You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rampant Islamophobia in the Conservative Party.

The Tories.

Rampant Islamaphobia

Rely on bits of the Bible to shape front bench policy

Use all of the Famous Five books to shape cultural policy

Use the banner of recession to do what they always do, cut, cut cut.

Distribute wealth from lower tiers to upper tiers via tax cuts.

Climb into bed with the Lib Dems, a party who are at best a party for Protest Vote to secure  years of Austerity.

Use well meaning Lib Dems who are usually downtrodden invidiuals in cheap suits who actually go door to door and talk to people. Apart from Nick Clegg who reallis a Tory.

Use Strontium Dog, who bigs up the (laughs) Coalition to preach with such Evangelical zeal , like he's the only one who 'knows' in the same way that the GOD Channel would ' if it had a Tory branch.

Elects a robot who  would be ideal on Antiques Roadshow, looking all twee and says 'gosh' a lot.

Calls an election, despite saying they won't, loses their majority and climbs into bed with the 13th Century wing of the Latter Day Witchsmellers to cling on to power.

Labour

I'm sure I read something in the Daily Express about him not liking Israel or Jesus.

I don't like his beard. I just can't trust him.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. People are the problem and manipulative people use any means they can to get what they want. Clement Attlee used left wing ideology far differently than Stalin did, yet both were underpinned by the same fundamental principles.

Same with Christianity. Schools, hospitals, the whole concept that 'looking after the poor and sick is a noble act' stems from christian teachings, yet as we see with the likes of the Republican party, scripture can be manipulated to excuse anything in pretty much any situation.

It's the same with Islam. By all accounts, and anyone who grew up in a town with a large muslim population will tell you this, wearing burqas and isolating communities from those around them is a relatively new development, in decades past you were more likely to see muslims wearing jeans and trying to integrate. This ideology wasn't set in stone thousands of years ago, it's been adapted and manipulated to suit certain individuals' - usually political or economic - goals.

I’m sorry but Christianity has no monopoly on being a decent human being.

Nah.

So you dislike something you actually know very little about, if anything at all?

I have access to the internet and I have a very good friend who happens to be a Sikh (really).  So I think it's not accurate to say I know little or nothing about it.  I dislike religion for the reasons given previously.  I do not doubt that there are good people who follow religion, if fact my Sikh friend is one of the most 'good' humans I know.  Lots of people in all religions do good in the name of those religions, however there are plenty of people who do the opposite.  On balance, I'd fuck it all off.

• Upvote 2

I’m sorry but Christianity has no monopoly on being a decent human being.

Never said it did Col, but it brought about a fundamental change in how poor and sick people were treated in society. They were pretty much considered unclean/unlucky (and still are in many cultures) but New Testament Christianity espoused the idea that devoting yourself to the poor and sick was a noble 'godly' act. 

Whether people believe Jesus was divine or not, his true genius was realising people essentially act in their own self interest, and that the best way to encourage them to devote their lives to other people at the expense of their own wealth, happiness and enjoyment was to promise them all of those things - but only after they were dead. 

Never said it did Col, but it brought about a fundamental change in how poor and sick people were treated in society. They were pretty much considered unclean/unlucky (and still are in many cultures) but New Testament Christianity espoused the idea that devoting yourself to the poor and sick was a noble 'godly' act. 

Whether people believe Jesus was divine or not, his true genius was realising people essentially act in their own self interest, and that the best way to encourage them to devote their lives to other people at the expense of their own wealth, happiness and enjoyment was to promise them all of those things - but only after they were dead. 

Jesus, Mary Magdalene and the early followers may have been Communists Secsh, in fact they were, but just about everyone else who calls themselves a 'Christian' since have been among the biggest cunts who have ever lived.

You would think that the ideal bed partners for religion and politics would've been Christians and Left wingers.

Christianity has been hijacked to produce some of the nastiest prejudices all on the basis of a book that was supposedly written by a murderer on the run, who spent the best part of 40 years traversing a route that should've taken a few weeks on foot.

Then, in the 4th Century a bunch of loonies who knew nothing about religion decided that a few books written by people who had never met Jesus and were written decades after his death, should be sifted to produce a document that suited an agenda.

And then, centuries after that, people who had even less chance of knowing what Christianity was about, decided to persecute anyone who didn't follow the dictates set out,

The only thing that Christianity has brought about is a vocation for people devoid of ideas and personality and a platform for the most despicable people on earth to propogate a world view of bigotry and hatred based on absolutely nothing.

Jesus and his disciples are basically the 1st century version of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians.

And if Jesus were to make a second coming now, the very people who purport to be 'Christians', basically Daily Mail and Daily Express reading Tory cunts, would label him as a crank and would want him locked up.

That is what Christianity really is.

A way for people to feel better about themselves, to have their sins absolved, to be respectable but without having to see anybody who might wear something not sold on QVC and not have any views that might be a bit 'uncoventional'.

Basically, in this day and age, Jeremy Corbyn is about as close as you can get to Jesus, politically at least and all of those in lovely, chruch going middle England think he's a lunatic.

I don't think human beings are inherently anything. Like the rest of nature our fundamental programming is to survive and then pass on our genes, the interesting stuff is what comes when those needs are satisfied and we have the time and space to think or other shit.

