You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

It's madness. 

The same happens all the time in politically polarised America. Shooting. Some so-called "journalist" on social media will trawl through any social media presence that the peeps has. There'll be all the wrong sort of arguments, mostly point scoring in nature, declaring him a liberal or a typical Trump follower. The arguments that need to be had aboit gun control won't get anywhere as much input and then it'll all die down until the next one. When the same process will be followed again. Not forget the customary "thoughts and prayers." 

America is a basket case of a country. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I do actually wonder if there's any studies been done about whether sections of the us population show symptoms of actual brainwashing, I'm not saying that to take the piss it's a genuine question. Fox News etc.

I'm sure I've used that term when talking about Americans elsewhere on here. For a country that boasts about freedom, it's staggering how oblivious they are to to all the shit they are.

They're not a suppressed people and all the information they need to see just what's going on is readily available yet they just don't seem bothered to look. They're got at from an early age. From swearing a pledge of allegiance to the flag every morning in school through to adults who believe in this 'president of the free world' nonsense a feeling the need to say 'thank you for your service' to anyone they see in a armed forces uniform.

Aye, brainwashed just about sums them up. 

Some statistics for those who love actual facts, via WSJ.

"
In 2018 alone, including the most recent carnage at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, there have been 47,220 gun-related incidents resulting in 11,984 deaths in the United States, according to data compiled by Gun Violence Archive, an independent data-collection and research group."

About 3% of those are incidents of shooting in defence, according to these figures,

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/there-have-been-47220-gun-incidents-in-the-us-in-2018-and-here-they-all-are-on-one-map-2018-10-27?mod=cx_politics&cx_navSource=cx_politics&cx_tag=other&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Some statistics for those who love actual facts, via WSJ.

"
In 2018 alone, including the most recent carnage at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, there have been 47,220 gun-related incidents resulting in 11,984 deaths in the United States, according to data compiled by Gun Violence Archive, an independent data-collection and research group."

About 3% of those are incidents of shooting in defence, according to these figures,

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/there-have-been-47220-gun-incidents-in-the-us-in-2018-and-here-they-all-are-on-one-map-2018-10-27?mod=cx_politics&cx_navSource=cx_politics&cx_tag=other&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

To put it into perspective, 2996 people died in the 9/11 attacks. Nearly 12,000 deaths and the year isn't even out. That is disgusting. 

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Reading that, I can’t fathom why Scott couldn’t get a date....

I mean, the state of these idiots.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/28/17290256/incel-chad-stacy-becky

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting