You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

My opinion on Starmer has been made clear, but can't fault him there. He refused to get involved in an argument with a shouty conspiracy theorist loon and didn't give him what he wanted; the opportunity to give some air of credibility to his bullshit. 

I hope the matter escalated due to Starmer giving him a sly body shot off camera. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Full exchange.

'Sir Keir Starmer was confronted by a lockdown-skeptic pub landlord in Bath today, who made no bones about his disillusionment in the Labour leadership.

Footage shows Starmer being questioned by the landlord of the Raven pub on Queen Street, who argued that “we have f*cked the economy because old people are dying”.

The exchange soon became heated, with the landlord telling Starmer he had “failed him.”

“I have been a Labour voter my entire life, you have failed to be the opposition. You have failed to ask whether lockdown was functioning”.

He then questioned why children needed to wear a mask in schools, prompting a pointed response from Starmer who said “I really don’t need lecturing from you about this pandemic”.'

Big win in the Keith column for me here...

I still think a lot of people don't quite grasp the notion of opposition not being the same as government. Same with the people who were on the news that tike saying they'd elected a Tory MP in Leigh because the Labour one had "done nothing for them". 

54 minutes ago, Numero said:

'You've allowed children to wear masks in schools'. Wow. The absolute horror of wearing a mask in school.

Of all the weird insults thrown at Starmer, that's probably up there. 

Landlord was a bellend. But probably not the best move by Starmer to immediately take off his mask when he got outside. 

Amazing how this is being painted as him somehow being humiliated. Basically some mentalist says Starmer - somehow - should have stopped the government from imposing lockdowns because his pub is more important than old people's lives, Starmer beats a dignified retreat. 

I'm really tired of the fact virtually everything gets misrepresented now, people tell you things are happening even though you can see with your eyes and ears they're actually not.

I want a crab fishing boat in the Azores and one of those big fat Doro phones old people use. I'm sick of this shit.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

My thoughts too. Landlord was just looking for his five minutes in the sun.

The fucking newspaper sun, that's what that cunt wanted and that's what he's got. Probably have a daytime slot on GB news every afternoon.. and now Trevor let's go the pub in Bath to get the word off your normal cunty pub landlord, Al Murray style. The most sense spoken on these news channels was when that black taxi driver stumbled on set and thought ahh might as well wing it now, he spoken more coherent sense than the so called expert on that subject, no one could give a fuck anyway. 

• Upvote 1

We've seen the two sides of Britain these past few days. One bourne of class, one utterly classless. 

On the one hand the quiet dignified tilting of the cap ro a true English gent. The exemplary way our Royals conducted themselves at the funeral of Prince Philip showed Britain at its best.

Then the ugly spectacle of the leader of her majesty's opposition storming into a pub to attack a hard working publican for voicing his crackpot opinion that the country has kept a lot of old people alive. Hope her Marj strips this Starmer thug of his title, he ain't no Sir he's a slur.