When you're in survival more though you'll probably do what you feel is best to enable that to happen, one leader might mould you into a group of farmers the other into plunderers, all with the same aim - to survive.

I've always found it interesting that when explorers went to the likes of Polynesia, inhabitants of one island would try and eat you, while the inhabitants of another 15 miles away would try and give you a blow job.

Yeah, with my fucking luck I know which island I'd land on.

I don't think human beings are inherently anything. Like the rest of nature our fundamental programming is to survive and then pass on our genes, the interesting stuff is what comes when those needs are satisfied and we have the time and space to think or other shit.

So we are inherently something

Over 500 mosques , the Council of Muslims , Baroness Warsi and the chairman of the Muslim conservatives all saying there is a massive problem with Islamophobia in the Tory party. Not a single mention on the BBC News website , not even in the Politics sub-section.

Over 500 mosques , the Council of Muslims , Baroness Warsi and the chairman of the Muslim conservatives all saying there is a massive problem with Islamophobia in the Tory party. Not a single mention on the BBC News website , not even in the Politics sub-section.

Yeah, but something about Israel and them stealing things which they obviously didn't because if they had, then they would be getting anything.

My Mum...."Winston did you steal that 10p piece off that table?"

Me..."no Mum, honest. I have got a 10p piece, and it was from the table, but it's mine"

Mum...."phew, OK then, here's 10m quid, go any buy yourself and ice cream son. I respect honesty"

Me..."haha. Fucking people"

Yeah, but something about Israel and them stealing things which they obviously didn't because if they had, then they would be getting anything.

My Mum...."Winston did you steal that 10p piece off that table?"

Me..."no Mum, honest. I have got a 10p piece, and it was from the table, but it's mine"

Mum...."phew, OK then, here's 10m quid, go any buy yourself and ice cream son. I respect honesty"

Me..."haha. Fucking people. Idiots"

So you cant back it up, well that was a waste of time then

Look, if it's difficult to get the quip about the UDA endorsed political party then I'll admit it's not a great joke.

Don’t tell me, yours is the ‘right one’? Funny that.

My opinion is the right one, yes.

I have access to the internet and I have a very good friend who happens to be a Sikh (really). So I think it's not accurate to say I know little or nothing about it. I dislike religion for the reasons given previously. I do not doubt that there are good people who follow religion, if fact my Sikh friend is one of the most 'good' humans I know. Lots of people in all religions do good in the name of those religions, however there are plenty of people who do the opposite. On balance, I'd fuck it all off.

I can't comment on other religions as I don't know anything about them. But being of Punjabi heritage I can point out that your original post with regards to Sikhism is factually incorrect.

I'm not going to labour the point any longer though as Turdseye's post is being drowned out by the usual nonsense. The Tories nor the MSM care about Islamaphobia as it's a vote winner for them. So they're all cunts.

• Upvote 3

Look, if it's difficult to get the quip about the UDA endorsed political party then I'll admit it's not a great joke.

My opinion is the right one, yes.

I can't comment on other religions as I don't know anything about them. But being of Punjabi heritage I can point out that your original post with regards to Sikhism is factually incorrect.

I'm not going to labour the point any longer though as Turdseye's post is being drowned out by the usual nonsense. The Tories nor the MSM care about Islamaphobia as it's a vote winner for them. So they're all cunts.

So as a member, or at least somebody who is close to the Sikh community,have Sikhs been affected negatively due to these anti Islam/Muslims campaigns goings on?

So as a member, or at least somebody who is close to the Sikh community,have Sikhs been affected negatively due to these anti Islam/Muslims campaigns goings on?

I really only have the steel bangle as a sign of my heritage and don't attend the Gurdwara unless it's a wedding so I've no idea what it's like for Sikhs that are more traditional in their appearance. Plus growing up in Derby it's pretty multicultural so despite being the only place with UKIP councillors I'm not sure if the Islamaphobic rhetoric has had a big impact here. I guess only a baptised Sikh or Muslim could really answer that.

Having said that, some scally went on the rampage in Leeds last night and firebombed a mosque and gurdwara.

Strangely enough a small piece has appeared at 12.16am quite near the bottom of the Politics section although not on the main news page. 

So you did go on google to try to back it up and you found out the UDA (amongst other terror groups) endorsed them and told people they should vote for them. Thats it then the DUP are terrorists. Fucking hell.

And you are a Sikh? No doubt a group subjected to false assumptions. Fucking hell.

So you did go on google to try to back it up and you found out the UDA (amongst other terror groups) endorsed them and told people they should vote for them. Thats it then the DUP are terrorists. Fucking hell.

And you are a Sikh? No doubt a group subjected to false assumptions. Fucking hell.

What the fuck are you babbling on about? You appear to be losing your shit over a joke about Tory plans to release data on suspects to anyone. Not just proven terrorists but people who are likely to not even know they are on a watchlist for whatever as yet unproven allegation. Why isn't the problem for you here that it's yet more Islamaphobic nonsense, that also goes against basic rights for everybody, to bury the mess they're creating around the rest of the country? Bizarre.