You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko

Kevin D

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is going to win?

2. 2. How

That was a truly great fight. Probably won't be fully appreciated for a number of years, but it was.

Joshua now knows how costly lack of concentration can be... it nearly cost him. But he also knows he can take a hit from a serious fighter.

That really could have gone either way, but I think youth won out in the end.

I think that stoppage was a bit premature having seen it again. Saying that, it wouldn't have mattered as Joshua was going to win on points anyway

I thought the ref was a pain in the arse he seemed to take an age to start the count when Wlad was knocked down each time in the 11th.

Well, that's the first heavyweight title fight that's come close to matching the expectations Rocky IV raised in my much younger self.

In the end Mr Joshua delivered unto the Poundshop Ivan Drago a sound beating.

He's no poundshop guy.

He's a fantastic champion. No longer the current champion, but a champion all the same.

Totally agree on the fight though - it's putting heavyweight boxing back on the map, and rightly so.

Joke of a score card.

Fair fucks to Joshua for pulling that back from the brink but I think Wlad will be gutted when he looks back that he didn't just get him out of there when he had the chance.

He was a bit punch drunk in his interview I'd say, didn't seem right.

Must be hard to give interviews after fighting in a ring like that. There's no-one dominating the sport at all and hasn't been for a while so Joshua has the chance to make this the Joshua era. He's very good. It's funny though as when you think of boxers like Frank Bruno he would have a chance against most of the fighters at this time. Would these fighters stand a chance against the greats of yesteryear, like Tyson or Ali? Not for me, Clive.

He's no poundshop guy.

He's a fantastic champion. No longer the current champion, but a champion all the same.

Totally agree on the fight though - it's putting heavyweight boxing back on the map, and rightly so.

I think you're taking my posts a bit too seriously. Anyone who has seen my posts on boxing and the UFC threads know how little I know about the art of fighting.

However, to my untrained eye it appeared to be an actual fight as opposed to the sweaty clutch-fest they so often turn into.

• Upvote 1

Joke of a score card.

Fair fucks to Joshua for pulling that back from the brink but I think Wlad will be gutted when he looks back that he didn't just get him out of there when he had the chance.

He was a bit punch drunk in his interview I'd say, didn't seem right.

One judge gave AJ the first 5 rounds. Klitschko was using the jab more.

Would be interesting to see number of punches landed round by round.

To be fair, Joshua almost had Klitschko early on too. I think both fighters gave each other a lot of respect and didn't want to risk getting sucker punched by a wounded animal. In hindsight, both looked more wounded than perhaps either opponent realised.

For me, when Klitschko started weaving needlessly, it became obvious he was in trouble and trying to hide it. It was all over at that point.

Must be hard to give interviews after fighting in a ring like that. There's no-one dominating the sport at all and hasn't been for a while so Joshua has the chance to make this the Joshua era. He's very good. It's funny though as when you think of boxers like Frank Bruno he would have a chance against most of the fighters at this time. Would these fighters stand a chance against the greats of yesteryear, like Tyson or Ali? Not for me, Clive.

I think Klitschko would have put Tyson to the sword.