You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I don’t expect us to spend at the level of both Manchester clubs or Chelsea. Two are artificially inflated and have been for years, the other a financial juggernaut due to harnessing two decades of success in the Premier League era.

While I don’t expect us to spend as much as the three mentioned, we could probably spend more than we have been.

I see two groups of three in the top six, and our job is to try to finish top of the second group of three and edge ahead of Arsenal and Spurs. Arsenal already have their stadium and Spurs have been punching above their weight for a few years now and have a good team and manager.

We need to finish top four and use that as a base to try to challenge for the title.

If we want to suddenly compete, financially, with the three who are clearly above us, then we need new owners, and not just any owners, but owners who are willing to spend whatever it takes to get in there among the three.

We’ve had an iffy start to the season but it’s still early days.

And we've got United followed by Spurs, it's not going to get better!

They are under investing. It's that simple. If they just stepped up got deals done for top players and not baulked at wages the business side would go far better if it's alongside an exciting liverpool.

We've a top manager but they want blood from a stone. mignolet, gomez, TAA, karuis, Moreno, lovren.. how much did our entire back line cost? We wonder why it's hugely flawed. They are providing the funds the club deserves. Our spending doesn't seem to of improved in spite if the huge TV deals and getting champions league which the lack of before can no longer be used as an excuse.

Speculate and take educated risks. More money is wasted on shite.

In fairness to FSG they were probably told  by various people that the above list of players we "had to have" by Rodgers/Klopp

Lets be honest, we are all guilty of thinking that some players will be great. I remember Lovrens protracted transfer, desperate for it to happen. Same with Downing, Aquillani, even Charlie Adam. Same with Keita now. He could well flop, but at one point in the summer I Was convinced he would make us contenders.

On the other hand, Im not patting them in the back for signing Mane or Salah.

If a Liverpool journalist struggles to get our own transfer spending correct, why should I believe what they say about other clubs?

But the key issue here is how much more those clubs earn than us.

in 2015/16, our revenues were £302m

Chelsea's were £335m

Arsenal's were £354m

City's were £392m

Uts's were £515m

It should not be surprising that we are way behind Chelsea, City and Utd when it comes to spending money

I get that but at the same time their costs should be a damn sight higher. I can't see how our wage bill is above MC considering they have squad players on 100k plus a week when we only have about 4 or 5 players above that.

Going back to that article they stated they used the figures from LFC history.net or something like that. How much do you make it as a net spent over their time here?

I had high hopes when they took us over and it shows how far my own expectations have fallen that I got excited when we were promised the Pot 'o' Gold war chest in the summer.. Its like taking home Pam Anderson and waking up with Pam Ayers

I'm surprised folk still listen to this 'war chest' guff on the eve of ST renwal time.  Happens every season.  Death by a thousand cuts over a period of time (7 years).  In this manner you don't know you're dying until you're dead.

I get that but at the same time their costs should be a damn sight higher. I can't see how our wage bill is above MC considering they have squad players on 100k plus a week when we only have about 4 or 5 players above that.

Going back to that article they stated they used the figures from LFC history.net or something like that. How much do you make it as a net spent over their time here?

I posted it earlier in this thread, but on my phone so not searching for it, but a bit over £200m over 5 years. We then had I reckon a roughly flat window last summer, and then this year a I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I'd guess avg of mid 30s

At a rough guess, as we don't have the financial results yet, is say about £240m, give or take £10m.

LFC History is a fantastic resource, but their transfer fees come from the media, which may  not include all the related fees, and the accounts give the actual cash spent and received from transfers.

At a rough guess, as we don't have the financial results yet, is say about £240m, give or take £10m.

LFC History is a fantastic resource, but their transfer fees come from the media, which may  not include all the related fees, and the accounts give the actual cash spent and received from transfers.

ok, the article did say transfer fees only and even stated that the figure they were using for Suarez was 65m as reported in the accounts. It also said that it had included all add-ons so Bobby was 29m not the 21m we paid.

And what is their source for all the other teams? They used LFC History for us, but is there a similar site for the other teams that goes into the same amount of detail with add-ons etc? When they are comparing us to what other teams have spent, why should we take the other team's numbers as gospel as well?

And transfer fees are not the only costs related to transfers, agent fees can be very large, it could be argued that player signing fees are also a transfer cost (I don't know what the accounting treatment is), if we don't take them into account its like missing quite a few bits of a jigsaw. You mention the £65m as opposed to £75m for Suarez (that info is not in the accounts btw, its what Barca stated), I think there is a big possibility that the difference between what each club said is the agent fees that were paid, possibly by us. So we get to say we got £75m for selling Suarez, Barcelona got to say they paid £65 for Suarez' registration, and the agent got to say thanks for my £10m.

Is it time to admit that they are at least a little shit?

Yes they are shit. I do not think there can be many fans out there now that cannot see this. The defence of 'well they could be worse' while true, ignores that they could be a hell of a lot better. 

We won't get anywhere while they own us, and as others have pointed out they currently have a investment that could return a profit of £700m if they sold. 

They're a more competent cancer and aids, better PR. 

They really lost interest when they realised they couldn't play each of the stands off against each other anymore with ticket prices. When we walked out they realised that the lemons had been squeezed enough. If they could run the football side as well as they run the commercial side we would be champions every year. 

The results on the pitch and lack of success under FSG speak loud enough, our worse time on the pitch since the 1950s, but let's not forget they are shafting us off the pitch.

Back in 2016 we had the highest season ticket prices based on income across the country. 

The only people left defending FSG are shills, closet torys and cuckolded yesmen who think they are gonna get invited onto John Henry's Yacht. 

Ca1j_Eqs_WAAAMi_T3.jpg

• Upvote 5

Reading articles and comments like those by Hogan make me feel sick in my stomach. One of the most storied institutions in world sports, appropriated by supercilious liars to service their own greed, selling donuts and coffee. A similar sensation, I imagine, to how many Americans feel about Trump in the White House.