You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Said on another thread that he's like Dechamps in a Juve mifield of Zidane, Davids and Conte. He wasn't as good as those around him but he added something to the mix, but take them away and he looks exposed and very limited.

Henderson is a bit like a spleen. Not as vital as lungs, heart or arse, but it keeps things ticking over when it's working well.

• 3 weeks later...

He's been below form recently but has still contributed more than most. It was obvious he was carrying his injury for a while but played through it and I'm not sure many 'cowards' would do that,Keita,OC for example,and it's not the first time Henderson has done that for the team either.He's obviously on the wane due to age and injuries but he still has plenty to offer,when fit. He deserves the utmost respect as he's a vital cog in the Liverpool wheel and has been a big part of our success,the non-flashy part that just gets the job done. I find it hard to deride this man when he's done so much in an era where we've been successful beyond our apparent strengths. Henderson is no small part of it either.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Apparently it was him that asked to be there, injury or no injury. 

Wouldn't surprise me, he seems to consider it a huge honour having the responsibility of being vice captain of his national team and wants to do everything he can. It won't be the first time he's traveled with the England squad even though he's been injured. 

He's been more of a leader than Kane ever has anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Wouldn't surprise me, he seems to consider it a huge honour having the responsibility of being vice captain of his national team and wants to do everything he can. It won't be the first time he's traveled with the England squad even though he's been injured. 

He's been more of a leader than Kane ever has anyway. 

Could do without this noble to a fault stuff when it comes to those cunts, to be honest. He needs to fuck it off, asap. He's got his new contract with Liverpool, he knows his body isn't what it was. He should follow James Milner's example rather than continuing to be a bit part player for that wet blanket soft cunt Southgate.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Could do without this noble to a fault stuff when it comes to those cunts, to be honest. He needs to fuck it off, asap. He's got his new contract with Liverpool, he knows his body isn't what it was. He should follow James Milner's example rather than continuing to be a bit part player for that wet blanket soft cunt Southgate.

Agree.

I said the same with Gerrard.  They both see their international games as the pinnacle of their careers and you can’t begrudge them that because of petty club allegiances.  Good luck to him if he eta into the squad.  Interesting to hear how well he’s feeling as plenty of people have put his ‘lacklustre’ form with Liverpool in the last 12 months down to him carrying this and that injury.  Let’s put that to bed now. 

6 hours ago, stringvest said:

I said the same with Gerrard.  They both see their international games as the pinnacle of their careers and you can’t begrudge them that because of petty club allegiances.  Good luck to him if he eta into the squad.  Interesting to hear how well he’s feeling as plenty of people have put his ‘lacklustre’ form with Liverpool in the last 12 months down to him carrying this and that injury.  Let’s put that to bed now. 

So lacklustre he played in three finals,winning two.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, stringvest said:

The difference here is Henderson is a sub, he's too old to be travelling the world as a squad player. How many if those lads get referring too are on the bench at 36/37? None I'd say.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

The difference here is Henderson is a sub, he's too old to be travelling the world as a squad player. How many if those lads get referring too are on the bench at 36/37? None I'd say.

The point still stands though.  Some players will grow up dreaming of playing for their country and they won’t want to give that up readily.  We’ve always had players who will follow their heart in that respect and you can’t knock it just because your abstract loyalties are different.

16 minutes ago, stringvest said:

The point still stands though.  Some players will grow up dreaming of playing for their country and they won’t want to give that up readily.  We’ve always had players who will follow their heart in that respect and you can’t knock it just because your abstract loyalties are different.

I'm generally in agreement with you that international games and careers aren't the inconvenience they are made out to be on here. What I think is different here is his employers were pretty clear they didn't think he had 4 seasons in him, he's paid huge money to be available for us, a player at his age, with his bit part role in the England squad shouldn't be prioritising England.

Henderson is definitely in the political stage of his England career, the dreams ended a decade ago. His words and actions now are designed for what comes next. 

37 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He probably just likes getting away from the wife and kids for a few days.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)