You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

No one is going to give us 15m for Sturridge.looks like he'll be here until his contract runs out.

When he went to West Brom we should have just sold him because he still had the myth that he was a very good player but as soon as he went on loan to them he hardly played and they couldn’t wait to send him back once the season was over.

LFC are open to offers for Sturridge but – as was the case last summer and in January – are unwilling to part company on the cheap. [Chris Bascombe]

Liverpool to demand £15m for Daniel Sturridge as Sevilla revive interest @_ChrisBascombe #LFC

Simon Mignolet, Danny Ings and Ryan Kent are all expected to leave Liverpool this summer (Paul Joyce)

I'll be out dancing in the street, the day that Ings is finally fucked off.

Defo have Martins and Bruno Fernandes. Not sure whether we would need Carvalho now after signing Fabinho.

It'll be interesting. Not sure you can criticise us for Patricio moving to Wolves as J-V suggests above. Any players at mid-table level, I'm sure you'll see Mendes moving them to Wolves. 

Now Bruno Fernandes, I guarantee we're interested. Probably heavily so. It will come down to whether we have a better option (without Fekir we might not) and how confident we feel about the fallout from his contract situation in Portugal.

We've had bigger wage thieves than Ings, 

Kevin was being ironic.

Or has he gone so ironic that he's come full circle and is now posting his actual opinions?

Like an enigma wrapped in paradoxical parody of an enigmatic riddle.  And it's only Monday.

• Upvote 2

Sturridge's stock is currently at the same level of the contents of a bin outside a Poundland shop in Blackpool.

You can fit quite a few things worth a pound in a bin. I would be happy if Klopp went and got a bin full of stuff from Poundland and swapped it with Sturridge as I think it would be worth at least treble.

Bayern Munich’s Corentin Tolisso is interested in playing for Liverpool. The player "dreams" of playing under Klopp.

The exclusive by the online outlet says that a source close to the player said "Tolisso wants a Premier League move and dreams of Liverpool". Last year he became the most expensive player in the Bundesliga when he moved to Bayern.

http://calcioinsider.com/2018/06/breaking-tolisso-wants-dream-liverpool-move/

Liverpool have expressed an interest in Sporting Lisbon winger Gelson Martins, one of a number of players who cancelled his contract at the club this week. [@TelegraphSport]

Quand @patrickchene taquine Jean-Pierre Bernès sur @LCI :

« Nabil Fekir a passé la visite médicale pour Liverpool, pourquoi il a pas signé alors ?

- Il a pas signé parce que euh... c’est pas fini ! C’est pas fini l’histoire... »

On attend la suite alors

Which is apparently his agent saying,

"Nabil Fekir passed the medical checkup for Liverpool, why he did not sign then?

- He did not sign because uh ... it's not over! The story isn't over... "

Roma are still asking €80M for Alisson, if they don’t reduce the price, Real Madrid will negotiate for Courtois who’s entering his final contract year with Chelsea and would cast about half of Alisson’s price tag. Chelsea willing to sell before he goes for free. [@mariotorrejon]

• Upvote 1

TalkSport saying Lyon have offered Fekir to Spurs and Chelsea for £66m. Smells of desperation.

They're trying to flog him to them for more money than they agreed to sell to us for, player's agent has alluded that the "story isn't over" regarding why he didn't move here. You can take that two ways, either the player still wants us and is confident that a deal can be struck after the WC or the agent is doing damage control regarding the medical rumors and is hoping another team comes in.

I've also seen us linked with the Swiss keeper, not sure there's any truth to that at all. I imagine any keeper that has a good showing will get the easy link to us.

I see AnfieldHq on twitter are claiming we're interested in the werder bremen keeper.

Jiri Pavlenka.

Can't say I've ever heard of him, but I've scouted him in a 3 minute YouTube video, (which I actually think is more than what our goalkeeping department did with karius) and I like cut of his jib.

He passed my first test which is that he's an international number 1 for the Czech Republic. Well, just about, Cech is getting on in years.

And he's also 6ft 5, which is fucking massive! I'm sick of looking at these little midgets pretending to be goalkeepers these days.

Fuck this sweeper keeper shite. Just get someone that can hoof it but more importantly, save the fucking ball!

• Upvote 1

Fuck, I've been youtubing the fucker since I read it and he looks great.

Granted, even my missus is an upgrade on karius,

Think that story originates from one of the guys from TAW saying who they think would be worth a look, not who we are looking at... Just a bit of idle speculation recycled back through the bullshit machine.