or to save his legs? Clearly Jurgen didnt want extra time and who couldnt disagree with that?

Even with Hendo, Thiago, Diaz and Taki coming on, we didnt look any better. But the change had the desired effect and a nice cross by Tsimikas found its way through to Jota who managed to get the end of his boot to the ball and direct it into the net.

Even then, on tv at any rate, he looked marginally offside and I was sure another goal was going to be ruled out. But the VAR check had him onside and their picture showed he was so, Im not complaining.

We couldnt keep hold of the ball all game and that resulted in us not being as slick as we were at arsenal midweek. Late on, Forest threw everything at us. Should they have had a pen when the forward's foot hit Alli's hand? Not in my opinion because the forward initiated contact but, you just dont know nowadays.

Thankfully, VAR said no. Forest had one last chance to score but the header was straight at Alli.

Couple of other points, Jurgen went ballistic a few minutes from the end when a ball was played down the line, not sure if it was Bobby and Diaz. Bobby seemed to have come back from an offside position but didnt make a play for the ball and when Diaz skipped away from the defender, was flagged offside. 'Unbelievable' Jurgen could be seen shouting.

Thought Joe was unlucky to get booked as that incident just looked like 2 players colliding and, Virgil almost threw a Forest player to the ground just inside our half but escaped a caution.

Considering Forest and the Forest fans' trust moves to pay a tribute to the 97, it was more than disappointing to hear 'It's never your fault' sang by some Forest fans around the 82nd minute. Gobshites.

MoTM is a hard pick. I would have given it to Ox if he hadnt been subbed and continued to play as he had in the first half throughout the game. But, because he played all game, Im giving it to Joe Gomez mainly because he looked more solid than Virgil or Konate.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

MoTM is a hard pick. I would have given it to Ox if he hadnt been subbed and continued to play as he had in the first half throughout the game. But, because he played all game, Im giving it to Joe Gomez mainly because he looked more solid than Virgil or Konate.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Upvote 2

Elliott surely needs a game or two for the ressies. It's not the time of the season to smuggle an apprenticeship into the first team. His age seems to make him teflon-coated at present, but these are all high pressure games. Everyone has to make a difference.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well that wasnt pretty, was it? But it's the result that counts even if it was one of the scrapiest 1-0s in recent times and it means we face city in the semi.

I didnt think we played very well overall. Amongst our brightest players in that first half were Ox and Keita. Harvey didnt get a sniff while Bobby and Jota almost looked like they wanted to be elsewhere.

It was obvious Jurgen had to make changes in the 2nd half because although Forest didnt create anything of note, we were just sloppy and slow especially up front most of the time.

Joe is no Trent but he got in some good positions and put some decent balls into the box. Unfortunately most of the time there was no one on the end of them except when Ox drove into the box and tried his luck while both Bobby and Jota seemed to want too much time on the ball allowing Forest players to nip in and take the ball off them.

You could see Ox was not happy to be hooked and to be honest, I dont blame him. It looked like he said 'Why me? Everytime!' when the camera zoomed in on him.

He was the brightest player out there for us. Plenty might not agree with that assessment but he was head and shoulders above the front 2, 3 if you include Harvey, in my view. Even when we did score, he didnt look that happy and he now looks bound to leave in the summer in search of regular game time in my view.

Keita can probably also feel hard done to getting hooked as well and to be honest, I think Harvey was really the only one hooked who deserved to be at that point. Was Fab being taken off tactical or to save his legs? Clearly Jurgen didnt want extra time and who couldnt disagree with that?

Even with Hendo, Thiago, Diaz and Taki coming on, we didnt look any better. But the change had the desired effect and a nice cross by Tsimikas found its way through to Jota who managed to get the end of his boot to the ball and direct it into the net.

Even then, on tv at any rate, he looked marginally offside and I was sure another goal was going to be ruled out. But the VAR check had him onside and their picture showed he was so, Im not complaining.

We couldnt keep hold of the ball all game and that resulted in us not being as slick as we were at arsenal midweek. Late on, Forest threw everything at us. Should they have had a pen when the forward's foot hit Alli's hand? Not in my opinion because the forward initiated contact but, you just dont know nowadays.

Thankfully, VAR said no. Forest had one last chance to score but the header was straight at Alli.

Couple of other points, Jurgen went ballistic a few minutes from the end when a ball was played down the line, not sure if it was Bobby and Diaz. Bobby seemed to have come back from an offside position but didnt make a play for the ball and when Diaz skipped away from the defender, was flagged offside. 'Unbelievable' Jurgen could be seen shouting.

Thought Joe was unlucky to get booked as that incident just looked like 2 players colliding and, Virgil almost threw a Forest player to the ground just inside our half but escaped a caution.

Considering Forest and the Forest fans' trust moves to pay a tribute to the 97, it was more than disappointing to hear 'It's never your fault' sang by some Forest fans around the 82nd minute. Gobshites.

Enjoyed that right up until the last line. Gomez was poor, apart from one foot race and interception mid way through the second half. Positionally all over the place and poor passing throughout. Tried to get forward well enough, but poor decision making when in good positions to cross or cut back. Agree with you that Ox was one of our better performers the first half, but that is going from a pretty low bar.