You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benteke

kirkbyred1

I agree with selling in Jan.

Just watch him score 1 in 2 though and of course power in headers/smash in piledrivers in another team.

He'll score 20 for a team that scores 40 because you need two wingers that'll probably score fuck all, and a load of yard dogs in midfield to do 85 minutes of defending.

• Upvote 1

Everyone assumes his "one way" is high balls to get his head on. Not true. Give him through balls to run on to and he will score.

Give him fuck all (like today) and you will get fuck all from him.

Our games against Sunderland and Leicester suggest otherwise.

He'll score 20 for a team that scores 40 because you need two wingers that'll probably score fuck all, and a load of yard dogs in midfield to do 85 minutes of defending.

He would score 20 for the bitters for example.

I am not defending him...i agree he has to go - he does not suit us or us him.

No, the tragic thing was a lot of our supporters thought he was going to be awesome. The even more tragic thing was a dead man walking was allowed to spunk 32.5 million quid on basically Andy Carrol from Belgium. 

Stop, you're going to make me cry.

If you go back, everybody with two brain cells to rub together said it wasn't the right fit and a disaster waiting to happen. I think a lot of other people were hoping because of pure unfounded optimism. I don't know how many times I watched the Youtube video of all his Villa goals trying to extrapolate some hope it would work out. But sadly, you can't turn donkeys into thoroughbreds, and this particular donkey requires some water on a pole and long trek through the desert.

• Upvote 1

He is not suited to the way we play at all, or the players we have at our disposal.

Why on earth Rodgers wanted him I'll never know.

The worst thing about him is because he's on his own up front and his movement is limited it negates about 75% of Coutinho's game, hence him being reduced daft 30 yard efforts.

He is not suited to the way we play at all, or the players we have at our disposal.

Why on earth Rodgers wanted him I'll never know.

The worst thing about it that because he's on his own and his movement is limited it negates about 75% of Coutinho's game, hence him being reduced daft 30 yard efforts.

You're forgetting, Rodgers had to buy a player first before seeing what they could do, to do things the other way around would be - quite frankly - mental.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

You're forgetting, Rodgers had to buy a player first before seeing what they could do, to do things the other way around would be - quite frankly - mental.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Didn't need to see what Carroll could do, sent him off without even considering him. 3 years later he bought the same player for £32m. Who allowed him to do that?

The worst thing about the whole Benteke situation is that at the time we were in for him, every man and his dog were saying he wouldn't suit our style of play, he doesn't work hard enough, his first touch isn't great. Will it stop us buying another shite target man in a few years time? Probably not. 

The real headfuck is that it was Rodgers who sold Carroll as he didnt suit the style of play we were after, only to spunk another 30 million quid of the clubs money a couple of years later on a player who is a very similar type.

Rodgers is a bullshitting cunt.  It was like he was on a mission to waste as much of the Clubs money as possible.  One of the worst appointments this club has made since I started supporting them and one we'll be paying for many years to come.

• Upvote 1