You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Africa Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What a great story for down the pub, though. 

You lucky bastard, Bruce. 

Not even the half of it…

I’m still not quite there yet as the Egyptian passport control are having a competition about who can be the most unhelpful and aggressive to refugees.

Anyhows, this is a text I sent to a mate on Wednesday night.

‘This is no word of a lie and a story I’m going to tell many, many times in bar years from now. So, I go outside to just, well, I don’t even know anymore. I hear commotion and lots of it from our place towards the Medani road. Cars screeching about, shouting and then gun fire. I run inside grab the family, throw them in the car and drive to the other house. Speak to security and they rush off with their guns. About five/ten minutes later they come back in good spirits. Apparently the local small crimes prison up the road has let out all the prisoners and the cars screeching about are family member driving around and firing shots into the air in celebration at their family members being released. I have no fucking words.’

Gallows humour and all that.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bruce trying but failing to outdo my 'growing up in Speke' anecdotes.

Been there, man. I remember watching from my bedroom, a big fight that had started outside the Saucer ended up in our front garden because ours was the only house on that part of Western Ave that didn’t have a fence. Some fella got his head almost literally caved in, right on our doorstep. 

Two days later I stood on that corner and watched as the armed response shot some lunatic with rubber bullets because he was running round chasing random people whilst waving a machete. 

Had to give police statements for both. I was only 10. It’s calmed down somewhat these days. 

• Upvote 1

Jesus, the comments in the Daily Heil this morning. Apparently, it's people's fault for being there so why should muh taxpayer money be spent on getting them out, and there's a lot of concern that non-British will have got British passports, because obviously they're given away like confetti. Utter cunts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Jesus, the comments in the Daily Heil this morning. Apparently, it's people's fault for being there so why should muh taxpayer money be spent on getting them out, and there's a lot of concern that non-British will have got British passports, because obviously they're given away like confetti. Utter cunts.

I saw an article the other day and the first comment I saw was "No more refugees thanks we're full". It's the go to thing for cunts now. Same as Echo articles etc. People always trying to tie something back to migrants/foreigners.  

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I saw an article the other day and the first comment I saw was "No more refugees thanks we're full". It's the go to thing for cunts now. Same as Echo articles etc. People always trying to tie something back to migrants/foreigners.  

Brexit and the Tories turning into UKIP has really emboldened these wankers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

I’d happily swap a dozen daily mail readers for a million immigrants. 

Fucking oxygen thieves. 

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And now, after 10 days, they will airlift all Brits from Khartoum.

Not quite after originally making noises about Port Sudan they are now taking about an old WW2 airstrip that others have used.

Other embassies rounded theirs up at safe houses after finding their locations and scooped them up before flights out.

The Brits advice, drive yourself there, through a literal war zone, despite us telling you that we do not advise you to travel.

It's not so much the mixed meessages as the outright dishonesty.

Friends of mine are still stuck and becoming ever more desparate.

• Upvote 9

25 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not quite after originally making noises about Port Sudan they are now taking about an old WW2 airstrip that others have used.

Other embassies rounded theirs up at safe houses after finding their locations and scooped them up before flights out.

The Brits advice, drive yourself there, through a literal war zone, despite us telling you that we do not advise you to travel.

It's not so much the mixed meessages as the outright dishonesty.

Friends of mine are still stuck and becoming ever more desparate.

Glad to hear from you Bruce.

The narrative being peddled here after what you say is disgraceful.

Stay safe mate and kick up shit when you get home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We basically have a non-functioning government. All the things they're supposed to do (look after the people, manage the economy, generally make sure things work) they literally do not give one shit about.

They'd help Brits out of Sudan if there was money to be made, because that is all they're interested in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You're not alone in relying on Germany.

We had 58 (Canadians) flown out by Germany (or at least a German plane).

Watching the BBC, they're treating it like it was a natural disaster, praising all and sundry for getting people out, including the Saudis, who are a major reason for the situation in the first place.

On 25/04/2023 at 10:35, Bjornebye said:

White Ukrainians are sound for these people though.