You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

20 hours ago, Anubis said:

I'm keen to see what they do with Blade and vampires. There is also a rumour that we're getting a Halloween Disney+ special introducing Werewolf By Night.

Same. Can’t wait for Blade. MA is perfect casting too. Would it be a step too far for them to find a cameo for Wesley Snipes as a Blade variant, too?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2022 at 01:07, Special K said:

I'm absolutely done with the MCU now. I've just utterly lost interest in it

Films good, TV stuff shite.

For me anyway. The Netflix shows quite good, but I struggle to get past E1 of the new stuff.

Wandavision being the prime example.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see Secret Invasion on the way. I have no clue how they're going to handle it compared to the graphic novel but will be making sure to read the novel again before watching it. I haven't seen a single thing from Disney+ yet since they started doing Marvel stuff but would definitely watch that as soon as I could.

If you look in the dictionary for the word “filler”, you’ll find the explanation that perfectly describes the last episode of She-Hulk. 

In a 2hr film, that episode would literally have lasted 30 seconds. 

Marginally less story driven than week, at least Wong(ers) & Madisynn were entertaining. 

• 2 weeks later...

She Hulk - If you're going to increase the length of a series from 6 to 9 episodes, partly because people were saying the 6 episode series were too short, then you have to have a story to tell.

Two episodes from the end and we only vaguely know who the villain is and what they want but we have no idea why. 

Instead we've had a good set up episode, 6 episodes of filler (with very little courtroom drama) and are now going into the final two where ALL the story has to happen.