You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko

Kevin D

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is going to win?

2. 2. How

Guest Pistonbroke

It will give him more belief if anything, it will also send a message out to other boxers that he hasn't got the glass chin some thought he had. He took some hard clean punches last night. 

Going to be controversial here but I think it's great that the casuals are getting into boxing, the sport has been dying steadily since Sky robbed it from the people and a star like Joshua can really help boost the profile of the sport and get some fights back on terrestrial TV. Who cares if they don't know their Lomachenkos from their Golovkins, maybe they will in the future.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Going to be controversial here but I think it's great that the casuals are getting into boxing, the sport has been dying steadily since Sky robbed it from the people and a star like Joshua can really help boost the profile of the sport and get some fights back on terrestrial TV. Who cares if they don't know their Lomachenkos from their Golovkins, maybe they will in the future.

Fully agree, out of rep unfortunately. It will also get fans who have moved away interested again. The fight was on free TV over here, most of the big fights are, all of Klitschko's are. 

A mate of mine is a huge boxing fan and knows a lot of fighters who wouldn't be on the radar of a big fight beaut like me.

He totally dismisses the Eubank/Benn era saying roy Jones would have wiped the floor with them all which he may have done before destroying his own legacy.

I remember him banging on about bute when I was telling him how much I loved froch. Again i'd never heard of bute but he hyped up to the max. I never wanted anyone to get beaten so badly as bute against froch.

Haven't spoken to him in a few years but dying to hear him dismiss that last night.

Not being funny mate but it really seems like you've got a problem with him. Maybe he is a cunt or a nasty bastard but id rather him not be a wanker like Fury or Bellew just chatting pure shit for the sake of it.

I prefer them to show their nasty streak in the ring which is what he does.

I definitely haven't got a problem with him at all, I just don't believe the Mr Nice guy act and would rather him be himself, now and again it comes out but he quickly reigns it in and spouts some motivational jargon. I'd like him to say what he actually feels not what he's told to say.

He doesn't need to be like Fury or Bellew just himself, if he gets pissed off by an opponent then say they've pissed him off. You could visibly see Whyte fucked him off and he hates him but he mostly said he didn't just that it was personal.

I honestly do like him because it's generally hard not to like him the way he is, I do however have a problem with Eddie Hearn the slimy prick. Him getting booed at his own show yesterday just sums him up.

I still don't get the Eddie Hearn hate personally. Yes i'd prefer the boxing to be on terrestrial TV and for there to be no PPV's as well but hate the game not the player.

A boxing promoter is an inherently cuntish job. The fact that a promoter is a cunt is not surprising, but it still makes him hateable.

I don't have a strong opinion on Hearn, not particularly a fan but I avoid all the promotional stuff where he'd be talking anyway. He certainly wasn't responsible for Sky making Boxing a non-mainstream sport here, perhaps his Dad may have been, not sure really?

Does anyone like any promoter? Don King seemed to be the slimiest cunt of them all, but the most mysterious has to be Al Haymon, if you can say Promoter is the right word for whatever it is he does.

I remember when AJ was fighting Dillian White and all the way through the build up White was constantly saying things like "just be yourself, why don't you show everyone who you really are, I know what you're really like" etc... think they know each other from back in the day.

I like AJ but I doubt he's being himself with all this stay humble stuff. I reckon he's a nasty bastard on the sly. Which there's nothing wrong with as you need that side to be a boxer.

Joshua may well have been a knobhead when he was younger but he seems to have changed into a good fella. None of us know the truth because we don't personally know the guy but i'm happy to believe that until proven otherwise.