You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Film Draft - Take 2

LF:D

Posted in the selection thread to set my categories.

Pidge

1 - Star Wars: A New Hope (Wildcard)

2 - Fargo (90s)

3 - Back to the Future (80s)

4 - City of God (Foreign Language)

5 - There Will Be Blood (00s)

6 - Dr Strangelove (B&W)

7 - Lawrence of Arabia (Pre-80s)

8 - Senna (10s)

9 - Beauty And The Beast (Animated)

10 - The Apartment (Wildercard)

Solid set of 10/10s, happy with that.  Those last two picks were by far the hardest choices to make.  Went with Beauty and the Beast over a couple of others because the Cocteau connection satisfied my inner film nerd more than the others.  Went with The Apartment because I couldn't stand not having any Billy Wilder in there. 

Also totally bottled my "pick a musical with my second wildcard" promise.  

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Posted in the selection thread to set my categories.

Pidge

1 - Star Wars: A New Hope (Wildcard)

2 - Fargo (90s)

3 - Back to the Future (80s)

4 - City of God (Foreign Language)

5 - There Will Be Blood (00s)

6 - Dr Strangelove (B&W)

7 - Lawrence of Arabia (Pre-80s)

8 - Senna (10s)

9 - Beauty And The Beast (Animated)

10 - The Apartment (Wildercard)

Solid set of 10/10s, happy with that.  Those last two picks were by far the hardest choices to make.  Went with Beauty and the Beast over a couple of others because the Cocteau connection satisfied my inner film nerd more than the others.  Went with The Apartment because I couldn't stand not having any Billy Wilder in there. 

Also totally bottled my "pick a musical with my second wildcard" promise.  

I’m curious as to what musicals you had in mind. Have to admit that I’m not a big fan of them and only like a handful.

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m curious as to what musicals you had in mind. Have to admit that I’m not a big fan of them and only like a handful.

Might say when everyone's picked.  I doubt it's going to be picked, but I've already trod on toes once.

It's not an especially impressive pick, but it's definitely one of my favourite films.

Just now, Pidge said:

Might say when everyone's picked.  I doubt it's going to be picked, but I've already trod on toes once.

I thought we were going to do it again but we can’t pick the same films? 

You might want to use it then. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure I get the point?

I was going to do a different creepy image for each person.

I was testing to see what it looked like for the voting thread.

As we can't really do formations.

If people don't like them I won't.

37 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Wanted to leave a wildcard as my last pick to give me more options. Trouble is, I've got about 8 or 9 and I'm having difficulties leaving most of them out.

Yeah, I had loads in mind, but similar to Trumo's thinking I figured go with something different to other choices. I realised most of my potential final picks had a lot of overlap with ones I'd already chosen.

If in doubt I'm going with films I have to watch to the end when they're on TV, even if I own them on other formats already.