You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Bissouma emerges as prime Wijnaldum replacement

TLW

I feel like the attacking contribution of our midfield is really underrated. Our forwards capitalise on mistakes, it’s their bread and butter. Henderson and The fullbacks playing balls in to the box for them to press, the midfield three relentlessly pressing them back. No Fabinho and Hendo in the middle has hampered the forwards a lot.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I feel like the attacking contribution of our midfield is really underrated. Our forwards capitalise on mistakes, it’s their bread and butter. Henderson and The fullbacks playing balls in to the box for them to press, the midfield three relentlessly pressing them back. No Fabinho and Hendo in the middle has hampered the forwards a lot.

We kind of play a 443 system where the 3 midfielders are expected to do the job of 4. Bissouma looks like he's built to be a midfielder than can get over and fill in for a fullback 20 times a game.

Bissouma 

Konate

Aguero 

We could afford that and I'm sure Aguero would like to score at Anfield after 10 years in England.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

We kind of play a 443 system where the 3 midfielders are expected to do the job of 4. Bissouma looks like he's built to be a midfielder than can get over and fill in for a fullback 20 times a game.

Bissouma 

Konate

Aguero 

We could afford that and I'm sure Aguero would like to score at Anfield after 10 years in England.

No thanks. Watching him on Saturday was like watching Sturridge in his last season. 

He’s been a truely great player but it’s taken his toll on his body and, IMO, he can’t do it anymore. 

I’d rather have Suarez back. He’s still got 20 league goals this season.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No thanks. Watching him on Saturday was like watching Sturridge in his last season. 

He’s been a truely great player but it’s taken his toll on his body and, IMO, he can’t do it anymore. 

Fucking right. If we’re paying a 45 year old 300k a week to score 20 goals a season then I want either Suarez or Lewa. 

7 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Reminds me of pre fucked eye Momo. Welcome to Liverpool.

The eye injury was against Benfica wasn’t it?

Didnt he come back from that? I remember him completely dominating Barca in the Nou Camp but going off injured that game and never being the same again. Then he lost his place to Mascherano. 

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I haven't watched him a year at least, I just imagine he would eat up the balls Trent delivers into the box.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I haven't watched him a year at least, I just imagine he would eat up the balls Trent delivers into the box.

Probably not seen him because he’s been injured!

I know his penalty took the headlines on Saturday but his whole performance was wretched. Like he was playing with cement boots on. 

1 minute ago, CrownPaints said:

Are Bournemouth looking for any signings?

They play Brentford in the play offs. Let’s hope they come up to bolster our summer funds.

Not sure even they’d be daft enough to take Keita though.

3 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Let's pray they win the playoffs.

I could see Barnsley coming up and them spunking £20m on Origi and parading him round Royston Vasey like some sort of messiah because of his Barca & Madrid goals and then he’d score like 4 goals and they’d be down by Easter.

Basically it’d be like Brewster to Sheff Utd but with more fan fare & a couple of goals. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I could see Barnsley coming up and them spunking £20m on Origi and parading him round Royston Vasey like some sort of messiah because of his Barca & Madrid goals and then he’d score like 4 goals and they’d be down by Easter.

Basically it’d be like Brewster to Sheff Utd but with more fan fare & a couple of goals. 

Aren't they part owned by Billy Bean, if so there is no way they are parting with that sort of money for Origi, they would be like a cheap version of us just looking for value in the market, actually thinking about it, they will just be us but maybe spend a bit more.