You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kate Beckinsale

JohnnyH

On being cast on their looks, you know on films where for instance a man’s pissed up in a club and takes a woman home, wakes up and she’s an old, scruffy, fat, ugly looking woman.

How do you go about auditioning for that role? Do you read in an agency that the role calls for an old, fat, ugly woman that’s there to disgust the audience and then think ‘I’m ugly, I’m fat, I’m old and I’m pretty sure I’m all these enough to disgust the audience, I’m going for it’.

It's like in that episode of the sopranos where Paulie sends champagne to 'those skanks'. Imagine having that on your IMDB profile.

On being cast on their looks, you know on films where for instance a man’s pissed up in a club and takes a woman home, wakes up and she’s an old, scruffy, fat, ugly looking woman.

How do you go about auditioning for that role? Do you read in an agency that the role calls for an old, fat, ugly woman that’s there to disgust the audience and then think ‘I’m ugly, I’m fat, I’m old and I’m pretty sure I’m all these enough to disgust the audience, I’m going for it’.

On that note I’ve always wondered about the actors in the awareness adverts for strokes. I’m picturing people sitting in front of a panel of experts demonstrating their best stroke face. All those hours sat in front of a mirror really paying off; some fella whose been method acting for weeks.

I dated this one girl who lectured me on watching The Flintstones. She said it was misoygnist and some other fancy words I have long forgotten.

Couldn't even sing the theme somg around her.

It was based on a live-action sitcom in which the lead male's catchphrase was threatening to punch his wife; so, it's progress, of sorts.

I think it shows comfort in their own bodies without the need to believe that 'fashion models' are the ideal female bodyshape and size.

Kate Beckinsale is a healthy weight and shape. Given Britain's massive obesity problem, we could do with a few more folk following her example.

Kate Beckinsale is a healthy weight and shape. Given Britain's massive obesity problem, we could do with a few more folk following her example.

Yeah. I took exception at her being spoken about as if she was an anorexic on the verge of death from malnutrition. She’s fit, healthy, and a normal weight for her frame size. Not a real women? Very uncomfortable with that message. That’s not to say sending the message to young women that being underweight is the only way to be beautiful, but some glorify being overweight too. Properly overweight. I’ve no issue with those carrying weight, but I don’t think it’s what we want to be saying is a target so you can be a real woman.

We should all be thinner than we are. As a creature we are designed to be lean and light walking upright on two legs. Agile and stamina based. (Except Icelanders)

As opposed to a Gorilla or Chimp who need greater size due to diet and strength needs.

Fat has become acceptable.

There was a tv show ages ago were an American family had to live like a family on the frontier, the father lost loads of weight and went to the doctor saying he'd have to quit the show due to the weight loss, the doctor basically said you have never been fitter in your life your body is thin lean and strong which is essentially the body of your average man back in the day. A lazier lifestyle and processed foods has fucked up the norm. The effect of processed foods on islanders whose natural lifestyle was fucked by the US testing nuclear bombs has been completely destructive.

Holy shit this is the kate beckinsale thread.