You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Does anyone think Klopp would have went to Crystal Palace if FSG were there? It was the club that lured Klopp here not the owners, more a case of Klopp choosing us then them choosing him.

I'd give them about a 6/10 for this window, that might be partly down to Klopp but they've got form for fucking deals up and not quite doing enough since before Klopp arrived so it should be no surprise they kop the flak.

No one is saying they came exclusively because of them, but they deserve credit for identifying, recruiting and retaining (a contract extension) a top manager.

To borrow Shankly's old premise that the directors are there to sign the cheques, you would have to say that anything we win will primarily be because of the players and manager.

It's a human trait that success has many fathers, so if we did win the league on FSG's watch, there would be some reflected glory e.g. I would imagine John Henry would come over to see the trophy lifted, but everyone knows the score. Unless he puts his boots on and pops up with a header at the back post, the triumph will belong to the players and manager.

Well I suppose if they deserve credit if we were to win things then they deserve criticism for when we dont. Which is going on a few years now.

Mind you I'll happily credit them for getting Klopp in. Its obviously put the club on a good footing and we saw that with CL qualification. They could have went with another Rodgers type appointment but didn't.

All that being said they simply have to get better at ensuring we do better with football related matters. Probably above all else player recruitment. By whatever means they do it I dont care but just dont want to hear excuses year after year.

What the fuck are you talking about, Ive said someone should be sacked for that cock up  with van Dijk.

Some people are awfully quiet that they didnt sell coutinho despite the world and his wife saying they would take the money. Some people are awfully quiet that they did sign keita and stopped him going to another club next season but hey, whatever floats yer boat.

People are awfully quiet about the fact that we fucked up our main target because FSG appoint amateurs in executive positions. 

In fairness Saints would have made very hardwork of that deal even if we were perfect in our actions.

Not sure what to believe on that particular case, sounds as though Klopp jumped in a bit too soon if the tapping up stories are true. Would explain why he didnt hit the roof when we didnt actually get him.

In fairness Saints would have made very hardwork of that deal even if we were perfect in our actions.

Not sure what to believe on that particular case, sounds as though Klopp jumped in a bit too soon if the tapping up stories are true. Would explain why he didnt hit the roof when we didnt actually get him.

Why is Klopp acting off book then? He's not the highest-ranking member of the enterprise in Liverpool. It's a shambles. 

What the fuck are you talking about, Ive said someone should be sacked for that cock up  with van Dijk.

Some people are awfully quiet that they didnt sell coutinho despite the world and his wife saying they would take the money. Some people are awfully quiet that they did sign keita and stopped him going to another club next season but hey, whatever floats yer boat.

There is an increasing mistrust against them from an awful lot of people and I am personally at the point where I think they should sell because they are holding the club back. Selling Coutinho would have been suicidal from their point of view. They money would have been nice for them (plenty of interest to be had there, because it wouldn't have been spent on players that's for certain) but their reputation would have been in the gutter. Especially after the statement of "he's not for sale."

What would people do if we got VVD in Jan and then got another couple of players next summer and then won the league next season. People will laugh but I see it as a possibility.

Well I would immediately declare the players and managers involvement in our league win as a side show and would look forward to watching the FSG bus victory parade  

What would people do if we got VVD in Jan and then got another couple of players next summer and then won the league next season. People will laugh but I see it as a possibility.

We haven't bought a player in January since Coutinho, What makes you think they are going to drop an extortionate sum on a player we have to be invited to bid for?

There's no value to be had in January and next summer is a world cup year, so there's excuses for the next three window.

Going to be real interesting when accounts from the last two summer start to rear their head.  That's when we stopped spending what we earn on players.

There's no value to be had in January and next summer is a world cup year, so there's excuses for the next three window.

Going to be real interesting when accounts from the last two summer start to rear their head.  That's when we stopped spending what we earn on players.

I hadn't thought of that - that will be their excuse next year as well.

"We tried to get the deals done but the players were still at the World Cup." That's a shoe in of an excuse given the impending reduction of the transfer window.

I suspect this january may be different given the number of failed moves.